I HATE my cell phone...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

ValiantVenality
Portablizer
I HATE my cell phone...

Post by ValiantVenality » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:29 pm

I hate it! It bugs the living crap out of me. NO I'm not just going to rant on and on about hating my cell phone. Here's my dilemma. I have this cell phone from Verizon. I never answer my phone. Like EVER. Everyone always complains that I never pick it up and they get angry at me for it. So what I was thinking was, what phone company makes a phone for just texting? Or what phone company makes a phone plan who's main goal is texting? That way I can tell people that I cant talk anymore, I can just text. This would be a big help because then now nobody can CALL ME! Thanks!

VV

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Re: I HATE my cell phone...

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:32 pm

phone without calling but texting...

some kinda crazy ass whacked up PDA.

Or yuo could go throught the phone book and block ALL numbers?

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:23 pm

AT&T has a pay as you go plan that's unlimited texting only for $20 a month. My brother had it.
Last edited by cowsgoquack101 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Theres a type of blackberry shaped device that you pay like $100 for it, plus $20 a month for unlimited texting, and emails. (No phonecalls, as its NOT a phone.)

It has a color screen, full keyboard, etc.

I forget what its called, but its on engadget somewhere. Its real too, my coworker has one.

khaag

Post by khaag » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 am

You could break the microphone so you'd have an excuse!
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:50 am

HotDog-Cart wrote:Theres a type of blackberry shaped device that you pay like $100 for it, plus $20 a month for unlimited texting, and emails. (No phonecalls, as its NOT a phone.)

It has a color screen, full keyboard, etc.

I forget what its called, but its on engadget somewhere. Its real too, my coworker has one.
Is this it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogo_(handheld_device" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:47 am

I think he means the Peek...

And you can find them for a good deal less than $100 - I've seen them for as low as $12 new and unopened.

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 am

Why can't you just talk to people? Are you that scared of them that you have to communicate in a way that removes as much human contact as possible?
Also, on a related note, I am getting a new phone today! Alias, I know its not that origional or cool, but my current phone is the biggest peice of crap, the outside buttons don't work, and the flash stays on as long as the outside screen is on.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:24 am

Yes, I was talking about the peek. They're awesome for texting, and emailing. Plus its all open source, and a web browser may be made soon.

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:10 pm

madc0w wrote:Why can't you just talk to people? Are you that scared of them that you have to communicate in a way that removes as much human contact as possible?
Also, on a related note, I am getting a new phone today! Alias, I know its not that origional or cool, but my current phone is the biggest peice of crap, the outside buttons don't work, and the flash stays on as long as the outside screen is on.
No. Its not that I don't like talking to people. Its just that my phone is either always turned on silend or I cant hear it ring. Then after just a few calls my battery almost completely depletes and then it dies. After that, I cant receive any more calls anyways.

Oh my gawd! The Peek is perfect! I found them for around 30 dollars on ebay, and its only 20.00 bucks a month Plus, it says the battery last 4-5 days on regular usage. This thing is perfect. Anybody have one that they can share their comments about? I would love to buy it!

VV

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:26 pm

I bought one because it was $6, and I was hoping I could hack it, but nothing so far.

Can't say anything about their service because I haven't tried it, but the thing is very slim. The keys are spaced enough to be able to type without too much difficulty, and the screen seemed pretty good. The screen AND the keys are backlit.

If it were $10 a month, I'd probably do it, but at $20 a month, I'd be just as well off getting a data plan on my cell phone. I'll keep the Peek around in case I go on vacation - might pay $20 to be able to check my e-mail without searching for a hotspot or library.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 pm

I've just got an LG 600 through TracFone. Text messages use minutes (at a rate of 4 per minute, I think), but I never use that feature anyway. :lol: (It's a PHONE. You use it to TALK TO PEOPLE. :roll: Maybe I'm just prematurely old.) The rates are cheap, it syncs over Bluetooth (get all those VGA res cameraphone pictures off it), coverage is excellent, and it's a flip phone so it won't dial random numbers in your pocket.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:23 pm

I'm glad you like the peek. Those things rock. Im the same way man. I only text. No phone calls, but my iphone is something I cant part with.

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:25 pm

bicostp wrote:(It's a PHONE. You use it to TALK TO PEOPLE. :roll: Maybe I'm just prematurely old.)
Its ok, I'm probably the only 15 year old that thinks the same way. :)

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:05 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:web browser may be made soon.
The whole point is that it revolved around a single task: Sending messages. I sincerely doubt they will make a browser.

That said, get an N810 Wimax edition!

Excellent