Stupid things gamers have said to you..

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!
Re: Stupid things gamers have said to you..

Post by madc0w » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:30 am

Schmeman wrote:ME: I don't really like WOW, I don't think it's that fun
HIM: Of course you didn't think it was fun, you didn't get that high of a level. You have to get to level 70 before you start having fun!
ME:...
crap's true.
You CAN have fun leveling, but mostly its just a race to get to 80 now, and then you can start raiding, do all BG's etc and so on.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Schmeman wrote:ME: I don't really like WOW, I don't think it's that fun
HIM: Of course you didn't think it was fun, you didn't get that high of a level. You have to get to level 70 before you start having fun!
ME:...
That's kinda true, except replace 70 with 80 now :lol:

legoboy
Location:some utterly insignificant little blue-green planet far out in the western arm of the galaxy

Post by legoboy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm

"What's the point of playing games if they don't look good."

Bah, I'll take gameplay over "pretty" effects any day.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:27 pm

My all time favorite(s) for this one...

"The PC version is better."

or

"Gaming is better on PC."

Probably one of the all time lamest comments out there. If it would actually happen in a PC vs. Console thread that would be fine. Instead it generally happens in a thread where people are discussing a game for a particular system that also happens to be available on PC. The people already own the game and the console they're playing it on, so does anyone really think they give a crap if the game is supposedly "better" on PC according to some self appointed gaming snob?

I think not.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:19 pm

jones wrote:My all time favorite(s) for this one...

or

"Gaming is better on PC."

Probably one of the all time lamest comments out there. If it would actually happen in a PC vs. Console thread that would be fine. Instead it generally happens in a thread where people are discussing a game for a particular system that also happens to be available on PC. The people already own the game and the console they're playing it on, so does anyone really think they give a crap if the game is supposedly "better" on PC according to some self appointed gaming snob?

I think not.
I hate when someone has a problem with Windows and people say get a Mac or tell them to move to Linux.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:02 pm

jones wrote:My all time favorite(s) for this one...

Pretty much the only time where the PC version is indisputably better is Valve's game library. The PC versions have an enormous modding community* and (usually) official free DLC comes out for them well after release. (They're still updating TF2, for example, and that came out late 2007.) They're working on the 360 updates, but they can't do anything with the PS3 because they don't have internal PS3 developers, and EA did a crappy port job and won't work for free so the DLC would have to be for-pay.

* So massive that they released the SDK for the Source engine, which they still use, to the public for free download with purchase of a Source game. There are literally dozens of good third-party fan-made games you can get for free. When it comes to supporting the modding community, Valve is the Anti-Sony. :lol:

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 pm

gamemasterAS wrote:I hate when someone has a problem with Windows and people say get a Mac or tell them to move to Linux.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Generally the person is asking for help with some issue they have and then some blowhard comes along telling them they need to install an entirely different OS? Doesn't make much sense to me. Ah, the internet... :facepalm:
bicostp wrote:They're working on the 360 updates, but they can't do anything with the PS3 because they don't have internal PS3 developers, and EA did a crappy port job and won't work for free so the DLC would have to be for-pay.
From what I've read the 360 DLC has been "in the can" so to speak since around the time it was made available for the PC. Problem is that Microsoft is being greedy and wants to charge for it, whereas Valve just wants to make it available for free. Instead of caving to MS, Valve seems to have decided to just not release it.

Of course, I read this on the interwebs awhile back, so it needs to be taken with a reasonably large grain of salt.

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:48 pm

*Insert anything harshboy says on xbox live*
On pupose, of course :lol:
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:55 pm

jones wrote:
gamemasterAS wrote:I hate when someone has a problem with Windows and people say get a Mac or tell them to move to Linux.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Generally the person is asking for help with some issue they have and then some blowhard comes along telling them they need to install an entirely different OS? Doesn't make much sense to me. Ah, the internet... :facepalm:
Yes, I totally agree with that!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zero_D

Post by Zero_D » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:13 pm

alentris wrote: :shock: The pyro is freaking impossible... I just don't understand how you can possibly kill someone... My favorite is the spy, by FAR the easiest IMHO...
The Pyro is awesome :P. Its actually the easiest class for me to play with. Spy comes a close second though (except whenever you play against an overly-suspicious group of people :x ) . I don't really use any other classes much besides those two though, although I have been experimenting more with Medic and Engineer recently.

desertman123
PSN Username:Desertman123

Post by desertman123 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 am

weaponepsilon wrote:I was at the game store I work at sometime and we have a rack of vintage systems. This 10 year old kid talking a mile a minute tells me that he's played all the old systems....Y'know, PS2, XBOX...Says he knows everything. Then he stops and points to the case.

Him:WHats that?
Me:A super Nintendo
Him:Oh, like a Wii?
Me:No.
Him:Woah, whats that?!
Me: A Sega Genesis.
Him:WHy does it say 16 bits? What does that mean?
Me:(sigh)
Him:WOW, whats THAT?!
Me:Okay, thats a Gameboy. :facepalm:[pointing] Thats an Atari, thats a Nintendo, thats an N64...
Him:Those must be old cuz I never heard of them.

:facepalm: :facepalm:
Ugh that must've been so agrivating. In 5 years we'll hear people start a classic game collection, tricked out with the Playstation 2 and Xbox.

When you *sighed* at the 16bit thing I would've said "That means it's twice as good as the Nintendo Entertainment System *roll my eyes*"

I hate know-it-all kids.

Also:
Idiot:"COD4 is so much better on the Xbox 360"
Me: "Why? What's wrong with the PS3 and PC versions?"
Idiot: "Everything, the Xbox is the best console of all time."
Me: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Word to the wise: DON'T THROW ELECTRONICS AWAY!!!