What's Going on Here?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

snowpenguin
Re: What's Going on Here?

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:45 pm

I think the reason Modretro popped up is because Benheck got old, and thus got popular, so we ended up getting all the noobs asking 'can i uze mi ipod scrn?????????????///'. Modretro has no such great widespread popularity, so only members of benheck and some others know about it. Soon, IMO, the noobs will arrive there too. One member once told me:
You should join ModRetro. (click on signature logo.)

Its like benheck, only without spam and noobs and spam. Just people interested in modding.
It makes sense, so I choose to be a member at both communities, which is just as good, if not better, than having one forum only. This doesn't need to turn into a war between the two sites, they can coexist peacefully, can't they? It's up to you.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:50 pm

snowpenguin wrote:It makes sense, so I choose to be a member at both communities, which is just as good, if not better, than having one forum only. This doesn't need to turn into a war between the two sites, they can coexist peacefully, can't they? It's up to you.
For whatever reason, people keep bringing it up here, so certain members of ModRetro feel it is necessary to plug the higher qualities of their forum. It's getting kind of old, as we've had quite a few topics about this. In fact, there was one major topic that was just supposed to shut everyone up (this forum and that forum) about the issue and move on.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:54 pm

Well, I think that's what should be done now. Everyone who wants to be a member there, do it. Everyone who wants to be a member here, sounds good. Everyone who wants to be a member at both, you get the best of both worlds IMO. I don't think arguments like this need to happen, but I do think some members here at benheck should consider becoming a member there too. It's there choice though, and we don't need to have arguments about that.

Really, what good will an argument do us? You're not going to get any new members at Modretro, because everyone at Benheck will be preparing for war, as at Modretro, and nobody will want to give up and join there too.
Last edited by snowpenguin on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bino Gas
Portablizer

Post by Bino Gas » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Thanks everyone, I understand the situation better now. For now, I'll just stay on the Benheck forums and hone my modding skills. Maybe someday I'll join some other forums too. Let's hope none of the existing forums become like AcidMods :lol: .

Zeturi
PSN Username:Zeturi_

Post by Zeturi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Bino Gas wrote:Thanks everyone, I understand the situation better now. For now, I'll just stay on the Benheck forums and hone my modding skills. Maybe someday I'll join some other forums too. Let's hope none of the existing forums become like AcidMods :lol: .
[shudder/] or Gamefaqs. I joined modretro because it'll be nice to say I've been a member for a long time, even if I've never posted once.
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Skyone wrote: P.P.S. if you think this post is "dick":
Nope, that was actually a strong post.

You're mostly a dick when you write a witty post, then lock the thread so nobody can reply. :wtf:

Triton I'm ok with.

Marshallh is a dick when he ignores me on AIM 'n' such (I'm not retarded, I know when you're ignoring me)

b6-don't know anything about the guy.

Eagle is good, although he only got promoted because he went to MGC, no getting around that.

Ben is an incredulous douche.

Life of Brian-hates me, no getting around that one either. Of course you guys don't realize it, it's the subtle hints and PM's... It actually started when he became a mod.

Everybody else is ok, but still nazis.

eurddrue-a monster that was created by the internet. It's hard to behave on the internet. I have...issues with obsession about it.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Wow eurddrue that post was horrible. You just lowered my expectations of you, and probably burned what bridges you have left, earning yourself a ban. All I can say is, wow. :wtf:

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:30 pm

snowpenguin wrote:Wow eurddrue that post was horrible. You just lowered my expectations of you, and probably burned what bridges you have left, earning yourself a ban. All I can say is, wow. :wtf:
This is where modretro comes in. What rule did I break in that post by the way?
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:36 pm

From Rules 5.0:
Skyone wrote: 1. No trolling, flaming, or spamming. The reason this forum came to be was not for you to put down or be put down. Respect is a completely necessity here, and anyone that decides not to show proper respect does not belong here. As for spamming, every member here should have a general knowledge of what spam is and what the effects of spam are. For those who do not know what trolling is; trolling is a slang word meaning the act of arguing and offensive controversy intentionally, just to create havoc. If followed, these generic rules will keep users content and comfortable with other members.
And sometime soon from Rules 6.0:
bicostp wrote: 0. TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED! Always, BUT ALWAYS follow the Golden Rule. If you're helpful and polite, you can expect it in return. However, if you act like a jerk, don't expect to be treated like royalty.
I guess that one's a formality, but you get the idea. Just because there's no punishment for it doesn't mean it isn't meant to be followed. :wtf:
Last edited by snowpenguin on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:37 pm

I personally don't appreciate being called a Nazi by association, though. :wtf:

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:41 pm

bicostp wrote:I personally don't appreciate being called a Nazi by association, though. :wtf:
Don't take it personally, imo, nearly every person in charge is a "nazi." "Nazi" has lost it's true meaning. I suppose I should edit that though.

@Snow, so then every time somebody mocks me, they should be banned? There is a point that everyone should be able to take of teasing/criticism.
wallydawg wrote:

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:44 pm

WTF did you really just call that post teasing? You just called the creator of benheck and all things amazing an "incredulous douche." IMO, you should GTFO, if not from benheck, at least this thread.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:50 pm

eruddrue: all of those statements were harsh generalities. If we were as strict as you (and others) think we are, you'd be banned right now. You need to take a step back and look at things at a whole. Starting with:

All of this drama is hilarious...even if all of the moderators were Nazis, what does that even mean? That there are ***holes in the world? If you don't like it, leave! Do yourself a favor!

snowpenguin: yes! Keep it real. 8)

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:52 pm

snowpenguin wrote:WTF did you really just call that post teasing? You just called the creator of benheck and all things amazing an "incredulous douche." IMO, you should GTFO, if not from benheck, at least this thread.
Ever spoken with him? He's not polite at all, and some of the stuff he's done...douche was the easiest way to describe him "IMO."

And, HOLY SHI- HUGE LETTERS. I'm out of this thread.
wallydawg wrote:

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:55 pm

I agree completely with Skyone, especially the part at the end :lol:. There is just one thing I would change...
Skyone(edited for truth!) wrote: All of this drama is hilarious...even if all of the moderators were Nazis, what does that even mean? That there are ***holes in the world? If you don't like it, leave! Do yourself and us a favor!