hmm...Lik-Sang

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gannon
hmm...Lik-Sang

Post by gannon » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:26 pm

hmm.. I didn't even notice this before.
http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=2954

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:31 pm

you ever notice how some of bens portables look like old arcade cabnets?

tron 2.0

Post by tron 2.0 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:41 pm

cennar wrote:you ever notice how some of bens portables look like old arcade cabnets?
no.
AS SEEN ON TV

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:59 pm

Wow thats going to add fuel to he fire (either good or bad?) for this site.

Say as most of the people seeing that shouldn't Ben or Black 8 or someone ont he Fourm make stickies of how-tos or FAQs to what all the newbies to this will ask?

*turning to Cennar* The cases I'd say look more like retro syle more then the old cabnits, as cabnits are square.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:08 pm

i was not bringing that up as a negitive and yeah i think some do look like old cabniets and thats dam cool..

Link89

Post by Link89 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:04 pm

The look retro, (except theplaystation) do you mean they look kind of like the old arcade systems, the do look pretty neat. If you think that's going to add fuel to the site wait until Ben's book comes out. So many pople will swarm to this site. I hate to be a kill joy about that but there will be 2,3 or maybe even 4 times more then there are right now.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:12 pm

Link89 wrote:The look retro, (except theplaystation) do you mean they look kind of like the old arcade systems, the do look pretty neat. If you think that's going to add fuel to the site wait until Ben's book comes out. So many pople will swarm to this site. I hate to be a kill joy about that but there will be 2,3 or maybe even 4 times more then there are right now.
Thats scary, I've been to a board where that happened and well it wasnt pretty. All the newbies asking the same question(s), swarms of spam and worse of all people posting without reading or looking for info first.

BTW when does Ben's book come out I know he's due to finish in October.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:59 pm

well, he's been in EGM, wired magazine, and TechTV, and we didn't get an uber swarm of idiotic newbies, so I think we're OK
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Link89

Post by Link89 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:06 pm

yea but those are all tech things. Some person will just walk into a bookstore see his book and say that's cool I'm going to build one without reading about the back info and go bud these people. Not exactly like that but you get the idea.

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:21 am

i dont know i suport ben in this i trhink that all the power to him geting the message out to every one. this will just mean that we will all have to ptich in to help these nubies as much as posable. and if they ask the same questions over and over then refer them to the book.

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:03 am

The books coming out early 2005.

Link89

Post by Link89 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:15 am

I support Ben on it to. I'm just saying that's probably going to happen. We have plebty of time before his book comes out anyways.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:46 pm

I'm not sure how many of you guys remember, but the reason I made doomportables.org was to host answers to questions I kept seeing newbies ask over and over again. The quality of answers people gave to those questions would drop everytime they answered them.

I realize doomportables has strayed slightly from that original goal, but I would like to address that problem more directly again. Perhaps a "Newbie" page that that explained the basic process of building a portable, price estimates with links to cheap stores, forum etiquette, and a guide to my site and others (like this one). What do you think?

abbibi

Post by abbibi » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:I'm not sure how many of you guys remember, but the reason I made doomportables.org was to host answers to questions I kept seeing newbies ask over and over again. The quality of answers people gave to those questions would drop everytime they answered them.

I realize doomportables has strayed slightly from that original goal, but I would like to address that problem more directly again. Perhaps a "Newbie" page that that explained the basic process of building a portable, price estimates with links to cheap stores, forum etiquette, and a guide to my site and others (like this one). What do you think?
I'm getting really sick of having to log in all the time...
The Portables of Doom!
PortablesofDoom.org

MR.MOD

Post by MR.MOD » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:07 pm

abbibi just enable cookies for this site.