Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp
Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by bicostp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:57 pm

http://www.forums.modretro.com/viewtopi ... 164#p15164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Voting in the 2009 contest was intentionally skewed by ModRetro members in order to claim prizes for use in their own contests, or .
bacteria @ Modretro wrote:Make sure my portable wins the BH compo and those prizes will be used here for compos, simple. I have said before that I will do that with any prizes I win in it. We need more votes though - over to you...
On top of that, there's the little matter of the tinfoil portable that was entered for the sole purpouse of claiming more prizes:
Yoshilime @ MR wrote:I don't understand why lazer...his portable is utter crud...why are people voting for him?
Snowpenguin @ MR wrote:To make him win, his prizes go to MR, just vote for him guys.
It was clearly an intentional plan:
PalmerTech @ MR wrote:People are voting for it for teh lulz.

You guys missed the chatroom conversation about this, didn't you? :roll:
http://www.forums.modretro.com/viewtopi ... 186#p15186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Emphasis mine)
basement_modder @ MR wrote:@snow-the original plan was to have Bacteria win and Lazer place second, then use the prizes in the modretro compo set to start around mid fall.
Yes, bacteria's post was on the 8'th and voting started on the first. However, there's an interesting pattern in the votes, even ones predating that post:
ShockSlayer wrote:1. lazer_174300
2. bacteria
3. EVIL NOD (If I have to pick on,e I like the cake SNES :3 )
nightwheel wrote:1. Bacteria
2. lazer_174300
3. schmellyfart

(Whoops, didn't see the bit about not editing you post. Put back my original votes)
iamscuzzo wrote:1. Bacteria
2. lazer_174300
3. schmellyfart
bacteria wrote:1. Bacteria
2. Lazer_174300
3. Spinout

I guess, like last year, each portablizer will vote for their own entry, so I have too! :wink:

Lazer_174300's system made me laugh so much and gave so much of an entertainment factor, that it deserves voting for IMHO! :mrgreen:
DNT 2.5 wrote:1.lazer_174300
2.Bacteria
3.banditpaw1
These are all posts from 9/1/09 and 9/2/09, by the way.

I am very disappointed in you. Not in the fact that you're recycling the prizes; I couldn't care less about that. I'm disappointed in the way you abused our trust and Hailrazer's generosity. Besides, there was a good chance bacteria would have won anyway, because he made a legitimately good portable. Lazer, however... You know as well as I do that you were only voting for it to claim more of the prizes for yourselves, and thus denying other entrants who put real time and effort into their creation of any chances at a reward. You got greedy and used bribery to stuff the ballot.

If bacteria had won without this kind of persuasion and then donated the prizes, that would have been fine. At that point, they would have been his to do with as he pleased. However, by offering them up as a reward beforehand ("Vote for me and you'll get a kickback"), they became bribes. The whole mess with Laser and his chunk of aluminum foil, however, really crossed the line.

I think the very least you can all do is issue a public apology to Hailrazer and all the other contest entrants, for abusing his generosity and unfairly shutting them out of the running (respectively). Yes, I have read the posts he made on Modretro. However, I saw little reconciliation there (only one "sorry Hailrazer" from Palmer), only a bunch of you backpedalling to cover your own butts. :wtf: How are we supposed to trust that you won't pull a stunt like this again next year, or on any other contests or polls we do for that matter?

Personally, if you honestly supported this plan, you've lost all respect from me. :facepalm:

Negative_Creep

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Bicostp, you can check my post if you want, I didn't vote for this portable.
Also, voting for Banditpaws had nothing to do with Modretro or etc. before anyone chucks that on me.

So people who are about to post in this thread, don't lumber me in with this, it had nothing to do with me.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm

SS has stated, this was for the lulz, and the prizes were to go to him, and he would do something good for all of us with them.

We did not say anything about voting for bacteria, he said that, but we never said we would vote for him to get prizes.

The only thing that happened was we said vote for lazer for the lulz. People can vote however they please anyway. They did.

But bac was not part of this 'plan' of ours. You are leaving out parts such as SS's psot about it in that thread. You do not know exactly what you are looking at here.

EDIT: It was not for the prizes. It was not. It was not. You act like you did not even read that thread. Go back and read it, and everyone, before you post, you read it too. Bicostp is leaving out vital parts and just taking the parts that support his side.
Last edited by snowpenguin on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:14 pm

Wait - Bacteria had nothing to do with this. That's crap. Oh well, now our reputation is ruined, because we were just trying pull a lulz with Lazer.

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:19 pm

What exactly am I leaving out? This?
SS @ MR wrote:You people are retarded.

:wtf:

SS
I'm not saying *all* of you blindly voted maliciously. I'm saying the votes were influenced with "vote for me and you'll be rewarded" and "vote for this for the lulz", which would have also meant more prizes go into your pool..

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:20 pm

bicostp wrote:What exactly am I leaving out?
The fact that this was not for the prizes, but just for lulz.

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:24 pm

The "for the lulz" votes to the pLeftovers? Yes those may have been "for the lulz". However this points to the contrary:

http://www.forums.modretro.com/viewtopi ... 177#p15177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: And I think the next post in that thread should be quoted here, out of fairness:
Yoshilime @ MR wrote:No, that is totally stupid, not to mention greedy. You are voting for lazer, just so he can you can the prizes here? no no no. Would you want to be voted on just because your voters actually like your work, or because they just want your prizes. We should be voting for people we think deserve the prizes, and i also don't approve of us just going and voting for bac's instantly. We should vote based on what ever we think looks the coolest, and while yes bac's is awesome, really think before you vote. We should use our minds to think, and not in the sense of thinking how many prizes will be coming here. And if you were voting because of how horrible it looks, shouldn't BP1's be in spot n2? annnnny way, all i am saying is that by just rigging the votess so you guys can get prizes here takes away from the people who actually worked their butts of trying to win. it seems we are very biased. look atmy vote for example. i chose those who looked cool, and i liked bac's, but not as much as some others, so he got spot 3, and i didn't vote for lazer because his portable is just as worse as BP1's.
You still haven't explained bacteria's posting, and I qoute, "Make sure my portable wins the BH compo and those prizes will be used here for compos, simple."

It's not just me who's noticed this.

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Sorry Hailraizer, your a cool guy, i wasn't aware of your prizes. oh and by the way I CAN justify my votes,
Bacteria-Nice clean looking retro console, plus its small, and i like his cases, plus his decals were full of win.

Lazer- come on, its a spoof, it makes fun of all of the problems with portables, not to mention it is full of lolz

Banditpaw1- Come on, he is young, and he used a dreamcast controller, need I say more, this was more of a pity vote.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

neverused

Post by neverused » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Oh this can't end well.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:27 pm

bicostp wrote:The "for the lulz" votes to the pLeftovers? Yes those may have been "for the lulz".

You still haven't explained bacteria's posting, and I qoute, "Make sure my portable wins the BH compo and those prizes will be used here for compos, simple."

I should tell you that whilst I can't answer that, I can tell you that I voted for Bacteria's simply because I felt it deserving (as to my knowledge it is the first TG16p), i'm sure many others of us did too.

neverused

Post by neverused » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:31 pm

DNT 2.5 wrote:Lazer- come on, its a spoof, it makes fun of all of the problems with portables, not to mention it is full of lolz

Banditpaw1- Come on, he is young, and he used a dreamcast controller, need I say more, this was more of a pity vote.
BP1's submission is not a DC controller, it's an NOAC.

Why would anyone vote for a portable just for the fun of it, when there are other participants that tried?
bicostp wrote:The "for the lulz" votes to the pLeftovers? Yes those may have been "for the lulz".

I doubt Bacteria actually got any significant amount of votes with the ploy of prizes. His portable would have gained votes all on its own anyways, though you did acknowlegde this already.

It seems that the decision was made not to reuse the prizes at MR after the fact, but I could be wrong.
Last edited by neverused on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

spinout
Portablizer

Post by spinout » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Benheck just isn't the same anymore, there was hardly ever any drama back around the time I registered. I don't know what happened (Ben's X360P?), as I drifted away from this place for a while, but everything seems quite dramatic nowadays, it seems almost as if it is BH vs MR at times. After reading this thread, I don't like MR at all, as those with power encourage what I see as fraud.

Props to those on MR who were against the Lazer B.S (Yoshilime, XCVG, AfroLH and themadhacker to name a few).

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:35 pm

neverused wrote:
DNT 2.5 wrote:Lazer- come on, its a spoof, it makes fun of all of the problems with portables, not to mention it is full of lolz

BP1's submission is not a DC controller, it's an NOAC.

Why would anyone vote for a portable just for the fun of it, when there are other participants that tried?

"]

I doubt Bacteria actually got any significant amount of votes with the ploy of prizes. His portable would have gained votes all on its own anyways, though you did acknowlegde this already.

It seems that the decision was made not to reuse the prizes at MR after the fact, but I could be wrong.
look at the case buddy
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:36 pm

I never said bacteria didn't deserve to win. In fact, he had a very good chance of winning anyway. But when he asked for votes while offering a kickback, I call that bribery.
bacteria @ MR wrote:I prefer people to vote for my system because they like it; however it was worth mentioning that I will donate my prizes, if I win any, to this forum; so if you wanted to help good ol' Bac and also have some prizes for offer for here (what this thread was about?) you can too! ;)
Props to those on MR who were against the Lazer B.S (Yoshilime, XCVG, AfroLH and themadhacker to name a few).
Indeed.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:42 pm

Ok

I know I should have not done it. It was against my better judgement. And deep down, I know it was not the right thing to do. Now I regret it it and I'm sorry

You can ban me staff of benheck if you wish. And I would deserve the ban. Do what ever punishment you deem is right and just. And I will take that punishment with no retaliation.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P