Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
User avatar
bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 3984
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by bacteria » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:21 am

Actually, dragonhead is genuinely the spark that caused the problems on this site in the first place. He came up with the anti-me crap in the first place and promoted it. I know this to be true from various sources. So if you think about it, he is responsible for all the drama and all that ensued! All behind me, I add; dead and buried; just saying for the record - he ain't a saint.

Lazer's entry is like a film - a bad one is bad and you stop watching it after a couple of minutes, but a really cheesy bad film can be so compelling you watch it and enjoy it to the end even though you don't know why you are watching it! Lazer's entry made me literally have tears of laughter, and I came back to the post a few times as a result, like the cheesy bad film. For that entertainment value, I voted for it. Big deal, my vote, my choice. So what if it took minutes to make, I also buy games and watch films that make me lol so what's the difference?? We all need a good laugh in this world to get us through life!

Yoshilime's quote is similar in concept to what I said: in life anyone apart from a pacifist standing for election asks for them.

There were two main reasons in 2008 I said I would give my prizes away if I won, and neither of them were for the reason of winning; one was I didn't need the prizes (reasons already given) the second reason was I was being a dick back then as I was being too competitive; I have said that before. By giving away any prizes I might win, I was therefore removing the competitiveness as apart from the "brag factor" there was nothing else I could gain - resolved issue. Interesting no-one picked up this last year, only this year; perhaps because last year my skills were poor in comparison to now, so didn't stand much of a chance, I don't know - point is, I said 2008 that I would give away prizes, which I said again 2009 - nothing new!

bic, you have a tendency of taking things out of context and QFT. On this forum, the Mods' views are relevant and respected, on ModRetro the ModRetro Mods' views are relevant and respected; the point, which you took out of context, was that your views as a Mod on BH are not important on MR any more than views of Mods on MR are important here; therefore taking quotes from MR and using here have no clout. In other words, you say "jump" here, fine, but you say "jump" on MR and we go "meh". You are a general member there, like we are here. You took the comment out of context, perhaps you see that now?

vskid - indeed, there would be no legitimate reason for any bans, and no proof. I stated the reason I voted for Laser above (and in the original vote post BTW), so get over it. Let's see - I voted for myself because I could (ok), voted for Lazer as tears rolled down my face in laughter (ok), and other vote for spinout. I didn't vote for marshallh's because although it was very good, I thought it was lazy compared to the awesomeness he could do - if he did a system that hadn't been a SNES (especially a clone/small board as stock one)/NES NOAC/N64 and been a pretty undone system, reduced the board, make it small, etc, I would have voted me 1st, him 2nd, Lazer 3rd; as I am sure many others would have.

Triton - "Contrary to what some in power here think, I just want harmony." Reading that post again, there are two ways to read it - one is the way it was intended, and the other the way you read it. :facepalm:
Image

User avatar
Sun-Wukong
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by Sun-Wukong » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:24 am

bacteria wrote:Triton - "Contrary to what some in power here think, I just want harmony." Reading that post again, there are two ways to read it - one is the way it was intended, and the other the way you read it. :facepalm:
I don't get it. Am I missing something?
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

User avatar
collinE
Posts: 891
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by collinE » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:48 am

bacteria wrote:I was being a dick
O. M. G. :shock:

guys, guys. I finally found it!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:52 am

I don't understand why we need to justify our not voting for marshallh. Really.
Image

User avatar
dragonhead
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: NH, USA
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by dragonhead » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:10 pm

bacteria wrote:Actually, dragonhead is genuinely the spark that caused the problems on this site in the first place. He came up with the anti-me crap in the first place and promoted it. I know this to be true from various sources. So if you think about it, he is responsible for all the drama and all that ensued! All behind me, I add; dead and buried; just saying for the record - he ain't a saint.
Image

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm

dragonhead wrote:
bacteria wrote:Actually, dragonhead is genuinely the spark that caused the problems on this site in the first place. He came up with the anti-me crap in the first place and promoted it. I know this to be true from various sources. So if you think about it, he is responsible for all the drama and all that ensued! All behind me, I add; dead and buried; just saying for the record - he ain't a saint.
Image
:facepalm:
Image

User avatar
J.D
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Astoria, OR, US

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by J.D » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm

The thing about Dragonhead didn't need to be brought up :facepalm:

User avatar
dragonhead
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: NH, USA
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by dragonhead » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:05 pm

i made the cryptic icon as a peaceful protest to Bacteria's attitude. i told nobody about it. people started figuring it out, and came to me asking if they could put it in their sig too. i told them i couldnt stop them. nothing more. no personal vendetta, no hatecrime. just a peaceful, nonviolent protest. bacteria decided to blow things way out of proportion instead of just politely asking for it to be removed. not to mention wrongfully attacking triton about the issue. good lesson to get your facts straight before making blind accusations.

User avatar
J.D
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Astoria, OR, US

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by J.D » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm

The reason Triton got so much attention was because he was a mod who had the banner in his sig. Anyway, let's not get into that.

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:35 pm

LOTWRDB has been beaten to death. It was a horrible thing to do, and Triton should never have gotten into it.

But it seems to come up, one way or another, in every single argument here. I think it's old news, we all know you didn't deserve that bacteria, etc. etc., it does not need to be brought into this.

After all, this as nothing to do with LOTWRDB.
Last edited by snowpenguin on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Triton
Moderator
Posts: 7396
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:33 pm
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by Triton » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 pm

LOTWRDB has been beaten to death. It was a horrible thing to do, and Triton should never have gotten into it.

But it seems to come up, one way or another, in every single argument here. I think it's old news, we all know you didn't deserve that bacteria, etc. etc., it does not need to be brought into this.

After all, this as nothng to do with LOTWRDB.
bold part QFT, the rest is arguable, I washed my hands of that situation a long time ago.

User avatar
dragonhead
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:28 pm
Location: NH, USA
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by dragonhead » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:50 pm

Triton wrote:
After all, this as nothng to do with LOTWRDB.
bold part QFT, the rest is arguable,
agreed. but bacteria started beating the dead horse again so i had to comment.

User avatar
AfroLH
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: Down da Baya
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by AfroLH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Ok first off:
STOP GENERALIZING!
When you say MR/Modretro/The Members at Modretro and start attacking them, I TAKE THAT OFFENSIVELY.

I clearly stated I thought that Lazer's Portable was crap and should not receive a single vote.
So when you stick me under a blanket-statement and the attack me... Well lets just say that is a load of BS.

Second off:
I am very disappointed in most of you...
Why must you always fight?
Just stop!
You always have to let your egos get the best of you. Just let it go.
Don't try and justify something that you did that was clearly wrong.
If you were wrong, you were wrong.

Third:
Thanks for the props at the beginning. :P

Fourth:
Whoever brought up LOTWRDB...
Drop it.
There is nobody that has the whatever in their sig anymore.

Fifth:
I am tired of all the fighting.
I truly hate it.
I know I have contributed my fair share to some of them, and I am wrong for that.
But I am saddened by all the fighting. :cry:

User avatar
Steamdnt
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 pm
PSN Username: xboxlive_adm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by Steamdnt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:33 pm

LOTHRDTLOTWRDB?
League of those who rather dislike the league of those who rather dislike bacteria!
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

User avatar
bicostp
Moderator
Posts: 10491
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Steam ID: bicostp
Location: Spamalot
Contact:

Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by bicostp » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Okay, an anonymous Deep Throat gave us some more insight on what really happened.

According to the sources, the "plan" was to vote bacteria into first (because he was donating his prizes), and to have a patsy to submit an effortless portable, they would "make it win" second on the condition that they also donate their take to the Modretro contest prize pool. (In this case it was lazer and his Leftovers-p.) The end result would be preventing anyone else from winning, and adding most of the prizes from the contest to their own contest pool. One prominent Modretro staffer (we both know who you are) told people to spread the word on this plan, since they "couldn't" do it themselves because of their status.

The substantial number of votes where they are first and second backs this hypothesis up.

Now, will the truth come out?

Locked