WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VIDEO GAMES OF 09

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Boneylad
PSN Username:boneylad
Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE VIDEO GAMES OF 09

Post by Boneylad » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:10 pm

I played Assassin's creed 2 yesterday. It is SOO awesome. The graphics are insane and you can do HEAPS of new stuff!
-boneylad

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:45 pm

madc0w wrote:Currently borderlands. Pretty rediculous game, tons of fun.
Hmmm... Yet more praise and I conveniently have this Gamestop giftcard buring a hole in my wallet. :D

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:05 pm

definitely worth it. I've played through once, and Im gonna finish another play through with hunter that I started with two of my friends after my chem test tomorrow. Then I'll prolly end up playing the other classes at least once and do the extended playthrough for soldier.
One warning though, the ending copulate blows. But the rest of the game is insanely fun, so you can kinda ignore that. It really sets crap up for an epic borderlands 2 though.
One thing I think the game should get for DLC is a multiplayer mode, not just co-op. The amazingness of borderlands battlegrounds would be undeniable. Maybe something similar to an alterac valley, with targeted NPC's you have to take out.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Borderlands, The only thing i noticed was that the online lobby menu was screwed, It would say the host was lvl 7 but you would join a game with LVL 35-40's
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:05 pm

madc0w wrote:definitely worth it. I've played through once, and Im gonna finish another play through with hunter that I started with two of my friends after my chem test tomorrow. Then I'll prolly end up playing the other classes at least once and do the extended playthrough for soldier.
One warning though, the ending copulate blows. But the rest of the game is insanely fun, so you can kinda ignore that. It really sets crap up for an epic borderlands 2 though.
One thing I think the game should get for DLC is a multiplayer mode, not just co-op. The amazingness of borderlands battlegrounds would be undeniable. Maybe something similar to an alterac valley, with targeted NPC's you have to take out.
What system do you have it for? I'd be getting it for 360 and may be looking for fellow players if you'd be up for it..

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:02 pm

jones wrote:
madc0w wrote:definitely worth it. I've played through once, and Im gonna finish another play through with hunter that I started with two of my friends after my chem test tomorrow. Then I'll prolly end up playing the other classes at least once and do the extended playthrough for soldier.
What system do you have it for? I'd be getting it for 360 and may be looking for fellow players if you'd be up for it..
I have it for Ps3,
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:01 pm

PC.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Triton wrote:Black Mesa

YES

J.D

Post by J.D » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:15 am

Triton wrote:Black Mesa
:D I can't wait until Black Mesa comes out...

xxlucky13xx3

Post by xxlucky13xx3 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:09 pm

same here,i also can't wait to get my hands on borderlands :D

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 pm

DNT 2.5 wrote:I have it for Ps3,
So is the community for it pretty strong on the PS3?

ArugulaZ

Post by ArugulaZ » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:30 am

Thank you for not saying Demon's Souls. What an utter pain in the ass this game has been. Why NO, I don't need a checkpoint next to the boss! Please, by all means make me wade through a mile of enemies I've already fought twelve times before! :wtf:

I don't know if I have a favorite this year. Games in general have been pissing me off lately. I liked the concept of Scribblenauts, but the game controls quite poorly and items don't always work the way they should. I think the sequel will be a much better game overall if they listen to some of the complaints people have had about the first one.

Schmeman

Post by Schmeman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:03 am

My favorite game this year has to be Phantasy Star Zero. After so many hours logged on PSO how could I resist a game so similar... it's funny though, it mostly just makes me want to play PSO...

If I'm not careful I'll lose a couple more years of my life to feeding my mags...
Currently Playing:

Xenogears
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Parasite Eve

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:17 am

Uncharted 2. There have been some other strong contenders along the way, but this one takes the crown as of right now.

It raises the bar so high on what a game can be that my minor quibbles with some of the controls are rendered mute. Phenomenal voice acting, a great story, incredibly well designed and diverse action set pieces, the feeling that you're playing a movie... These are just a sample of the things that make this game great.

I started playing it at about 11:30AM on Monday and beat it at around 1:30AM early Tuesday morning. There were a couple small breaks in there, but in all I logged 10 hours and 45 minutes to beat the campaign. I just couldn't stop playing.

It is that good!