Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
User avatar
ShockSlayer
Niblet 64
Posts: 5059
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: In my inbox.

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:33 pm

That was never the goal, gaining ANY prizes off of lazer was never an intention of me and according to the mods this isn't about the prizes anymore, since I've already dealt with that issue!

Enough.

Something you all should know: I won't care if this site goes straight down to hell in the toilet, and neither should you. That will never stop me from portablizing, or modding, or hacking, or aspiring to be an EE, or anything. I'll keep right on chugging with it. You people can keep having a beef with each other: that's fine by me. I've settled the issues I've had with people, and that's fine with me.

Now, I like both communities. Differences aside, I know you all are good people and capable of great things. And that should be why we are here, and not for anything else.

So grow some balls and do something about it. ANYONE posting on the issue or adding to it is just as responsible for the issue as the next person, no one is better, no side is right. Lock and move on or continue to deteriorate your forums with this garbage.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
vskid
Senior Member
Posts: 6314
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 am
Steam ID: vskid3
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by vskid » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:47 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:Now, I like both communities. Differences aside, I know you all are good people and capable of great things. And that should be why we are here, and not for anything else.

So grow some balls and do something about it. ANYONE posting on the issue or adding to it is just as responsible for the issue as the next person, no one is better, no side is right. Lock and move on or continue to deteriorate your forums with this garbage.

SS
I agree. I don't see where this topic can go from here, besides back to beating the same dead horse. We (the staff) will decide what action should be taken (if any). Consider this topic closed unless you have further evidence to present, I will leave it unlocked for now.
Image

User avatar
bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 3984
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by bacteria » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Agreed ShockSlayer!

Kurt_ - you are trying to provocate things with your post wrongly; we aren't rising to it though, so stop being an idiot! :roll:
Image

User avatar
bicostp
Moderator
Posts: 10491
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Steam ID: bicostp
Location: Spamalot
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by bicostp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:00 pm

Now that Nightwheel admitted it was him, Ill post this. Submitted for the approval of the midnight society, I call this story the Nightwheel Transcript:
Session Start (nightwheelgater:palmerluckey): Sun Aug 30 15:06:10 2009 -0500
nightwheel: (Link: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/306/admit2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/306/admit2.jpg
nightwheel: hello
*** "palmerluckey (palmerluckey)" signed off at Sun Aug 30 16:01:37 2009.
*** "palmerluckey (palmerluckey)" signed on at Sun Aug 30 16:08:50 2009.
nightwheel: so devil, whats the deal?
palmerluckey: It has already been settled
palmerluckey: Someone else sold their soul
palmerluckey: XD
nightwheel: dang
nightwheel: what was the deal
nightwheel: hello?
palmerluckey: Sorry
palmerluckey: It is top secret now

palmerluckey: :(
palmerluckey: You will know by tomorrow morning
palmerluckey: It will be awesome
nightwheel: I was intersted dang it
nightwheel: I tried to get in contact with you
nightwheel: today
palmerluckey: Look
palmerluckey: Even if you had won
palmerluckey: you would have had to give up the prizes

nightwheel: oh
nightwheel: thats quite the hitch
palmerluckey: Yeah
palmerluckey: However
palmerluckey: I can give you another chance at the prizes
palmerluckey: When your portable is finished
nightwheel: I can only wonder who sold their soul
nightwheel: was it Banditpaws?
nightwheel: I guess I'll see tomarrow
palmerluckey: Not him
palmerluckey: XD
palmerluckey: Keep something in mind, though
palmerluckey: If Bacteria wins
palmerluckey: He is going to use the prizes for the ModRetro competition

nightwheel: whoa really
palmerluckey: if a certain other person wins, MORE prizes to modretro
palmerluckey: Yes
palmerluckey: he posted so
palmerluckey: SS might enter, too
palmerluckey: Same deal with him

nightwheel: I could front a prize or two
palmerluckey: So see why it is a good idea to vote for Bacteria?
palmerluckey: ;)

palmerluckey: You will get another shot
nightwheel: I think his looks the best anyways
palmerluckey: Yeah
palmerluckey: Might point this out privately to some members
palmerluckey: There is no official plan
palmerluckey: But if we all vote for Bacteria and make sure nobody else wins, it will be good for us

nightwheel: shall I front a prize or 2 from my personal stuff?
nightwheel: for the modreto comp of course
palmerluckey: yes
nightwheel: don't expect anything amazing. Becuase it won't be
palmerluckey: lol
palmerluckey: Fair enough
palmerluckey: Keep this part to yourself
palmerluckey: But if a terrible, terrible portable is entered
palmerluckey: by anyone
palmerluckey: I mean TERRIBLE
palmerluckey: It would be a good idea to vote for it
palmerluckey: Since the maker is donating the prizes

nightwheel: >:D
nightwheel: X-D
palmerluckey: Yup
palmerluckey: Seriously, though
palmerluckey: Spread the word
palmerluckey: I cannot do it myself very well
palmerluckey: SInce I own modretro

palmerluckey: Hello?
nightwheel: had to go over to someone's house and feed their fish
nightwheel: sorry
palmerluckey: Oh, ok
nightwheel: I may finish a portable yet
nightwheel: But I'm going to be honest
nightwheel: this this is going to be huge and combersome
palmerluckey: prolly
nightwheel: 5" black and White TV combersome
palmerluckey: Will it be done in time?
nightwheel: it should it I can figure out how to power the tv and my sega geneis at the same time
nightwheel: off a 500mah 9v Ni-cid
nightwheel: and I got to get the TV to accept a video signal
nightwheel: through the attana jack
palmerluckey: Cool
nightwheel: expect much electric tape lol
palmerluckey: the genesis has RF out, you know
nightwheel: i know
nightwheel: I don't want to mod the screen's internals
nightwheel: and the jack is sorta like a earphone jack
palmerluckey: brb
*** "palmerluckey (palmerluckey)" signed off at Sun Aug 30 16:37:25 2009.
*** "palmerluckey (palmerluckey)" signed on at Sun Aug 30 16:41:46 2009.
palmerluckey: Back
*** "palmerluckey (palmerluckey)" signed off at Sun Aug 30 16:46:14 2009.
*** "palmerluckey (palmerluckey)" signed on at Sun Aug 30 16:46:35 2009.
*** "palmerluckey (palmerluckey)" signed off at Sun Aug 30 16:47:40 2009.
*** "palmerluckey (palmerluckey)" signed on at Sun Aug 30 17:00:11 2009.
palmerluckey: How ugly will this be?
palmerluckey: If it is really, really ugly
palmerluckey: I might make you win
palmerluckey: In exchange for your winnings
palmerluckey: ;)

palmerluckey: What you say?
nightwheel: If I get it done. AVGN would proably take a real crap on it
palmerluckey: Get it done
palmerluckey: If you do
palmerluckey: And it is ugly enough
palmerluckey: you have the whole of modretro behind you
palmerluckey: But you need to agree to give the prizes to our prize pool

nightwheel: ok
Session Close (palmerluckey): Sun Aug 30 17:40:07 2009 -0500
As for "taking action", we're deliberating. So far it looks like there will be bans and/or barring from future contests for those involved in coming up with and perpetuating the plan.

Like I've said from the beginning, I'm very disappointed that you abused our trust the wya you did. We go through all the effort of organizing the contest for you guys and you pull a stunt like this, then turn around and lie to our faces about it when we figure it out. I thought you founded Modretro because you wanted respect for all your users. Well apparently we're worth less than that to you, because this was extremely disrespectful to everyone who organized the competition and every other entrant who didn't agree to hand over their winnings in exchange for votes.

And none of you have addressed my question:

How are we supposed to trust you again next time we run a contest?
(Now it's nice and big and hard to ignore. : P)

And I dont' want to hear more posts that are interchangeable with the lyrics to Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot". :\

User avatar
dragonhead
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: NH, USA
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by dragonhead » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm

bicostp wrote:Now that Nightwheel admitted it was him, Ill post this. Submitted for the approval of the midnight society, I call this story the Nightwheel Transcript:
How are we supposed to trust you again next time we run a contest?
(Now it's nice and big and hard to ignore. : P)
thank you. put out clear an legibly. you cannot argue.

User avatar
ShockSlayer
Niblet 64
Posts: 5059
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: In my inbox.

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:22 pm

The answer is obvious, at least to me.

You can't, you have no reason to, and I apologize for that, sincerely.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
kylechu
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:54 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, but mostly in one place.

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by kylechu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:24 pm

I really do need to learn to read.
Last edited by kylechu on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by snowpenguin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:25 pm

kylechu wrote:The answer is obvious, at least to me.

They can, they have every reason to, and I really don't feel sorry for you at all, sincerely.

KC

What? Who can? The BH mods can trust us? You don't feel sorry for who? Every reason to what?
Image

User avatar
dragonhead
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: NH, USA
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by dragonhead » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 pm

snowpenguin wrote:
kylechu wrote:The answer is obvious, at least to me.

They can, they have every reason to, and I really don't feel sorry for you at all, sincerely.

KC

What? Who can? The BH mods can trust us? You don't feel sorry for who? Every reason to what?
i believe he was referring to banning. not trust.

User avatar
kylechu
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:54 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, but mostly in one place.

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by kylechu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Oops. I thought SS was talking about banning.
Anyway, don't ban them. They don't deserve that.
\

User avatar
Steamdnt
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 pm
PSN Username: xboxlive_adm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by Steamdnt » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:30 pm

Gump-in-space wrote:My list of people responsible for this horrid mess:
palmertech
shockslayer
bacteria
robm
bibin
J.D
snowpenguin
DNT 2.5

My opinion: Ban them all. It doesn't matter what they did, or if they appollogized. They are immature, and a complete drain on this community. J.D isn't even legally old enough to post here, it seems shockslayer palmertech and a few other members were sharing the Lazer account, and several other members who weren't even actively involved pretended to be lazer to perpetuate this mess.

You guys want the old forum back? I'll tell you how- cut off all the dead weight.
Hey gump, the reason no-one voted for you
Is cause its a screen hot glued to a genesis.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

User avatar
kylechu
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:54 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere, but mostly in one place.

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by kylechu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:35 pm

I really don't think that's why he's angry. He's angry because you're trying to invalidate the contest itself, the hard work people have done on their portables, and the generous prizes hailraizer has given away.

And you're probably going to do it again next year.
\

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by snowpenguin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Anybody else notice the massive amounts of RuneScape gold posts by the spammer in the past few minutes? Sounds like a bot to me.

50 of them now. :facepalm:
Image

User avatar
Steamdnt
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 pm
PSN Username: xboxlive_adm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by Steamdnt » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:43 pm

Skyone wrote:@bacteria: what are you talking about? That is a horrible reason. The true members of this site would not be banned. Anyone who would feel strongly enough to leave because we banned a few members should leave. Then, the site would be back to normal. As Triton said: if all we have left is those who are the cause of this, and those who are fighting this, then this community deserves to die. If you are our average great member, then I declare this site dead right now.
Hey

[snip]
Last edited by bicostp on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: "DO IT F****T" meme images are completely inappropriate. Don't post stuff like that; it's been in the rules forever.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

User avatar
yoshilime
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by yoshilime » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Why not just ban us from contests? seems fair?
Sometimes, life isn't fair, but you just have to work around it.

Excellent

Locked