Post your Ride! (56k beware!)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199
Post your Ride! (56k beware!)

Post by Triton » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:37 pm

I seem to remember having one of these before, but i looked and couldnt find it! So in that case Lets see em! i know at least a few of you are old enough to own a car (or drive at least) :lol: post your cars, trucks, SUVs, four wheelers, motorcycles, bikes or whatever it is that gets you from point A to Point B! I just sold my own car a few days ago, so the official ride of MGC is no longer the lolvo (1990 volvo 740 turbo wagon)! But i did buy another car already, havent had the chance to get it home and get it cleaned up yet but once i get it goin it will be pretty awesome!

Pics of my new car, a 1992 BMW 325IS Coupe
Features:
5 speed transmission with short throw shifter and momo shift knob
Viper alarm system
shaved door handles
Brembo front brakes
a decent bodykit, not horribly riced out!
2.5L DOHC I6 engine with short ram intake, 192HP stock
17" concept neeper Rapture wheels, their horrible tho :(

should be pretty awesome once i get everything fixed up on it! and i only paid 600$ :D

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: Post your Ride! (56k beware!)

Post by bicostp » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Daily driver: 1999 Saturn SL. 1.9L SOHC I4, 4 speed slushbox. Base model with air conditioning and an aftermarket stereo the people I bought it from installed themselves. (I had to take it all apart and re-install it this past spring because they did a real crappy job. :facepalm: The stupid thing was held in with metal tabs, and the entire center of the dash rattled all the bloody time. Eventually it got to the point where it had to be put back together right using JB Weld and some black gasket-in-a-tube.) It was obviously in an accident sometime before I got it because the headlights are a little 'off' and the front bumper has chunks missing, so eventually when I have enough time/money/ambition I'll go to the scrapyard and get the front bumper, bumper cover, and plastic bumper core from an SL2 or SW2 (the nicer models), paint them with some Dupli-Color bumper paint (to match the repainted back bumper) and throw them on there. (Even the coupe models are the same underneath, but an SC front end swap would mean finding a hood and fenders as well.) It will still look better while adding a place for fog lights. (Wire them up with a relay to turn on with the parking lights and high beams.) It's only got 83k on it. Other than that it's bone stock, so if you find any picture of a green one with black bumpers you know what it looks like. :lol:

Project / yard beater / whatever: 1974 Dodge D200. 225 slant-6, really low 4 speed manual, 4.1 (posi?) gear set in a Dayna 60 rear axle. Still has almost all the original parts. It drives under its own power (that engine is unstoppable), in fact we used it to haul some wood last year. Obviously it needs a LOT of work, since it's been sitting in the yard since 1989. No accessories, though it does have power steering and an aftermarket Roadmaster AM/FM stereo cassette hooled up to some cheap speakers mounted behind the seat. (It probably came with an AM only radio, since it just has 1 speaker in the dash, and it's shot.) Most of the things I hope to do in the near future are just damage control. (Fixing leaks, welding the exhaust manifold back together, scraping off the grime to not hear complaints about it, etc.) The passenger side door works fine, but the skin and bottom are shot because it crashed into a tree a long time ago (before we got it in '85). The cab corner's pretty rough, and the front of the bed has a huge dent in it from where it hit. (It's about 10 by 14 inches, and 3 inches deep.) It needs a laundry list of parts, like new floor pans, new rear brakes, a passenger side door, passenger side bed skin, PCV valve, ignition coil, air filter, new exhaust from the manifold back, high beam switch, emergency flasher switch, various lights, some interior switches, glove box door, passenger side mirror, power steering belt, fan belt, spark plugs, weatherstripping, driver's side window crank handle... And that's just to make it street legal, never mind making it look good! :lol: Finding parts is relatively easy because Chrysler put that engine in basically everything, but finding body panels is harder because it wasn't as popular as the Ford F series and Chevy C/K. You have to look for Plymouth Trailduster parts; they're basically the same thing except the Trailduster was a 2 door SUV.
i only paid 600$ :D
Nice! How many miles are on it?

What's up with the M3 badge? That's not an M3! :lol: Lose the headlight 'eyelids', they're rice. :lol: Why is the passenger side wiper blade missing? Sorry but it's a little rice. ;)

The only thing I'd watch out for is if the person you bought it from drove it really hard (half the time ricer 'improvements' = tried to race it). Change the oil, flush the coolant, replace the transmission oil, replace (or at least clean and re-gap) the plugs, check for leaks, you know do all the regular maintenance stuff.

Triton

Post by Triton » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:10 pm

What's up with the M3 badge? That's not an M3! :lol: Lose the headlight 'eyelids', they're rice. :lol: Why is the passenger side wiper blade missing? Sorry but it's a little rice. ;)

The only thing I'd watch out for is if the person you bought it from drove it really hard (half the time ricer 'improvements' = tried to race it). Change the oil, flush the coolant, replace the transmission oil, replace (or at least clean and re-gap) the plugs, check for leaks, you know do all the regular maintenance stuff.
Its a LITTLE rice, the eyelids and m3 badges are the only real ricer things, other than the horrible wheels. the car has 114,xxx miles on it, was my girlfriends sisters car. and most of the other "upgrades" are exactly that, actual quality parts such as brembo brakes (several hundred to around a grand), momo shifter (the knob is 50$ by itsself), AC schnitzer pedals(retail is like 130$ on those) so it wasnt TOTALLY half ass rice stuff lol

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:39 pm

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Posted this before I think...but now it has no problems for me to complain about! I'm not even going to knock on wood, because everytime I do that, it seems there's a new issue with the car the very next time I drive it!

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Awwwwww.... My ride is a bike as I'm not yet old enough to drive.

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:58 pm

1997 Nissan Maxima

It rained last night and havent cleaned it yet. :lol:

mikeyg
PSN Username:mikeyg95

Post by mikeyg » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Skyone wrote:Image
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Posted this before I think...but now it has no problems for me to complain about! I'm not even going to knock on wood, because everytime I do that, it seems there's a new issue with the car the very next time I drive it!
Nice.
Will post my ride later. ;)

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:51 pm

Nice car Triton! My GF's dad has a 525i!

BMW for $600? Steal!

My car is a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S ("Sport")

Lovely car. Also, I have Pirelli tires. Yea, thats right. Pirelli = good tires.

Looks like this: http://images.automotive.com/stock/300/ ... 05/4SA.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:57 pm

I convinced Skyler to get one, and in between repairs he loves it ;)

Also, wrapped up the valve cover+plenum job and sanded off the letters.

Triton

Post by Triton » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:23 pm

Nice car Triton! My GF's dad has a 525i!

BMW for $600? Steal!

My car is a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S ("Sport")

Lovely car. Also, I have Pirelli tires. Yea, thats right. Pirelli = good tires.
Yeah, even if the problems with the motor are catastrophic (all signs indicate a pretty simple job, or a rather complex but totally fixable one at worst) i will make money if i sell it l :lol: and pirellis are good tires! this BMW has pirellis on the front and khumo ecstas on the rear

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:33 pm

I hate body kits. Why ruin a bmw with plastic?

Not my car specifically, but it's the same year and model:

Go fuel efficiency! This one corners extremely well. I take a 90 bend meant for 30 km/h at 60 easy.

That's roughly 20 and 40 for you yanks. For a stock ford compact, that's pretty good :P
Hey, sup?

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm in the process of getting a car. If my parents allow it, I'm getting a Mazda 3 :D

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Not my pic but the same thing. My sisters used passat
Sweet, only 3 accidents in it, 1 broken taillight, and my parents wont let me mod it in any way

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:58 pm

You should post some pics of you driving the BMW triton, once it runs.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:00 pm

My friend has one of those, they're quite nice. Hell, I have multiple friends who have Mazda 3s. It's a good car.
Hey, sup?