What's Going on Here?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp
Re: What's Going on Here?

Post by bicostp » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 am

snowpenguin wrote:About Palmer's sig, there has to be some kind of record kept about when sigs are edited, right?
I checked the admin log, and didn't find anything (going way back to April). So I tried editing "test test 1 2 3" into one of yesterday's spambots (turns out they're good for something after all :lol:), and it didn't show up in the log. PhpBB must not log those actions. :( (Most of the log is "locked thread", "banned member: reason 'spambot'", "moved thread", that kind of stuff.)

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:18 am

Triton wrote:those people who insult you then disappear, its called TROLLING
I left this thread only to avoid running my mouth over something that doesn't mean anything to me, thus avoiding "the banhammer." But..."They see me trollin' they hatin' moderatin tryna catch me postin' dirty."

I must apologize for my previous actions, and ask everybody else (who is in the wrong) to do the same. We're all good people on here, despite our differences. Both sides don't want to "pussy out" and apologize, that's obvious. I Drue Nelson, being the main provoker in this thread, apologize for my harsh words toward the moderating crew, specifically, but not limited to, Skyone, Marshallh, Life of Brian, Benheck, and the countless others I offended.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Bino Gas
Portablizer

Post by Bino Gas » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 am

I started this thread with innocent intentions, I swear. I'm just trying to avoid the argument now. :facepalm:

I agree with icarus:
Instead of talking about this all the time, people should have worked on portables. We'd have quite a few portables finished. :P
Speaking of which, I'm currently working on a NESp, so look for the worklog to appear in about a week.

icarus

Post by icarus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:18 am

Nobody listens to the person with 9 posts. :roll:

Seriously, this needs to end. Palmer, Bacteria, etc.. you may want justice, but if you do get it what community will there be?

This may not matter to you since you can figure out how to make portables on your own, but you're ruining it for the little guy. The people who don't know anything, but still want to try to make a portable. The people that are trying to get into this community, but are gonna leave because everyone is so dang focused on arguing that they aren't gettng the help they normally would. Don't argue with me about this. I've observed it. Especially while I was lurking. These arguements are one reason why I put off joining for a little while.

Allowing these threads is only fueling the fire. It's forcing the people who haven't left to choose sides. Some people are trying to stay neutral, but end up prefering one after reading this thread. "Justice" is not what you are going to get. A limited community is what you're going to get. Knowledgable people will be gone. Also I feel this thread is making users like modretro because there are none of these petty arguements there. You can try to deny it, but it's going on.

I'm right. End of Story. Seriously. :roll:

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:35 am

icarus wrote:Nobody listens to the person with 9 posts. :roll:

Seriously, this needs to end. Palmer, Bacteria, etc.. you may want justice, but if you do get it what community will there be?

This may not matter to you since you can figure out how to make portables on your own, but you're ruining it for the little guy. The people who don't know anything, but still want to try to make a portable. The people that are trying to get into this community, but are gonna leave because everyone is so dang focused on arguing that they aren't getting the help they normally would. Don't argue with about this. I've observed it. Especially while I was lurking. These arguements are one reason why I put off joining for a little while.

Allowing these threads is only fueling the fire. It's forcing the people who haven't left to choose sides. Some people are trying to stay neutral, but end up prefering one after reading this thread. "Justice" is not what you are going to get. A limited community is what you're going to get. Knowledgable people will be gone. Also I feel this thread is making users like modretro because there are none of these petty arguements there. You can try to deny it, but it's going on.

I'm right. End of Story. Seriously. :roll:
No one listened to you because with 9 posts you probably weren't here to see this all through so you will never fully understand. Second you make statements that are debatable and obviously favor Palmer and his friends. Then after that you just declare you are right and act like we are just a bunch of idiots, and you, with your 9 posts understand the whole thing perfectly.

Go away

icarus

Post by icarus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 am

gamemasterAS wrote:No one listened to you because with 9 posts you probably weren't here to see this all through so you will never fully understand. Second you make statements that are debatable and obviously favor Palmer and his friends. Then after that you just declare you are right and act like we are just a bunch of idiots, and you, with your 9 posts understand the whole thing perfectly.

Go away
Heard of lurking? I do that. I mentioned it in my post too. Post count means nothing. I do understand the whole thing, and I understand that this arguement needs to stop. I'm not trying to favor either one. I'm just stating what I observe. :facepalm:

And telling me to go away, that's really helping the community grow again..

edit: Also I wasn't even talking to you, or most of the community. I was mainly talking to Palmer and Bacteria, and I thought I made it obvious by mentioning their names.. I guess not.
Last edited by icarus on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:57 am

Hey at this point I'm just trying to figure out what the crap happened with Palmer's sig. :?

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:25 pm

@totokan: Yeah, when I was young, I was a noob. I've only explained my actions to people who have asked, but I personally never flamed anyone. I am guilty of breaking a common rule on the internet: "don't share your account". Usually I only posted in the trading post or in my progress thread. :lol:

Yeah, if anything, I learned a lot from the good examples of the mods back then. I asked myself, "Would Luc post this? Would bicostp post this?" And boom, I started posting better, no noobish words, no wrong information, no wrong anything. Even to this day I haven't seen any ill-intent posts from either of them. (God rest Luc's soul) But bic wants things right, I say, Lock this now, and bic and palmertech can dicuss this through PM's, and a new post can be made stating that all is well.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:01 pm

BTW - the vote to vote you in/out was edited by you/ "staff", your posts which I replied to were transformed into short and sweetly phrased posts to make my replies look unreasonable, some posts others put in there "vanished", my posts got edited - yes, that's right everyone - my posts got edited: "staff" got involved in the post when they said before they weren't; for these reasons I stopped posting in it, no point. It was so rigged there was no point being further part of it. Unusually, I fell into an ambush in which I had no chance, normally I don't fall into traps but did here - error in my judgement.
the ONLY post i edited was one that I made, which last time i checked wasnt against the rules. and the ONLY thing i changed was removing the portion stating that the mods couldnt vote in my thread (which some of them chose not to do anyway) and i ran that by spongebuell before i did it and him and myself both decided that it wasnt fair to not let the other mods vote, as they are members of the forum too and have a right to vote just as much as anybody else. And the fact that you say the vote was rigged frankly baffles me. everybody gets ONE vote, they voted, and they decided that i should stay. Im sorry you have such a problem with me and the way i do things but why cant you let it drop? Frankly i am with skyone and shockslayer on this one, i wash my hands of this.

Bacteria = I offically say that i am sorry if anything i have said or done has offended you, or if i have personally slighted you in any way. i respect your abilities as a portabalizer even if i dont like you personally. now can we FINALLY let bygones be bygones and not antagonize eachother further? ive been ready to let this whole mess just go away for a good long time.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:40 pm

icarus wrote:
gamemasterAS wrote:No one listened to you because with 9 posts you probably weren't here to see this all through so you will never fully understand. Second you make statements that are debatable and obviously favor Palmer and his friends. Then after that you just declare you are right and act like we are just a bunch of idiots, and you, with your 9 posts understand the whole thing perfectly.

Go away
Heard of lurking? I do that. I mentioned it in my post too. Post count means nothing. I do understand the whole thing, and I understand that this arguement needs to stop. I'm not trying to favor either one. I'm just stating what I observe. :facepalm:

And telling me to go away, that's really helping the community grow again..

edit: Also I wasn't even talking to you, or most of the community. I was mainly talking to Palmer and Bacteria, and I thought I made it obvious by mentioning their names.. I guess not.
You are taking the stance that the moderating team owes them something. Also, it was better smaller.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:49 pm

icarus, you were talking good earlier, but now you say this should just end with no resolution? GTFO. :wtf: :facepalm:

icarus

Post by icarus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:57 pm

gamemasterAS wrote:You are taking the stance that the moderating team owes them something. Also, it was better smaller.
Hmm... I'm sorry you feel that way. I did not mean for it to be interpreted in that sense. I'm still not seeing that in my post, but whatever.
snowpenguin wrote:icarus, you were talking good earlier, but now you say this should just end with no resolution? GTFO.
In my opinion, I said the same thing I said earlier. Oh well. I guess I'm out of this thread.

Turknatr12
360 GamerTag:turknatr
Location:Richland Center, Wisconsin, USA, North America, Earth

Post by Turknatr12 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:25 pm

I'll admit that I wasn't following this topic from the beginning, but I did read it all, and I must agree that all this drama is retarded. There is really no other way to put it. I love (in a brotherly way) the members of this forum, and I both disagree and agree with some previous statements, but it really doesn't matter. Skyler was right when he brought up multiple times that this is a video game forum, and we should realize that we're all real people, and we all share the same feelings and all have the right to our own opinions. I've met a few of you in person, and no one here is a bad person, but the distortion that the internet creates can make everything different. I have no interest in arguing, I just want everyone to realize how stupid this is. It is the present now, that was the past, it cannot be changed. Thank you.
"Look at you, flying through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp."
http://www.youtube.com/user/RMSJaggers?feature=guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

limpport

Post by limpport » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:35 pm

It's kinda sad to see people picking tiny things out of other peoples post to argue about. First of all, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and second of all, it makes the situation worse, by putting rifts between people about squat. Are people just stuck in a pissy mood? Go take a walk, drink some water, just calm down!

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Okay, new rule to keep tempers down. At the end of each post, one of these must be posted.

Let's all be haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppy.