Amazon Prime Membership?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Zeturi
PSN Username:Zeturi_
Amazon Prime Membership?

Post by Zeturi » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:59 pm

I really liked the trial when I had it. Tons of good items have free two-day shipping, and you can upgrade to one day shipping for $4.00. Amazon carries a lot of stuff that I like, like lexan, dremel kits, noacs, and systems. The only bad part is that to keep it, it costs $80.00 a year. I know in the long run that expedited shipping for most of my items would definitely eat more money than that. I think that it might be a good long-term investment. Thoughts?
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

wallydawg

Re: Amazon Prime Membership?

Post by wallydawg » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:24 am

Free two day shipping might make it worth it. You'd figure games ship for $3-$4 on average, so to make math during the middle of the night easier lets say $4, therein you'd have to buy at least 20 things a year. Buying systems and the other stuff you mentioned would cut that down considerably, so yeah in theory it does sound worth it. It would suck to buy into it and not have any money left to be able to buy anything though haha.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:43 am

I would just take the standard free super shipping, but if you would just be paying for expedited shipping anyway, it is probably worth it.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Can you have it not save your credit card info and address? We could have a benheck account.

Zeturi

Post by Zeturi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:19 pm

I think it does remember your info. You can delete it at any time, but you would need to enter it when you buy stuff. And one problem I can see is that when you return something, the money is automatically returned to your card. If the info is deleted immediately after purchase, then you might not be able to get a refund.
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:42 am

Zeturi wrote:I think it does remember your info. You can delete it at any time, but you would need to enter it when you buy stuff. And one problem I can see is that when you return something, the money is automatically returned to your card. If the info is deleted immediately after purchase, then you might not be able to get a refund.
When you don't have it save info, it does remember it for refunds. What I could see happening is people accidentally forgetting to tell it not to save their info, then the next person to use it doesn't realize that the other person's CC is still saved, then makes a purchase with somebody else's card.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Zeturi

Post by Zeturi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:49 pm

Yeah, but when you go to checkout it tells you the name of the cardholder, so they would know if they were using someone else's credit card. You can cancel an order within 24 hours and have nothing charged, so if there is a slip-up it can be fixed easily if done quick enough.