Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

J.D
Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by J.D » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Lol, am I the only Modretro member who agrees with everyone getting banned?

@Gump_in_space (or whatever your name is); 3 of your senior members joined when they were 11 or 12.

@Kurt_; Bacteria did not make Modretro, Palmer did. We have told you this repeatedly, yet you continue to be a dumb ass.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 pm

If you ask me, this is a huge copulate. Let's do the sequence of events:

1) Bacteria attempts to rig contest and buy votes, maybe not seriously, but he tries.
2) Maybe some people listen, maybe they just liked his portable, maybe they would have voted for him anyway, maybe not. But either way, people vote for Bacteria.
3) People also vote for Lazer, either for "the lulz" or maybe because he promised prizes to MR (a rumour).
-Who is Lazer and did he make the portable? Some say Lazer is Palmer's IRL friend, definitely possible and even likely. Did he make the portable? Several have laid claim to it.
4) Because of suspicion aroused by Bacteria in an unnecessary bid to win votes and suspicion about Lazer's portable, the outcome is questioned. MR-BH tensions also play a role here.
5) This thread appears, everyone is pissed, and we have our copulate.

Did I get anything wrong? AFAIK this is what happened.

The best solution is for everyone to apologize and we can move on. A re-vote may also be a good idea if it is not too late. Also, if you ban those people you will only hurt yourself. But hey, maybe MR will get some more members out of it.

Let this be a lesson to future attempts, be it that rigging a contest is bad, or that a post like this will get you flamed.

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:26 pm

On the modretro chatroom, SS has said that he will do "everything in his power" to stop a "war" between the two forums.
That's as close as you're going to get to an apology.
\

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:28 pm

kylechu wrote:I really don't think that's why he's angry. He's angry because you're trying to invalidate the contest itself, the hard work people have done on their portables, and the generous prizes hailraizer has given away.

And you're probably going to do it again next year.
That's correct, I was only mentioning my lack of votes as a contrast with the fact that a non-functioning fake wraped in tinfoil beat out a fair group of legitimate portables because of dishonest actions- would it have even mattered if my portable was closer to the quality of some of the others? I don't think it would have.

Maybe a full-scale banning is too harsh- but it might be a good idea to restrict those responsible for this mess from furth BH contests.
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

J.D

Post by J.D » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Anything surrounding Bacteria is probably BS.

Oh, and if people have said Lazer is Palmer's IRL friend, including Palmer himself, what is stopping you from believing them? :P

And kylechu, all SS is doing is shutting people up about the topic. Not my definition of a "strategy".

And how many times do I have to say this? Apologies mean nothing on the internet.
Last edited by J.D on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:35 pm

kylechu wrote:On the modretro chatroom, SS has said that he will do "everything in his power" to stop a "war" between the two forums.
That's as close as you're going to get to an apology.

SS has already apologized. :wtf:

The team at MR has apparently agreed with the team here to a plan that states there will be no more talk of this or bannination. That is what I have been told.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:52 pm

XCVG wrote:Did I get anything wrong? AFAIK this is what happened.
No, there was a plan from the beginning to rig the votes. It's spelled out pretty clear in the chat transcript I quoted a page back.
yoshilime wrote:Why not just ban us from contests? seems fair?
Banning everyone with a Modretro account would be foolish. For one thing, I saw that you and several others were strongly against the plan when you found out about it, and it wouldn't be fair to you. Also, like it or not we share 99% of the same regular user base so we'd all just wind up banning each other. :lol: That's exactly the opposite of the unity we all want.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:11 pm

bicostp wrote:
XCVG wrote:Did I get anything wrong? AFAIK this is what happened.
No, there was a plan from the beginning to rig the votes. It's spelled out pretty clear in the chat transcript I quoted a page back.
no. not really. only nightwheel and palmer where in on it at that point. the majority of MR members didnt even know of the "plan". and many that did didnt act on it. the few that did, have apologized, and confessed. stop screwing this dead horse. at this point its rotting and infested with maggots. :wtf:

NOW SOMEONE LOCK THIS THREAD BEFORE TENSIONS RISE ANYMORE!
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

J.D

Post by J.D » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:35 pm

It was me, Zero, Palmer, Nightwheel, and Robm who were in the original chat

Since that was the Summer, I was pretty much on 24/7.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:45 pm

J.D wrote:Apologies mean nothing on the internet.
An apology ALWAYS means something if the one giving it is sincere.

A person can lie just as easily to your face as on the internet.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:08 pm

bicostp wrote: And none of you have addressed my question:

How are we supposed to trust you again next time we run a contest?
(Now it's nice and big and hard to ignore. : P)
Yo dawg, I addressed it. :lol: I asked what you thought would be a good plan, I am just waiting on you. Obviously, me myself coming up with any sort of plan would be suspect to you, eh? ;) I know one of your mods has posted a chat he had with me trying to get this to a peaceful resolution where everybody wins, any progress on that?

Look, I did stupid crap, we all did, and I am really sorry. Those involved have apologized, and the rest are fine anyways. Punish me if you will, I probably deserve whatever punishment you put on me. I cannot get out of the fact that I made bad choices, and those choices, because of my position, were magnified a lot more than they would have been. Not much more I can do at this point without some sort of resolution to work with.

Excellent

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Everyone makes decisions that they regret, and I don't think they should be judged by them on the internet. In real life, sure. If someone steals from someone and regrets it, they should still get a penalty, but this is the internet. As long as palmer and others involved admit that their decision may have been a bad one, I think we should drop it. One of the big problems is that we're afraid you'll do this again, but if they realize that it was a bad course of action, I doubt they'll do it again.
\

J.D

Post by J.D » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:17 pm

Basically, this (whole situation) was Palmer crapping in his pool of crap. Shall we move on with our lives now?

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 pm

I think this has been drawn out enough. The staff here are discussing what needs to be done and we've been in touch with the ModRetro staff to talk about the future. When we have something to tell you guys, we'll let you know.

Closerized.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops