Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953
Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by eagle5953 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:27 pm

snowpenguin wrote:Wait, so if we are at MR, and we don't vote for marshallh, we've done some horrible sin that must be fixed? :roll:
I didn't say that either. Some of you wouldn't have voted for him anyway because you don't like him - I can understand that.

However, we have quoted the parts where "the plan" was discussed. I was merely showing the results and how they correlated with it.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:28 pm

The "unintended" implication was quite received.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:29 pm

Some of you wouldn't have voted for him anyway because you don't like him
:?:

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:30 pm

bacteria wrote:
BenHeck wrote:I have a saying "All good things eventually turn evil" and that may be true for this site.

Shall I sig that, Skyone?
Yeah, go for it. He was referring to your corruption, anyway. However, I doubt your signature has any room for it.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Bacteria, I respect you and your accomplishments, however you tend to put on airs a lot and that can be offputting.

Regarding this whole mess, it's the wording of your post that gets me:
Make sure my portable wins the BH compo and those prizes will be used here for compos, simple.
The way that's worded makes it sound like you're saying "Vote for me and you get rewarded", whether you meant that or not. If you had written something like this:
If I win I'll make sure the prizes get put to good use. ;)
... there wouldn't be a problem. Instead, "vote for me" came up first, and several people followed up with what were essentially vote for you and lazer which put everyone else who entered at a disadvantage. Gotta be sneakier! :lol:

Besides, at this point it's all but confirmed that there was some plan to pad the voting. Now there's a lot of backpedalling going on, and it seems as though there are some people trying to make this disappear. Doing exactly what you criticized us of doing: sweeping problems under the rug instead of confronting them. That's what Nixon tried to do in Watergate.

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Yeah, go for it. He was referring to your corruption, anyway.
:facepalm:
Now if you look at... Oh wait, the thread on modretro was deleted. Very mature, whoever did that.
Very mature, deleting posts on Josh's thread because Gaimaster can't get his facts strait.
Last edited by J.D on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:32 pm

bicostp wrote:Besides, at this point it's all but confirmed that there was some plan to pad the voting. Now there's a lot of backpedalling going on, and it seems as though there are some people trying to make this disappear. Doing exactly what you criticized us of doing: sweeping problems under the rug instead of confronting them. That's what Nixon tried to do in Watergate.
Quoted for truth.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:33 pm

Thread didn't get deleted.

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.ph ... 03&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:roll:
Skyone wrote:
bicostp wrote:Besides, at this point it's all but confirmed that there was some plan to pad the voting. Now there's a lot of backpedalling going on, and it seems as though there are some people trying to make this disappear. Doing exactly what you criticized us of doing: sweeping problems under the rug instead of confronting them. That's what Nixon tried to do in Watergate.
Quoted for truth.
Quoted for Triton. :o

SS

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:34 pm

bicostp wrote:Bacteria, I respect you and your accomplishments, however you tend to put on airs a lot and that can be offputting.

Regarding this whole mess, it's the wording of your post that gets me:
Make sure my portable wins the BH compo and those prizes will be used here for compos, simple.
The way that's worded makes it sound like you're saying "Vote for me and you get rewarded", whether you meant that or not. If you had written something like this:
If I win I'll make sure the prizes get put to good use. ;)
... there wouldn't be a problem. Instead, "vote for me" came up first, and several people followed up with what were essentially vote for you and lazer which put everyone else who entered at a disadvantage. Gotta be sneakier! :lol:

Besides, at this point it's all but confirmed that there was some plan to pad the voting. Now there's a lot of backpedalling going on, and it seems as though there are some people trying to make this disappear. Doing exactly what you criticized us of doing: sweeping problems under the rug instead of confronting them. That's what Nixon tried to do in Watergate.
I have already stated this. Bacteria's post had nothng to do with anyone else, there was no "plan" to vote for him, no one ever discussed it, that post is his responsibility and does not pertsin to anyone else.

EDIT: So now there's a problem with having a sig that points to a modding website and has a few other small pics? Wow, I'll have to remember that one.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:36 pm

snowpenguin wrote:I have already stated this. Bacteria's post had nothng to do with anyone else, there was no "plan" to vote for him, no one ever discussed it, that post is his responsibility and does not pertsin to anyone else.
Coming from the guy who edged everyone to vote for lazer to get prizes.
EDIT: So now there's a problem with having a sig that points to a modding website and has a few other small pics? Wow, I'll have to remember that one.
Never said that, little detective.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:38 pm

lazer asked us to vote for him. And bribed with the final prize.

How can you accuse SP when you've been ignoring lazer?
anyway vote for me because this was my first portable i know it does not look that good but i had to build it fast and if i win i will give my prizes away to other peple who need them more than me because it was fun but i am not going to make another portable for a long time. so if i win any prizes at all i will have a drawing or something for the peole who voted for me lol is that against the rules :wink: :wink: :wink: i never saw it so ya, votin for me helps you and all might as well, maybve as 3rd choice or whatever lol.well thanks for reading :shock:

oh and never gonna give you up never gonna let you down THE GAME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hah you just lost twice :!: :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SS

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Yes, the thread wasn't deleted. I clicked the wrong link or something. Well both forums look exactly the same, so it's hard to tell which is which when your'e halfway down the page! :lol:

However, what's up with comments like this:

:wtf:

This is exactly the kind of "I think I'm better than you" attitude that made some people rather dislike you. :|

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Lazer didn't even do anything wrong :o

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Skyone wrote:
snowpenguin wrote:I have already stated this. Bacteria's post had nothng to do with anyone else, there was no "plan" to vote for him, no one ever discussed it, that post is his responsibility and does not pertsin to anyone else.
Coming from the guy who edged everyone to vote for lazer to get prizes.
Never said that, little detective.
WOW. I already apologized for that post and admitted I was icorrect on the intentions. Do you even read?!? Oh my god. READ. DON'T IGNORE.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Basement_Modder on Modretro wrote:@snow-the original plan was to have Bacteria win and Lazer place second, then use the prizes in the modretro compo set to start around mid fall.
There certainly was a "plan" - that was his exact phrase.