Stupid things gamers have said to you..

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp
Re: Stupid things gamers have said to you..

Post by bicostp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Twilight Wolf wrote:It irritates me when I'm playing "Team Fortress 2" and people say "[insert class here] takes no skill!"

Really?
UGH. :evil: I HATE THIS.

I mostly play Pyro, and I play it properly (sneak around, burninate, shotgun, axtinguisher). All I hear on pubs is "LOL W+M1 LOL" and "PYRO TAEKS NO SKILLZ NO WUNDER YOUR FURST ON the LIST". :facepalm:

Sometimes I play Sniper, and the Huntsman is fun. But everyone keeps saying "OLOLOL HUNSTMEN IS OP" because you can shoot 1 arrow every 2 seconds and only slow down momentarily. :facepalm:

alentris

Post by alentris » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:32 pm

bicostp wrote: I mostly play Pyro, and I play it properly (sneak around, burninate, shotgun, axtinguisher). All I hear on pubs is "LOL W+M1 LOL" and "PYRO TAEKS NO SKILLZ NO WUNDER YOUR FURST ON the LIST". :facepalm:
:shock: The pyro is freaking impossible... I just don't understand how you can possibly kill someone... My favorite is the spy, by FAR the easiest IMHO...

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:39 pm

My friends have griped at me before about the Pyro being the easiest. I think they were just jealous I had the highest score in the match... Then someone started arguing with me about the Demoman requiring no skill and that you could make tons of kills by just spamming grenades (which is BS, since I've never seen a grenade spammer do very well) or camping.

alentris: It just takes practice. Trial-and-error, I find, helped me a lot in learning what to do and what not to do when playing as a Pyro.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:15 pm

alentris wrote: :shock: The pyro is freaking impossible...
Well then you're doing it wrong. :P The Pyro is only effective when the target doesn't see you coming. You have to play it like you play Spy, but you don't get the luxury of cloak.

Also, you have to learn to use the compression blast. I used to use Backburner constantly (still do in confined maps or PL maps with lots of ways to flank), but in direct 1 on 1 combat the compression blast can be a lifesaver.
Twilight Wolf wrote:Then someone started arguing with me about the Demoman requiring no skill and that you could make tons of kills by just spamming grenades (which is BS, since I've never seen a grenade spammer do very well)
The only time I play Spammerdemo is defending A on Steel. Constantly lobbing grenades over that wall can annoy people to no end (especially when you leave a huge minefield of crit stickies :twisted:).

J.D

Post by J.D » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:19 pm

I don't play TF2 very often. I'm only good with the scout and the heavy...

BOINK!

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 pm

I don't get the luxury of the compression blast, sadly. I'm still playing the PS3 version because my laptop sucks so badly for gaming...
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

J.D

Post by J.D » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a game is multi-platform, PS3 games bite the dust when it comes to DLC.

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:28 am

I was at the game store I work at sometime and we have a rack of vintage systems. This 10 year old kid talking a mile a minute tells me that he's played all the old systems....Y'know, PS2, XBOX...Says he knows everything. Then he stops and points to the case.

Him:WHats that?
Me:A super Nintendo
Him:Oh, like a Wii?
Me:No.
Him:Woah, whats that?!
Me: A Sega Genesis.
Him:WHy does it say 16 bits? What does that mean?
Me:(sigh)
Him:WOW, whats THAT?!
Me:Okay, thats a Gameboy. :facepalm:[pointing] Thats an Atari, thats a Nintendo, thats an N64...
Him:Those must be old cuz I never heard of them.

:facepalm: :facepalm:
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:26 am

J.D wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a game is multi-platform, PS3 games bite the dust when it comes to DLC.
The PS3 version of "The Orange Box" was ported over really poorly by EA and Valve didn't want anything to do with it to begin with, so it was dumped by both after getting one patch. That's why Valve doesn't want any more of their games going to the PS3 unless they can port it over themselves, but I have my doubts as to whether they'll actually bother acquiring their own PS3 team.

"The Orange Box" is a pretty poor example of multi-platform PS3 games and how they're treated DLC-wise, I think.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:48 am

I had a older kid (11 year old) i know try to convince me that you connect half of a x86 cpu to half of a ARM cpu.

(Yes this is gaming related since this had to do with us talking about GBC and GBA.)

But to be fair, he does have a slightly decent understanding about electronics for his age. But still has much much more to learn.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:58 am

Twilight Wolf wrote:The PS3 version of "The Orange Box" was ported over really poorly by EA and Valve didn't want anything to do with it to begin with, so it was dumped by both after getting one patch. That's why Valve doesn't want any more of their games going to the PS3 unless they can port it over themselves, but I have my doubts as to whether they'll actually bother acquiring their own PS3 team.
Yep. Valve doesn't have any internal PS3 developers, and they'd have to hire a team to work on it. EA isn't interested in porting more content over for free. Valve does have an internal 360 developer team, and can port things fairly well because its OS is fairly similar to the DirectX suite. ('DirectX box', ya see. :P) Two things are keeping the updates off the 360:

- Microsoft wants them to be for-pay, Valve wants to give them away free like they do on PC
- Even the original launch version of TF2 was pushing the memory limits of the 360, so it's taking them a while to optimize the new and old content to cram everything in.

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:17 pm

The only problem I have in TF2 is when I play in servers where little kids take the game far too seriously. It's all tied in with this new generation YTP makers and fad followers. Yeah, YTP's are funny, and TF2 is a fun game. But go outside once in a while, will ya'?
-Bob.
Making XNA Games in C#.

Schmeman

Post by Schmeman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:48 am

ME: I don't really like WOW, I don't think it's that fun
HIM: Of course you didn't think it was fun, you didn't get that high of a level. You have to get to level 70 before you start having fun!
ME:...
Currently Playing:

Xenogears
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Parasite Eve

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:49 am

(scene: I am sitting in the auditorium, playing my GBC. I was sitting alone, and I had 3 guys talking about halo 3 behind me. This kid I used to know walks over and sits down next to me)

Ali: What are you playing on that thing?
SS: I'm playing Pokemon Gold.
Ali: Dude, didn't that come out like 7 years ago?
SS: Yeah, so?
Ali: Don't you know there are new games out?
SS: Yeah, so?
Ali: Why don't you buy them then?
SS: Because I like the older games better.
Ali: Why do you think they make new games? The old ones suck.
SS: That's your opinion.
Ali: But its true.
SS: No, opinions are different than the truth, because opinions are not facts.
Ali: Whats your point?
SS: :facepalm:
Ali: Why, can't you be normal like everyone else and just buy a PS3.
*at this point the 360 fans sitting behind me chime in and start to make "sell your house to buy a ps3 jokes" *
*he starts calling them poor*
*I walk off*

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yoshilime

Post by yoshilime » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:28 am

You then should of proceeded to show them one of your portables, but then they would say that they are easy and stupid and outdated and try and make you build a ps3 portable..... :lol:
Sometimes, life isn't fair, but you just have to work around it.

Excellent