Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

spinout
Portablizer
Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by spinout » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:40 pm

eagle5953: I hate when I have to jump in and save my name, but I have only posted on MR once, and besides, I did not vote for marshall because I wanted to give the others who actually tried, and got a good product, a chance. I did not vote for Lazer or Bacteria as well.

Edit: oops, page break.

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Nice sig, Skyone.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:43 pm

Simply because Marshall's portable was good did not mean that everybody had to vote for it. Saying that he "deserved votes" is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard any respected member say. I could go out build an assembly-line quality fits-in-your-pocket N64p. This does not mean I would win. :facepalm:
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:45 pm

@ShockSlayer: people voted for marshall's "big" (?) SNESp because it was good. While it is true that I'm a friend of marshall, he rightfully deserved votes. I'd like to see you argue that lazer's portable was of that quality. EDIT: also, marshall did not even accept the prizes. Why the hell would we skew it, then?
If you want to argue that its good, go find a brick wall. I won't argue opinions on portables with anyone.

He got votes. So, by your logic, he got what he deserved. Second place.

Well, he denied prizes after the contest was over, and I was told that he knew that this contest was "rigged"

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:47 pm

@Basement_Modder: when did I ever say that everyone should have voted for it? I was defending myself from ShockSlayer's "we have every right to accuse you of a bias just as much as you accuse us." That was the dumbest thing I've ever heard any non-respected member say.

@ShockSlayer: I think second place is quite a fine place, honestly. Bacteria's was worthy of 1st as well. That does not change the fact of a rig on your grounds. Again, what are you arguing?

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Having evidence in your sig is just desperate :wtf:

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Really, Really, REALLY? you guys are like children. you know what, if you DO re-vote I AM voting for lazer. I'm not changing my votes,why should I?There was no controversial "Plan" to make Bacteria win, He said vote for me and I'll give you prizes wasn't real. he is not going to give out prizes, he just wanted votes. its just a hollow promise, its not going to happen. And Yes , Modretro DID vote for Lazer, Its a contest, so if its such a big deal, Lazer knows what he has done, so don't give him a chance to get a prize.

Go give it to marshalH you love him anyway...
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:50 pm

I said way back to the previous year's compo ('08) that if I won any item prizes I would give them away; that was a long time before the BH Mods lost the plot and ModRetro set up. I have disposable money and a good income, others here don't, so I am happy to give my prizes to others to help them out.

Sure, I suggested again that if I won any prizes this year I would give them away, which I kept my word on. BTW - I don't believe anyone voted differently anyway, I never got anyone saying they would or any evidence that it happened anyway. The prizes are going to be utilised to increase their value by 3x - 4x, they aren't being re-issued.

So, if you thought it "bribery" this year, for me offering to give away my prizes (if won) why didn't you last year? Answer is easy, you BH Mods have hated me for ages and this is sour grapes. Any opportunity you find to take against me you do; is it any wonder you aren't respected?

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:52 pm

I could tell you what I think about Bacteria and the rest who contributed to this mess. But it wouldn't be fit to print.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:53 pm

See my point?

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Skyone wrote: @palmertech: explain snowpenguin's post regarding voting for lazer, then. When you ask why we did not take action until now regarding bacteria's bribery: it's because we did not have enough proof, and we were likely to be shut down by you and the ModRetro gang yet again. This is undeniable, so don't both arguing this point. I don't want to ask you any questions, or to "work it out" with you. As you said, you didn't have anything to do with the skewing of votes, because "it was unorganized." I'm waiting to chew out bacteria, "the voice of experience, logic and age."
Snowpenguin is not me, and all I can really say is that his actions are his own, and that it probably would have been a good idea to shut down the whole bit publicly. I did not do that because selfishly wanted it to run its own course, regardless of morality, and that was my fault.
Quit being the long-winded hero of every argument if you have as much involvement that you claim you do.
Ok, perhaps I am being dense here, but I do not get this. :? Involvement in what? ModRetro? BenHeck? The Contest? And why would more involvement=less talking about it? Either way, if you do not want to think of me as the hero, feel free to think of me as the rambling, selfish idiot who does not know when to stop talking; Both are equal parts of truth. :lol:

Excellent

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Yo, what's the problem with voting for Lazer in the first place? Even if it wasn't for the lulz? Even if it is dumb? Imagine there are two presidents, one of them works way harder then the other. People voted for the non-hardworking president, he won. Is there a clear definition of rigging? Or am I just babbling nonsense?

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:56 pm

You could've staged the votes just as much as we could.
I wrote:All of the BH mods that voted voted for marshallh for first place(cept bic, he voted for 2nd), we have every right to accuse you of a bias just as much as you accuse us.
I'm just saying, you could have.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:57 pm

I have no part in this. I voted for the ones that got a reaction out of me. Whether it be a lol, or a wow.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:58 pm

bacteria wrote:Answer is easy, you BH Mods have hated me for ages and this is sour grapes. Any opportunity you find to take against me you do; is it any wonder you aren't respected?
Cry me a river. I don't usually take the chance to brag or to higher my throne like you (i.e. THE VOICE OF REASON AND ELDERLY), but we're respected enough. Furthermore, I can speak for at least most of the moderation in saying that MR's respect (especially yours) means nothing to us. We were conducting a harmless contest that MR managed to make its own: just another counterpoint proving MR's eternal pull to this site.

@palmertech: you're never last to post a lengthy post defending yourself when you're rarely actually being attacked.

@bacteria: I see your point, but it is unreasonable and unwelcome.