Ok free video editor?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Ok free video editor?

Post by thewise1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:03 am

I don't need need an editor even, just a good program that can cut and trim video into different clips.

Anybody know of one that's free.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: Ok free video editor?

Post by bicostp » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:23 am

Windows Movie Maker is the easiest-to-use free video editor I know of.

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:46 pm

bicostp wrote:Windows Movie Maker is the easiest-to-use free video editor I know of.
Yup. I've looked everywhere, and tried many different things, and MMW is still the easiest and most efficient. If you want, you can just download the demos of Adobes software, that stuff works well too.

thewise1

Post by thewise1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:26 pm

There's the problem though, for some reason I don't have movie maker (or even paint) on my xp for some reason. I have no idea why, and I've tried many different things to get it to work. Frankly, I can't use windows movie maker.

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:54 pm

There's a program called virtual dub...I used that back when I had no windows movie maker. It's still available, and works pretty well. It's not uber easy to use, but it gets the job done pretty well.
Last edited by Metallica Man X on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:57 pm

VirtualDub isn't really that simple just for cutting and simple editing, though with AVIsynth, you can do some really cool stuff.
thewise1 wrote:There's the problem though, for some reason I don't have movie maker (or even paint) on my xp for some reason. I have no idea why, and I've tried many different things to get it to work. Frankly, I can't use windows movie maker.
Just download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... aker2.mspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:11 am

Pirate Sony Vegas, You'll never go back. :D :P

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:30 am

Avidemux is pretty good for basic edits - it does a whole load of format conversion work too.

If the video is in MPEG2 format, then Cuttermeran is probably one of the best video cutting tools out there; the synchronisation between audio and video streams is first class.

limpport

Post by limpport » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:38 am

Is there any way to get Paint and WMM from Microsoft's website? Seeing how they come with XP (and Vista?), it seems like they should have them for download somewhere.

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:17 am

Paint:

Are you sure you're not just missing the Start menu shortcut? Search your hard drive for "pbrush.exe". If you don't find it, search your Windows CD for "pbrush.ex_"

If it's not there, just download Paint.NET. ( http://www.getpaint.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) It's free, and is actually more like Photoshop Essentials or GiMP than Paint. (But its interface is light-years ahead of GiMP.)

Movie Maker:
ghosstt wrote:Just download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... aker2.mspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thewise1

Post by thewise1 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:30 am

I tried paint.net, frustrated me to no end, it's the simple things I need for paint, all I need is to put pictures together in one. Like I can't even change the size of the picture after I've started it, Which I would like but other people want it locked, so I understand why. I couldn't even get it to type.

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:36 am

Just try running "mspaint"

start-->run-->mspaint

Turknatr12
360 GamerTag:turknatr
Location:Richland Center, Wisconsin, USA, North America, Earth

Post by Turknatr12 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:58 am

All software is free! Oh wait. Windows Movie Maker isn't too bad of a program if you learn the ropes and use it to its full potential. As a video editor, I have found it acceptable for most editing, as long as you don't make titles with blue backrounds...
"Look at you, flying through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp."
http://www.youtube.com/user/RMSJaggers?feature=guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Turknatr12 wrote:All software is free! Oh wait. Windows Movie Maker isn't too bad of a program if you learn the ropes and use it to its full potential. As a video editor, I have found it acceptable for most editing, as long as you don't make titles with blue backrounds...
You realize you can change the color of it, as well as get rid of it completely and just have overlayed text.

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:06 pm

I think that's the point he's making... :P

Yeah virtually every WMM video out there uses the default sans-serif titles over the default blue background color.