Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: Portable-Palooza 2009 - Voting Was Influenced

Post by bacteria » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:01 pm

ModRetro are not accountable to BH and BH are not accountable to ModRetro. Independent sites. BH Mods are hardly in a position of virtue and impartiality and member friendliness anyway to preach to others. Even this topic proves the fact.

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Uhh...nevermind
Last edited by J.D on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:03 pm

bacteria wrote:BH Mods are hardly in a position of virtue and impartiality and member friendliness anyway to preach to others.
Explain MGC meet-ups, then. I've personally made countless friends on this site. Mods and non-mods.

@J.D: what are you talking about?

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Why doesn't everyone SHUT THE HELL UP and make a portable. I want each of you to write an explanation of what you expect of this arguments outcome to be.
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:07 pm

:facepalm:
DNT 2.5 wrote:Why doesn't everyone SHUT THE HELL UP and make a portable. I want each of you to write an explanation of what you expect of this arguments outcome to be.
Pointless?
Last edited by Negative_Creep on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:07 pm

We were conducting a harmless contest that MR managed to make its own: just another counterpoint proving MR's eternal pull to this site.
Yeah, we're planning on controlling your forum :roll:

DNT: :red:

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:08 pm

J.D wrote:Yeah, we're planning on controlling your forum :roll:
:lol: Learn how to interpret, then come back to argue.

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:12 pm

Ugh, I suck at Phoenix Wright games. It must reflect here too, I guess.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Indeed, DNT; there is no point to this debate.

I gave my prizes away, my choice. I wanted people to vote for me, every politician and anyone being voted for anything does, so big whoop.

People chose to vote as they wanted to anyway, so nothing to be worried about.

If I wanted to win whatever, I would have set up masses of accounts over the last months and used them, I have only one account and would not do another, so again, not relevant.

Take those points on board and you realise there is no debate or argument here at all; just the BH Mods being bitter.

BTW Skyone - seeing as you like sigs so much - here's one for you from: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 13#p380713" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BenHeck wrote:I have a saying "All good things eventually turn evil" and that may be true for this site.

Shall I sig that, Skyone?

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:16 pm

Skyone wrote: @palmertech: you're never last to post a lengthy post defending yourself when you're rarely actually being attacked.
Ah, gotcha. I figured I had the right this time, you know, considering I was named twice specifically in the first post, and the fact I own modretro. :roll: I can understand times where you would make this argument, but it works best when it, you know, applies. :roll: Besides, I did not even get here till page 3. :lol: But seriously, how about ragging on me when I actually deserve it? You don't want to work anything out, but the idea of criticism is to get the person to change, and now is not the time for that argument. Kinda like if I decided that instead of writing this post, I just raged at you about how lame you are at locking threads. :P (Not that I actually think you are a bad locker, just picking the first generic offense I know people bring against you).

Also, I did not even notice this till I was looking through the submission thread again, but this was no cover up at all! Check this out, Lazer clearly said in his News forum post AND the submission thread what his intentions are, and I know for a fact that at least some mods had read it (They posted, at least).

Here is a direct quote of the bottom part of the post:
anyway vote for me because this was my first portable i know it does not look that good but i had to build it fast and if i win i will give my prizes away to other peple who need them more than me because it was fun but i am not going to make another portable for a long time. so if i win any prizes at all i will have a drawing or something for the peole who voted for me lol is that against the rules :wink: :wink: :wink: i never saw it so ya, votin for me helps you and all might as well, maybve as 3rd choice or whatever lol.well thanks for reading :shock:

oh and never gonna give you up never gonna let you down THE GAME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hah you just lost twice :!: :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Basically, he said right off the bat that he was encouraging people to vote for him. If that is the case, why does the blame fall on ModRetro? And more importantly, if people had an issue with this, why was he not shut down from the start?

Excellent

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:18 pm

@Everyone in this whole thread-

No one in MR besides bacteria said anything about voting for him to get prizes. I hate to throw him under the bus here, but I have no idea what he was talking about. He said he needed more votes to win, c'mon vote for him, well, he was the only one who said that.

EDIT: Bac, you keep bringing up the opinion that the mods despise you and they are taking that out on you all the time. It's getting old, seriously. They have a right to feel slighted here, they're not just getting angry at you based on some imaginary long lost hatred. Hate to go aainst you here, but, well, I have to.

I voted for his because I thought it was awesome, and very unique considering the system done.

As for my posts, I made some very stupid ones, and some uninformed ones, and I apologize. When I said that we should vote for him because his prizes went to MR, I was wrong about why people were voting for him. It was to make a funny. I apologize for anything I said that was wrong, now I understand that those were not the intentions at all. I was wrong.

This whole thing was a joke that got so out of hand it turned into a forum battle.

And I would have voted for lazer myself even if it had nothing to do with lulz and MR, because that portable was made in fifteen minutes. I'd like to see you make a better one in fifteen minutes, every one of you who bashed it and oting for it.

We can vote for whoever we want. I voted for bac because I like his portable. I voted for lazer because his was just awesome. I voted for marshallh because I liked his portable.

Do a re-vote if you will; I will still vote for the same people as before.
Last edited by snowpenguin on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:21 pm

@ Palmer: yes, I understand and can accept that not everyone was in on the plan to sweep the compo - however, the difference of a few votes is all it takes.

@ SS: I didn't accuse anyone - the only thing I did was post the list of those who didn't vote for Marshall and point out that most were MR members. I did not say, or even imply, that all or even most were trying to screw Marshall out of the top 3.

@ Spinout: I wasn't trying to besmirch your name. I simply made a list of those who didn't vote for Marshall. That's it. Thanks for your input, though.

This is not just "sour grapes" - I say again, if the roles were reversed, the same argument would be going down.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:23 pm

eagle5953 wrote:@ Palmer: yes, I understand and can accept that not everyone was in on the plan to sweep the compo - however, the difference of a few votes is all it takes.

@ SS: I didn't accuse anyone - the only thing I did was post the list of those who didn't vote for Marshall and point out that most were MR members. I did not say, or even imply, that all or even most were trying to screw Marshall out of the top 3.

@ Spinout: I wasn't trying to besmirch your name. I simply made a list of those who didn't vote for Marshall. That's it. Thanks for your input, though.

This is not just "sour grapes" - I say again, if the roles were reversed, the same argument would be going down.
Wait, so if we are at MR, and we don't vote for marshallh, we've done some horrible sin that must be fixed? :roll:

EDIT:
Skyone wrote:@ShockSlayer: I think second place is quite a fine place, honestly. Bacteria's was worthy of 1st as well. That does not change the fact of a rig on your grounds. Again, what are you arguing?
Woah, it's a fact now? You guys found any new evidence? Proven it?

Naw, you haven't. It's not a fact, just an opinion of your assumptive mind.
Last edited by snowpenguin on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:26 pm

No, but if they had done even the slightest thing to rig our contest, we would have cried foul.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Excellent

J.D

Post by J.D » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:27 pm

He was just using Marshallh as an example...or was he?