Meet the DSi LL folks

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Tchay
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by Tchay » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:44 pm

snowpenguin wrote:A DS is not a portable N64. It is not. It is a DS. It may be similar in power, but it's obvious why a portable today would have yesterday's home console's power. Otherwise, it's completely different. It's not like you can plug an n64 cart into a DS.

And it's just the same that when people were anticipating the DS, they weren't talking about a portable gamecube, they were talking about a new handheld.

You're waiting for a new portable, not a portable gamecube.
You're right its not. Read my above post again to see what I was actually saying.
Image Image

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by snowpenguin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Read my previous post again (did you even read it the first time?) to see what I was actually saying. :wtf: I hate it when people do this, they tell you to do something that they don't even do, what's the word for that, OH, HYPOCRITE. :P
snowpenguin wrote:And it's just the same that when people were anticipating the DS, they weren't talking about a portable gamecube, they were talking about a new handheld.

You're waiting for a new portable, not a portable gamecube.
YOU DON'T CALL IT A PORTABLE GAMECUBE. YOU CALL IT NINTY'S NEXT HANDHELD.

Does that sum it up good for you? :P
Image

User avatar
Tchay
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by Tchay » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 pm

snowpenguin wrote:Read my previous post again (did you even read it the first time?) to see what I was actually saying. :wtf: I hate it when people do this, they tell you to do something that they don't even do, what's the word for that, OH, HYPOCRITE. :P
snowpenguin wrote:And it's just the same that when people were anticipating the DS, they weren't talking about a portable gamecube, they were talking about a new handheld.

You're waiting for a new portable, not a portable gamecube.
YOU DON'T CALL IT A PORTABLE GAMECUBE. YOU CALL IT NINTY'S NEXT HANDHELD.

Does that sum it up good for you? :P
Well I quoted you so rest assured I read all your posts. But you're right and I'm wrong, argument settled.
Image Image

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by snowpenguin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Lol. Love when that happens.

This is just another pointless DS release. I think it should only be one per console, you don't see Sony going out and adding webcams and then alrger screens and all kinds of crap to their portable. copulate this large screen one, time for a whole new portable, quit trying to milk a dead horse. Errr.... Cow.
Image

User avatar
Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:14 pm
Location: A very anti-metal place...WI...
Contact:

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Well, you gotta remember, unlike all the other companies, Nintendo is going for sales through gimmicks, rather than solid hardware. It costs a whole lot less to take what you already have and make it flashy than it does to spend time developing something that's more powerful and very different.
Image
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

User avatar
bicostp
Moderator
Posts: 10491
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Steam ID: bicostp
Location: Spamalot
Contact:

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by bicostp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:43 pm

There's already a commercial portable Gamecube.
















It's called the PSP. Image


:lol: :P

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by snowpenguin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:59 pm

.........................................................:facepalm:
Image

User avatar
nitro2k01
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by nitro2k01 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:03 am

bicostp wrote:There's already a commercial portable Gamecube.

It's called the PSP. Image


:lol: :P
Uhm no... I understand that was supposed to be a pun, but you're wrong. If anything, the PSP is a Portable PSX. Not just similar power, but an actual Portable PSX. The CPU and hardware is similar enugh that PSX games can run natively on the PSP, even if some things have to be handled separately. That's how the "PSX emulator" works.
My blog
ASM Retro <- Gameboy Classic Backlight

Being the sadistic bastard I am, I have covered Frog's left eye with a Santa hat.

Last edited by nitro2k01 tomorrow, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diminuendo
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:12 am

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by Diminuendo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:17 am

snowpenguin wrote:Lol. Love when that happens.

This is just another pointless DS release. I think it should only be one per console, you don't see Sony going out and adding webcams and then alrger screens and all kinds of crap to their portable. copulate this large screen one, time for a whole new portable, quit trying to milk a dead horse. Errr.... Cow.
Snow Penguin, the are 4 PSPs and like 32 different PS3s the last of which, the slim, being a weaker system (although smaller and Efficient energy)

User avatar
Sparkfist
Forum Administrator
Posts: 6754
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:12 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 am

The DSi LL (Little Larger)!!!

It's an idea that I would say is more for the people like me with grotesquely large hands. I bought a DS lite, and while I can play it, the smaller form-factor to the original is uncomfortable for extended periods of time. A larger DS means:
Yes something new for a higher price
Nintendo can squeeze money from this group of people
And continues their business model of releasing a million variations of the same products (Game Boy)

I really think that they could have played this smarter. Take the old DS, maybe change the lid a little bit, maybe the buttons ( cause their tiny!) and give it a color scheme like that of an SNES or N64. Release it as a new DS or Special Edition. And like always make money off the idiots that think everything Nintendo makes it awesome. This would have been simpler but hey what do I know.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:56 am

Diminuendo wrote:
snowpenguin wrote:Lol. Love when that happens.

This is just another pointless DS release. I think it should only be one per console, you don't see Sony going out and adding webcams and then alrger screens and all kinds of crap to their portable. copulate this large screen one, time for a whole new portable, quit trying to milk a dead horse. Errr.... Cow.
Snow Penguin, the are 4 PSPs and like 32 different PS3s the last of which, the slim, being a weaker system (although smaller and Efficient energy)
..............AND?
Image

User avatar
smitty
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: the band room
Contact:

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by smitty » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:32 pm

snowpenguin wrote:
Diminuendo wrote:
snowpenguin wrote:Lol. Love when that happens.

This is just another pointless DS release. I think it should only be one per console, you don't see Sony going out and adding webcams and then alrger screens and all kinds of crap to their portable. copulate this large screen one, time for a whole new portable, quit trying to milk a dead horse. Errr.... Cow.
Snow Penguin, the are 4 PSPs and like 32 different PS3s the last of which, the slim, being a weaker system (although smaller and Efficient energy)
..............AND?
Ooooh, counting time! Yayy! Let's see...
Sony: PSP. PSP Slim. PSP 3000. PSP Go.
Ninty: DS. DS Lite. DSi. DSi LL.
Looks even to me! :)
But in terms of home consoles, there's only one Wii. And there's the original PS3 that broke PS2 games, the PS3 that can't play PS2 games, some other ones that nobody cares about, and the PS3 Slim.
So yes, we DO see Sony adding crap to their systems. Err, more crap. 'Cuz their systems are crap. (Yayy, fanboyism!)
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:
Image

Diminuendo
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:12 am

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by Diminuendo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:39 pm

smitty wrote:
snowpenguin wrote:
Diminuendo wrote:
snowpenguin wrote:Lol. Love when that happens.

This is just another pointless DS release. I think it should only be one per console, you don't see Sony going out and adding webcams and then alrger screens and all kinds of crap to their portable. copulate this large screen one, time for a whole new portable, quit trying to milk a dead horse. Errr.... Cow.
Snow Penguin, the are 4 PSPs and like 32 different PS3s the last of which, the slim, being a weaker system (although smaller and Efficient energy)
..............AND?
Ooooh, counting time! Yayy! Let's see...
Sony: PSP. PSP Slim. PSP 3000. PSP Go.
Ninty: DS. DS Lite. DSi. DSi LL.
Looks even to me! :)
But in terms of home consoles, there's only one Wii. And there's the original PS3 that broke PS2 games, the PS3 that can't play PS2 games, some other ones that nobody cares about, and the PS3 Slim.
So yes, we DO see Sony adding crap to their systems. Err, more crap. 'Cuz their systems are crap. (Yayy, fanboyism!)
It was never meant to be competitive, I honestly dont have any real console loyalty, I like video games.
snowpenguin wrote: I think it should only be one(refreash) per console, you don't see Sony going out and adding webcams and then alrger screens and all kinds of crap to their portable.
The PSP has had 4 different models, and I don't know about you but I do see Sony putting all kinds of crap into their portable. I just found it odd that your high standards apply to the DS and not the PSP
Last edited by Diminuendo on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Lol. they didn't drastically change the psp over and over, except for the go which I completely forgot about...
Image

User avatar
hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Georgia Sweet Georgia

Re: Meet the DSi LL folks

Post by hailrazer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:45 pm

snowpenguin wrote:Lol. they didn't drastically change the psp over and over, except for the go which I completely forgot about...

You got caught being a fanboy. Admit it and move on.

We all have the right to like what we want to. :)
My Portable Systems:
Image
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Post Reply