GB & GBC on the DS...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:22 am

cennar, he already tried it and his ds still works.. :lol:
I steal avatars.

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:59 am

solid....

goodie

Post by goodie » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:06 pm

Alchemist wrote:I'd understand that if people hadn't already tried it and broken their DS, as reported on the site I linked more than once. I'm not backing down here, the guy was an idiot. Nothing personal.
No one on that site said that they actually tried it. They just gave reasons why it wouldn't work in theory. They were right, but no one actually had tried it. Now I have done so.

And there's no reason to be name-calling. It's my DS! I can do whatever I want to it, I could smash it with a sledgehammer if I wanted to. No one has done anything to you, so there's no reason to be angry.
mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:29 pm

I sure as hell regret posting this, man... :?
-Luke

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:37 pm

But now it's been proven! No more conspiracy! :D No more questions! :D And now all we have to do is answer the same Gamegear screen questions.

I feel guilty. I think I introduced the "!!1!!!!11!!1!!one!" stuff here. Oh well. When the forum stoner says it, it's funny! :lol:

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:19 pm

It seems cliche if you've gone through public schooling (makes me wonder on some of you), but without risk the dark ages wouldn't just be history, they'd still be around. Alchemist, I take no remorse in calling you a retard.

MasterChieff44

Post by MasterChieff44 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:38 pm

Alchemist wrote:Cry me a river. So many people told him exactly why what he was going to do wouldn't work, that it was dangerous, idiotic even, yet he still did it. I'd call him it again in an instant.
how is it dangerous? i mean, besides the obvious electrical reasons which is a main part of WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR! it's not like opening a DS will kill you and make your face melt off like that guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark and opening a SNES might just give you a little shock. Like he said, it's his DS. he can do whatever he wants. he tested it so the rest of us don't have to. All hail goodie the portable martyr!

Ok, my 2 cents is in, let's end the name calling and the hard feelings.

Current Projest: SnesP
Stage: eBay

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:50 pm

MasterChieff44 wrote:face melt off like that guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark
Heh, the clay-mation part?

Alchemist

Post by Alchemist » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:09 am

This is getting silly. I made an off-the-cuff remark about how I thought goodie was stupid for trying this when others had (and I repeat, go back and read around, had) tried it, and had broken their DS's -using a word which I might add isn't even blocked here- and you all act like I took a dump on your dinner. Chill out, I wasn't angry, I was just reacting to stupidity when I saw it. Plainly I don't know the guy, why do you all jump to the conclusion that I hate him?
soundwave wrote:It seems cliche if you've gone through public schooling (makes me wonder on some of you), but without risk the dark ages wouldn't just be history, they'd still be around. Alchemist, I take no remorse in calling you a retard.
Fair shout, not like I'm going to get wound up about it. Your point is moot though, since (and I'm getting kind of tired of saying this) I've already read that people had broken their DS's doing this. So the "risk" was unnecessary (although "risk" implies that there was a chance it would work in the first place, and let's be honest, there wasn't).
MasterChieff44 wrote:how is it dangerous? i mean, besides the obvious electrical reasons which is a main part of WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR! it's not like opening a DS will kill you and make your face melt off like that guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark and opening a SNES might just give you a little shock. Like he said, it's his DS. he can do whatever he wants. he tested it so the rest of us don't have to. All hail goodie the portable martyr!
Sure, it's his DS, but just as he's free to do what he wants with it, I'm free to call him a dumbass for doing it.

Now since you're all getting extremely uppity about this matter, let's try and clear it up: I don't have a personal problem with anyone. If I insult you I certainly don't mean it personally (how could I? I've never met you). Try not to take things so god damn literally.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:25 am

That's it...just lock the freakin' thread. Who knew my stupid little post would cause so much trouble. It's not worth it. Just lock it.
-Luke

Alchemist

Post by Alchemist » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:35 am

Why? Surely everything is sorted now? Or have I managed to offend you further?

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:44 am

Sweet fancy moses! Do you ever stop talking? Must you canstantly be making comments? Can a mod please lock this?
-Luke

MasterChieff44

Post by MasterChieff44 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:34 am

Alchemist wrote: Sure, it's his DS, but just as he's free to do what he wants with it, I'm free to call him a dumbass for doing it.
no, you're not. at least, not on these forums and calling him what you did (i.e. you did not use the word "dumbass"). language like that has no place here. you can very well say "i think that was not a very smart thing to do and i would not have done it," but you can't say things like that. i know people with mental handicaps and that is why i don't use that word, or any word like it. next time you insult someone, first think if it's worth it, and then think if what you're about to say is acceptable given the situation. then think again. that word gets thrown around WAY too much and it is necessary to put a stop to it.

Current Projest: SnesP
Stage: eBay

Alchemist

Post by Alchemist » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:04 am

MasterChieff44 wrote:
Alchemist wrote: Sure, it's his DS, but just as he's free to do what he wants with it, I'm free to call him a dumbass for doing it.
no, you're not. at least, not on these forums and calling him what you did (i.e. you did not use the word "dumbass"). language like that has no place here. you can very well say "i think that was not a very smart thing to do and i would not have done it," but you can't say things like that. i know people with mental handicaps and that is why i don't use that word, or any word like it. next time you insult someone, first think if it's worth it, and then think if what you're about to say is acceptable given the situation. then think again. that word gets thrown around WAY too much and it is necessary to put a stop to it.
As I've already said, it wasn't meant in a personal manner. Sorry if it offended you.

cennar

Post by cennar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:45 pm

NARRR!!!! ok kids now see that the DS he messed up is his own busness lets move on! who wants to do it to there DS? any one? *sees no hands* great now get over it