Good 360 games

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

stuntpenguin007
Good 360 games

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:07 pm

I haven't actually sat down and played a 360 game through for quite a while now, and my 360 has just been collecting dust. What are some good games, preferably rated T or below. I've heard batman: arkham asylum is pretty good, but thats just from review sites, and I'd like to hear some more opinions on it before I buy/rent it. I really want to find a good multiplayer game too, weather it be co-op or VS.

oh yeah, and try to stay away from mentioning guitar hero / rock band / anything with funky accessories
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

Designer noob

Re: Good 360 games

Post by Designer noob » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:10 pm

My personal favorite is Dark sector

1. Gears of War 1 and 2 are pretty good

Both of these games aren't out yet.

1.Darksiders check it out
2.Darkvoid check it out
The N64/GBA Remix
Image ............................................................................................................................................. Xbox360 WVI

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:02 pm

burnout paradise is great.
batman, arkham asylum is very fun, although some of it becomes very generic.
far cry: instincts predator is very good, and its two games in one. but it is very hard. VERY hard (seriously, medium is harder than legendary in halo2 with all the skulls on).
assassins creed is fun and different, although it gets repetitive.
red faction: guerilla is very fun. it presents lots of different gameplay. its not just a run of the mill 3rd person shooter.
fable II is very fun. lots of stuff to do.
oblivion is, well, oblivion. its awesome.
fallout 3 is also excellent.
ARCADE GAMES:
if you have a fast internet connection, these are some good ones:
trials HD
shadow complex
marble blast ultra
doom (its doom. durr)
braid
:D
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Orange box is pretty good bang for your buck, and mirrors edge is worth it if it's cheap.

ArugulaZ

Post by ArugulaZ » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm a fan of Street Fighter IV, but do be advised that an upgrade will be released early next year.

Also, Borderlands looks pretty promising... it's a first person shooter with adventure elements, and unlike a lot of these games, it actually has a color spectrum outside the boundaries of grey and brown! Will wonders ever cease?

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:46 am

Two of the better games I've played this year (that are rated T or below) are Batman: Arkham Asylum and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2.

Batman is kind of like a cross-breed between BioShock, Assassin's Creed, and Metal Gear Solid 4. It may not quite be worthy of the lofty praise it received from game critics, but it still a very good game.

Marvel is at least as good as the first one and offers a solid multi-player experience. It is a true beat-em-up type game, but also incorporates a leveling system and offers a lot of gameplay variety with the large number of playable characters that can be unlocked.

Then, if you're into racing games, Forza Motorsport 3 comes out tomorrow. I just put my pre-order down yesterday to make sure a copy would be waiting for me. This game is going to rock!

Tracer9

Post by Tracer9 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 am

Dead Rising - a fun zombie killer with masses and masses of zombies to kill in as many interesting ways as you can!

Mass Effect - 3rd person shooter / RPG from Bioware. Really excellent futuristic space story, a good 30+ hours of gameplay. Easily my favorite 360 game.

Fallout 3 Game of the Year - Came out this month and includes all the content packs. It's another 1st/3rd person shooter RPG. Very similar, in mechanics, to Oblivion, but with a post apocalyptic storyline.

Assassin's Creed - A lot of people claimed it's really repetitive, but it's not all that bad. I spent a weekend last month playing that game to 100% and it wasn't bad at all.

And, for this time of the year, you can't go wrong with Dead Space. Everyone I've talked to about it says it's great. I've never played it as I'm not a fan of horror games, even if I want to be, but yeah, I haven't really heard anything bad about it.

I just started Batman Arkham Asylum, and it's not too bad so far. I haven't seen it be as good as it was hyped out to be, though.

Michaelthurston
Steam ID:MichaelThurston

Post by Michaelthurston » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:13 pm

My favorite 360 games are:

Dead Rising: This is how games should be, Challenging, Long, and Unique(the save System is very Unique and most people hate it)
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero 2
skate. 1
Rainbow Six: Vegas 1
Saint's Row
Viva Pinata(Heeell yeah ;D)
Mass Effect
Crackdown
Prey
Quake 4
Arcade:
Castle Crashers(BEST ARCADE GAME EVAR)
Marble blast Ultra
Switchball
Feeding Frenzy
Sonic the Hedgehog
n+

And thats about it for me, the most Memorable games. heh.
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)