Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

AfroLH
Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by AfroLH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:53 pm

Can you clearfy?

First and Second as in:

1. Bacteria
2. Lazer

?

Oh and, Lol.... Deep Throat.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:05 pm

The plan never, ever, ever, included bacteria. EVER. He won fair and square because he made a good portable. My vote for him was because it was a good portable.

Preventing anyone else from winning? What about third place?

Wiat, so because lots of people chose bac first and lazer second, there was some scheme? I must be miossing something here. :roll:

The truth has been there since the beginning, you just will noty accept it because it would mean we didn't do some horrible crime to you.

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm

bicostp wrote:Okay, an anonymous Deep Throat gave us some more insight on what really happened.

According to the sources, the "plan" was to vote bacteria into first (because he was donating his prizes), and to have a patsy to submit an effortless portable, they would "make it win" second on the condition that they also donate their take to the Modretro contest prize pool. (In this case it was lazer and his Leftovers-p.) The end result would be preventing anyone else from winning, and adding most of the prizes from the contest to their own contest pool. One prominent Modretro staffer (we both know who you are) told people to spread the word on this plan, since they "couldn't" do it themselves because of their status.

The substantial number of votes where they are first and second backs this hypothesis up.

Now, will the truth come out?
I'd just like to say, as a participant and competitor in the competition who recieved no votes, that the people of modretro are a genuine disgrace. To throw a friendly competition between hobyists to promote a website that's nothing more than a carbon copy of benheck, the forums where they learned most of their modding skills, met each other, and gained accaptence among the modding community. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. This is flat out LOW.
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Gump-in-space wrote: that the people of modretro are a genuine disgrace. To throw a friendly competition between hobyists to promote a website that's nothing more than a carbon copy of benheck, the forums where they learned most of their modding skills, met each other, and gained accaptence among the modding community. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. This is flat out LOW.
Seriously?
I did nothing to be a disgrace.
Do not generalize like that.
It is extremely offensive.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Look, I would really love to post the entire transcript 'Deep Throat' gave us. It would explain EVERYTHING. However, they don't want it publicly displayed because they're afraid they will be severely reprimanded on ModRetro for singing, and I intend to honor that request.

However, I can say that in the transcript, a prominent Modretro staffer was very explicit about rigging the contest by telling people to vote for an intentionally poor portable to obtain prizes for their own contest.

And I would like to say I've been trying my best to not make any "everyone in modretro sabotaged" allegations, and I'm sorry if I did. All I have posted so far were hypotheses based on the avalible evidence. (Publicly posted hints at a plan, numerous loaded votes, etc.) I know there were many of you over there who were opposed to this plan, and for that you deserve a pat on the back. Thank you for taking the moral high road and participating in the contest as it was meant to be: a freindly, fair competition.
AfroLH wrote:First and Second as in:
1. Bacteria
2. Lazer
1. bacteria
2. laser

or

1. laser
2. bacteria

Voting for Bacteria I can understand. His portable TurboGrafx was good. Voting for laser's NES wrapped in aluminum foil? Maybe if it got 1 or 2 third-place votes "for the lulz" it wouldn't have raised suspicion. However, there were numerous votes in which it was first or second, which not only is very strange but also jives with the "plan" theory.
HotDog-Cart wrote:I'm not going to even get into this. Just because someone is part of modretro does NOT mean they were part of the plan. I had nothing to do with the plan. I voted for what I deemed fair. People are entitled to opinions, and thats that.
So there was a plan in place?
FYI: Deepthroat is the codename of a character from Metal Gear Solid.
Also the guy who ratted Nixon out in Watergate.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm not going to even get into this. Just because someone is part of modretro does NOT mean they were part of the plan. I had nothing to do with the plan. I voted for what I deemed fair. People are entitled to opinions, and thats that.

With that said, don't expect me to "contribute" to this thread.

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:31 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:FYI: Deepthroat is the codename of a character from Metal Gear Solid.
It's also...
Oh Nevermind... :P
So there was a plan in place?
Yes. There was.
There were 2 iterations of it actually.

1. Vote for Lazer's for the lulz. They put the Benheck logo on it to "Represent" Benheck and make Benheck look like a crap site.
2. Some people wanted prizes/thought that is why they were voting.

I can say from first-hand experience that I was told to vote for lazer's to make it win.

collinE

Post by collinE » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:10 pm

bicostp wrote:
Also the guy who ratted Nixon out in Watergate.
Also the cigarette smoking guy from X-Files.

So I guess that makes some people look pretty foolish for denying any knowledge about it. Not everyone who denied, mind you, but some.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:22 pm

This is just going in circles.

BH attacks, MR defends.
MR attacks, BH defends.

What are you gonna do? See who can scream louder?

DO SOMETHING, otherwise, this thread is pointless and full of fail.

I'm done with my part of the issue, I've made sure that hailrazer and I are on good terms. I'm happy with that. And he speaks the truth, the best people won! However, marshallh gave up his spot, causing this. If that had never happened, this thread would never have existed. EVER.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:50 pm

what the hell, guys?

You have got to be kidding me. Another MR vs. BH fight? come on! All these are accomplishing are the splitting of the forums. I have read posts by BH members lately making fun of MR members. Then I have seen MR members calling BH members all noobs and calling Ben a loser and a sellout.

I don't hate MR users. I don't think BH is full of noobs, and I don't think Ben is a sellout OR a loser.
I try to be an active member on both sites.

But every single fight and screw up like this causes more fighting and more side taking.

Can't we all just stop the bullsh1t and fights?
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:52 pm

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:38 pm

AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:45 pm

- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

khaag

Post by khaag » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:55 pm

This forum has turned into nothing but a bunch of whiney little ladyboys arguing over whose EP is bigger. I want the old forum back.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

collinE

Post by collinE » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:37 pm

I think patience is the key. Eventually the arguments will become tiresome, not just for those who happen to come across the argument, but for those actually involved.

Just make sure the beef stays in the beef threads and modding stays in the modding threads and there really shouldn't be a problem. I kinda tire of the same stuff, too, but just don't take it personal.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous