Big Daddy Suit (halloween)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199
Re: Big Daddy Suit (halloween)

Post by Triton » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 am

@Triton: I hate plague doctors. I saw an exhibit at the Boston Science Museum back in 7th grade, and they had an automated one that talked and told stories about the plague. There was a dark section in the wall in the Black Plague exhibit, then the whole display it was in would light up, with screams and him laughing hysterically. The thing was 6 and a half feet tall, with a long coat, and the bird mask. They also had a real mask that survived in another display. Creepiest crap ever.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: thats the point!

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:16 pm

well, i would like to use resin molding, as it looks good, and is strong and light, but i really dont have very good moldmaking skills. anyone 1337 enough to do it?

@triton: aww, heck, why not? everyone does bouncers. :mrgreen: i'll do rosie instead. plus, it looks easier. :P
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

josh

Post by josh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:14 pm

As a novice cardboard cosplayer, i'm going to have to say Cardboard.
I've made:
Danbo (Cardbo) from Yotsuba
H.E.V. Suit

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

dont forget to add speakers connected to an ipod with the big daddy sounds coming from it. YOu could also rig up a switch to toggle lights around the eye from yellow to red for "attack mode".
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:41 pm

weaponepsilon wrote:dont forget to add speakers connected to an ipod with the big daddy sounds coming from it. YOu could also rig up a switch to toggle lights around the eye from yellow to red for "attack mode".
the issue with the speakers is they need good bass. and where could i put them? and how would i get the big daddy sounds? as for the lights, i want to, but it would be hard to see out of, if i lit the viewports. :|
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 pm

samjc3 wrote:
weaponepsilon wrote:dont forget to add speakers connected to an ipod with the big daddy sounds coming from it. YOu could also rig up a switch to toggle lights around the eye from yellow to red for "attack mode".
the issue with the speakers is they need good bass. and where could i put them? and how would i get the big daddy sounds? as for the lights, i want to, but it would be hard to see out of, if i lit the viewports. :|
use an 8" woofer, its a large costume, it would fit. Extract the sounds from the game files (should be able to look up how to do it. put the lights on a switch so you can turn it on for pictures and off for being able to see :lol:

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Triton wrote:use an 8" woofer, its a large costume, it would fit. Extract the sounds from the game files (should be able to look up how to do it. put the lights on a switch so you can turn it on for pictures and off for being able to see :lol:
where can i get a woofer cheap? and batteries t run it?
AfroLH wrote:

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:45 pm

ebay lol

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Triton wrote:ebay lol
:roll:
AfroLH wrote:

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:05 am

Tibs sent me some small speakers like, 4" ones. your helmet, if its a rosie, could have a fibre optic style set up where the glass could be plexie, and the LEDs could be around the sides of the glass. Add a switch on your gauntlet for the yellow/red toggle.

Have the speakers along the sides of your helmet and DO NOT allow them to be on the sides of your head. Make sure they are enclosed somehow.

yes, I've been drinking....
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

DK

Post by DK » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:23 am

http://volpinprops.blogspot.com/2009/09 ... shock.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exactly what you need :wink: