Like Movies? Check out A Fistful of Reviews! (dot com)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benheck
Site Admin
Like Movies? Check out A Fistful of Reviews! (dot com)

Post by benheck » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:51 pm

This is a site run by some of my friends, including the one who got me a $2.50 21" monitor so I figured I should give them a shoutout. They review movies and talk about stuff. And they have FORUMS for people to run around in!

http://www.afistfulofreviews.com/

I've got an article on their site about "Who is Anakin's REAL Father?", a hot topic with the new Star Wars film coming soon! I'm also gonna have a section to review really bad movies. See, we like to get together and rent crap films to watch and mock, just like MST3K! I'll post reviews of which crappy movies are fun to watch and which aren't, maybe it'll start a whole new trend!

Disclaimer: Articles and such written by me for and on this external site are a bit rougher around the edges (content-wise) than those that appear here and would be considered PG-13 rated. It's nice to have a little "breathing room" with what I write from time to time :) This site www.benheck.com will continue to be, as always, Disney PG! (Sans direct-to-video sequels and talking silverware)

xxxeagle

Post by xxxeagle » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:16 pm

Speaking of the new star wars movie im skippin school to go see it. And they have my favorite movie reviewed on their ferris buelers day off. I must have seen that like a million times.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:22 pm

I think I'm the first benheck.com forum member to join them (well, aside from Ben). :P

I already started a couple threads, including a poll on "what's your favorite Star Wars movie?".

This is also my 1,000'th post. I just noticed. April school vacation really brought up my post count (it was raining, and I started working on my PSoneP.)
Last edited by bicostp on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:34 pm

I like your article Ben, but I think you should get them to watch Dune, I was shocked to find no review.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:50 am

That was great Ben! I always was curious about R2D2's probe... :roll:
-Luke

MasterChieff44

Post by MasterChieff44 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:12 am

xxxeagle wrote:Speaking of the new star wars movie im skippin school to go see it. And they have my favorite movie reviewed on their ferris buelers day off. I must have seen that like a million times.
i'm going to the very first showing at midnight of may 19, yet i still have to go to school on time that same day. it's still worth it!

Current Projest: SnesP
Stage: eBay

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:37 am

Hey! What happened? Their forums are down already! :?

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:26 am

Have no fear! The forums are back up now. I had to upgrade them to a newer version and it didn't go quite as smooth as planned, but all is well now. The forums, however are at a different address than they were before. So if you go to the main page and click on the Forums link it'll take you where you need to go.

Ben, Dale, and I are all going to the midnight showing of Sith here in Madison. I went to the last one for Clones and it was pretty crazy. I got there about 2 hours early and there were already a few hundred people there. I have a feeling it's going to be even worse this time. No matter what it'll be worth it.

- Jones

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:28 am

MasterChieff44 wrote:
xxxeagle wrote:Speaking of the new star wars movie im skippin school to go see it. And they have my favorite movie reviewed on their ferris buelers day off. I must have seen that like a million times.
i'm going to the very first showing at midnight of may 19, yet i still have to go to school on time that same day. it's still worth it!
I'm doing the same :)....it took awhile to get my dad to let us go, but since it was my little brother who begged him to let us go, I don't care :P...
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Sun May 01, 2005 5:07 pm

Ah yes. But is 2 hours early ENOUGH? I mean, that's only 10 PM!

I'm gonna be sure to take a Phoenix so I have something to do in line. Maybe I'll pick up some sales and get MORE behind! Now all I need is the Star Wars: Arcade game for 2600 (all I got is Empire)

Ahem.... RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Mon May 02, 2005 6:31 am

Or hook up a 32X to the exodus and play Star Wars: Arcade :wink:

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Mon May 02, 2005 12:58 pm

Didn't he sell it? I know it was back on eBay at one time. (It'd be weird if he bought it back)

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:23 pm

benheckc wrote:Ah yes. But is 2 hours early ENOUGH? I mean, that's only 10 PM!

I'm gonna be sure to take a Phoenix so I have something to do in line. Maybe I'll pick up some sales and get MORE behind! Now all I need is the Star Wars: Arcade game for 2600 (all I got is Empire)

Ahem.... RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You need a krok cart. Can play almost every 2600 game ever made. :) Unfortuanatly theres a nice big waiting list on AA, lucky I got mine already :D.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Tue May 03, 2005 9:37 am

Whats a Krok cart? It sounds illegal...

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue May 03, 2005 1:35 pm

Not when you concider 3/4 of the Atari VCS developers went down the tubes in 1983.

The Krokodile Kartridge is a flash ROM cart for the 2600.