Billy Mays dead

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Skyone
Re: Billy Mays dead

Post by Skyone » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:38 pm

Jeez! That's horrible... :(

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:06 pm

I feel so empty inside now. Guys, words cannot express the level of sorrow I am feeling at this very moment.

I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be able to function in life, much less just today. Take it as an exaggeration if you must, but Billy Mays was my hero. My loud, charismatic, facial-haired hero. He was there when no one else was, with a smile on his face and a miraculous product to sell to me for a ridiculous bargain. He was there for me. I thought he couldn't ever die. He was invincible, his smile and positive attitude towards around-the-house products were a duo that simply could not be brought down.

And now he's dead.

He's dead.

Just like that. No epic battle between good and evil, no chance for my hero to defend himself, no one to blame. I have no closure. I have no one to hate for the demise of the man who was there all those nights to soothe me with his promises of super-devices. I have nothing but memories and a pile of recorded commercials.

Never again will I be able to look at the world with a Mays-like optimism. Never again can I believe in the wonders of household products. I am ruined. A mere shell of who I used to be, I can only cry and mourn the loss of Billy.

This has affected me far more than any other star's death ever could.
what is this i don't even

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Yeah, I mean the thing is that with Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson when you saw they died, it wasn't really unexpected. I mean, none of them were really healthy. Billy Mays seemed really healthy for a 50 year old guy. Now what will happen with pitchmen! I liked that show. Best new thing discovery's made in a long time.
\

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:28 pm

That's so many kinda of lame...freaken aye....that makes me so very sad...no who's gonna be my spokesperson for when I run for world emperor?
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

limpport

Post by limpport » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:53 pm

I can't believe it. I really can't believe it. Pitchmen really opened him up to me, and showed me really what kind of person he is behind infomercial cameras, and he was a great person, and stood by his products, instead of trying to make a quick buck. It saddens me to see the passing of such an honest guy so suddenly.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Everybody is saying Farah Fawcett is dead. I thought I was the only one who knew that, considering it got buried by MJ dying. I mean seriously, the only one on CNN to talk about ANYTHING BUT MJ is Don Lemon! What about Iran? The riots? Honduras? The Prez.? The Climate Bill? WTF :wtf:

AllYourBase

Post by AllYourBase » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:30 am

limpport wrote:I can't believe it. I really can't believe it. Pitchmen really opened him up to me, and showed me really what kind of person he is behind infomercial cameras, and he was a great person, and stood by his products, instead of trying to make a quick buck. It saddens me to see the passing of such an honest guy so suddenly.
I couldn't agree more. This is truly a tragedy; I just found out and I am still in shock.
Anyone that hasn't seen Pitchmen should give it a look, it really shows the side of Billy Mays you don't get to see in the commercials. He seemed like a really cool guy. This is absolutely terrible... He had a young daughter and a son. Poor kids...

RIP Billy

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 am

Billy Mays is not my lover..

okay all jokes aside, RIP, hope everyone remembered to wear blue.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Most of the news channels are saying it was heart failure and he had at least one mostly clogged artery. :shock:

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Its a good thing Chuck Norris cannot die, otherwise I'd be worried.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 am

FYI, today (July 1), Discovery is having a Pitchmen marathon in memory of Billy Mays.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:18 pm

He had his own show? Was it good?

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:20 pm

It was a pretty good show. There was one particularly funny episode in which anthony sullivan scares Billy with a skunk.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

kylechu

Post by kylechu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:25 pm

gamecube6 wrote:Its a good thing Chuck Norris cannot die, otherwise I'd be worried.
Chuck Norris is dead, it's just that the grim reaper is too afraid to tell him.
\