Friday the 13th Online (NES remake)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Thornwillow
Friday the 13th Online (NES remake)

Post by Thornwillow » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share with you a project I am working on called Friday the 13th Online, it is a NES remake of Friday the 13th, only this time, theres new weapons, items, and you can play with 1-6 people online to go and fight Jason together. However, I don't have a demo ready, but I am currently on version 0.6 of the game, and i have a lot done and its all working.

http://www.fridaythe13thonline.yolasite.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the site I have for the game, and so far heres whats done:

-2 Player online (you and 1 other person can play over a network right now)
-3 maps (the rock area (place with the cave), the place outside the rock area that circles around the whole map, and outside the lake)
-1 weapon (rocks)
-and a few more small things.

I'm using all of the same graphics, you can see 1 in game screenshot on the website, so far the 2 players both look the same, but in the end you will be able to choose your characters. I mean, don't expect the maps and look of this game to be EXACTLY like the NES game, becuase I am completely redoing it from scratch. I got plans for 1 new weapon, it will be hidden somewhere, i am not going to reveal it becuase I don't want to ruin any surprizes, however, feel free to tell me any suggestions you have.

I am making this with the program Game Maker, using a online engine called Mplay, which is the worst for gamemaker, however, thats the only engine I have full knowlege with. I am the only one working on this, but if any of you want to help, feel free to I guess if you can.

chainfire95

Re: Friday the 13th Online (NES remake)

Post by chainfire95 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 pm

awesome, i look forward to seeing the finished product.
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

Thornwillow

Re: Friday the 13th Online (NES remake)

Post by Thornwillow » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:35 pm

I should have a demo ready in 2 weeks, maybe less. the demo will only have online capabilitys to play with 1 other person for now, but Jason will be in the demo, and you will be able to kill jason and go through the 3 days and save the kids and stuff in the demo. I would release a demo now so you can all see what its like, but i want to wait till theres a point in playing.