Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

J.D
Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by J.D » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:43 pm

spinout wrote:Instead of banning, a title of "untrustable" or something of the sort would serve them better. As for all the people posting the same images over and over again, this is benheck, not 4chan.
Do not vote because it is funny, that would be considered untrustable

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:44 pm

J.D wrote:
spinout wrote:Instead of banning, a title of "untrustable" or something of the sort would serve them better. As for all the people posting the same images over and over again, this is benheck, not 4chan.
Do not vote because it is funny, that would be considered untrustable
+9001

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:52 pm

There's a definite line between voting for "the lulz", and to have him win. If you had him as your second or third choice, that may be fine, but so many people having him as their first choice? I can't believe that all of you were voting for him in first place "for the lulz", and not because he offered to give his prizes to those who voted for him. (as I remember reading at modretro)
\

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 pm

The "ban them all" option does have a plus of putting the damper on future dramas and shenanigans.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:02 pm

It has already been stated by vskid, there is no evidence to ban us upon.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:13 pm

Posing as lazer is admitting to having multiple accounts, which is against the rules and a bannable offense. We can't tell who is telling the truth, so if we wanted...well, you get the picture.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 pm

This is not a government. We don't even need a reason to ban someone. However, you all earned yourself a pretty good reason. :)

yoshilime

Post by yoshilime » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:22 pm

You can't ban them. They apologized. And, just banning them so "WE CANZ STOP the DRAMAS" is stupid, and might i add, perhaps a abuse of power? If you ban them, ban me.
Sometimes, life isn't fair, but you just have to work around it.

Excellent

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:44 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Right let's just ban everyone who went along with it. That will redo the voting. :roll:

The root of the matter is, how are we supposed to trust something like this won't happen again the next time we hold a contest?

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:58 am

There is one very good reason you will not ban everyone in this thread. A very good reason. They represent almost all the active members on this site, without them, this site would virtually die overnight. In other words, if you banned the dozen or so in this thread, you would be serving suicide on the BH site - after all, if they/we are banned here, guess what site they would stay with? You can't ban select members and not all for a similar event or participation; all or none. :mrgreen:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:05 am

bacteria wrote:There is one very good reason you will not ban everyone in this thread. A very good reason. They represent almost all the active members on this site, without them, this site would virtually die overnight. In other words, if you banned the dozen or so in this thread, you would be serving suicide on the BH site - after all, if they/we are banned here, guess what site they would stay with? You can't ban select members and not all for a similar event or participation; all or none. :mrgreen:
well if this is the quality of member that we are stuck dealing with the site might as well be dead. this whole situation is a farce and all those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:57 am

@bacteria: what are you talking about? That is a horrible reason. The true members of this site would not be banned. Anyone who would feel strongly enough to leave because we banned a few members should leave. Then, the site would be back to normal. As Triton said: if all we have left is those who are the cause of this, and those who are fighting this, then this community deserves to die. If you are our average great member, then I declare this site dead right now.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:11 am

Skyone wrote:This is not a government. We don't even need a reason to ban someone. However, you all earned yourself a pretty good reason. :)
Us all? You don't honestly think that a big majority of us were "in it" for prizes, do you? Look, I hate this site as much as you know me to, but I didn't even know there were prizes to be shared if one of them actually won. I only voted for Bac because I thought his portable was good. I didn't see him telling us to vote for him until later. As for Lazer, I just thought "what the hell, why not". I don't give a damn about the prizes.

J.D

Post by J.D » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:41 am

After reading this thread again, I'm laughing my ass off because of how this forum overreacted so badly, lol.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 am

jleemero wrote:Hello pointless internet Drama.

People made a funny, and others got the sads over it?
Every single day since 1998 people have made funnies but other got the sads over dem?
Yes.