MICHAEL JACKSON DIED TODAY!!! D:

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

themadhacker
Re: MICHAEL JACKSON DIED TODAY!!!

Post by themadhacker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:15 pm

I for one will never forget thriller jackson. Still have the album on vinyl.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Biased

Post by Biased » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:39 pm

I foresee MJ merchandise going up in value.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:52 pm

i object. the real michael jackson died a long time ago. the white skinned no talent surgically enhanced vegetable he was before he died wasnt him. :?
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:56 pm

*whimpers*

Such a sad day.

limpport

Post by limpport » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:04 am

bicostp wrote:Hopefully people remember Thriller Jackson, rather than Scandal Jackson. :(
Thriller was actually the first music video I ever saw. My mom recorded it years and years ago.

samjc3 wrote:i object. the real michael jackson died a long time ago. the white skinned no talent surgically enhanced vegetable he was before he died wasnt him. :?
He did not become white skinned by choice, he had vitiligo, which causes loss of pigment. It occurs in all races, it's just more noticeable on darker skin.

And can the title get changed please? It sounds like you were excited that he died :(

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 am

True. He was diagnosed with Vitiligo and Lupus in 1986. It's the former that caused the problem (because as we all know it's never Lupus). He probably had some bleaching done, just to even it out.

No love for Farrah, eh?

khaag

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON DIED TODAY!!! D:

Post by khaag » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:30 am

I KNOW I posted in this thread before. Odd.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:42 am

I've been reading stuff on the internet, and also been watching videos on youtube about Michael Jackson. Wow. I never realized how important, and influential this person was in the music history. It astonished me how he made the #1 album EVER. Not a single person in the whole world has a better selling album. It sold 109 million. The next album was by ACDC and it only got 45 million. Thats more than double the albums sold. I am truly amazed by his success, and my heart goes out to him, and his family.

Rest In Peace Michael Joeseph Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYx3BR2aJA4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VV

Schmeman

Post by Schmeman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 am

bicostp wrote:Hopefully people remember Thriller Jackson, rather than Scandal Jackson. :(
Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case. People tend to remember the bad.
Currently Playing:

Xenogears
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Parasite Eve

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:23 am

Many of you are too young to remember, but in 1984 MJ was fricking huge. In fact, he was very popular right up until his first scandal. Definitely the Elvis or Beatles of a generation.

He was really talented, this is too bad. And he had class - do you think Justin Timberlake or Eminem would use Vincent Price in a music video? I doubt it.

Fun fact: the music in Sonic 3 was done by MJ, but since it came out around the scandal, they removed the credit. Search Google to learn more.

Now the hell starts. I wonder if this will affect the Beatles game, MJ owned half their catalog, but used it as collateral to borrow hundreds of millions from Sony. So there might be rights issues...

-Ben

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:05 am

Sorry for being slightly off-topic, but I wouldn't doubt Justin Timberlake on that one, he has a lot more merit than people vouch for, as for Em, well nevermind.

And I never knew MJ was a producer either, the music in Sonic 3 is great stuff, although it's credited by Yuzo Koshiro (sp?).. I think, unless thats Streets of Rage.

ian2120

Post by ian2120 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:55 am

This is an incredible talent lost. While I may not have lived to see the "glory days" of his music and MTV, as a fellow performer, this is a great loss to me. And about "Scandal Jackson," can you really blame him for loving children in his middle ages? He completely missed out on a childhood, and never experienced the (freedom the right word?) of being a child. He was trying to make up for that with Neverland Ranch, and being with children, but it completely backfired. But there is no question that his music will never be forgotten.
We Didn't Start The Fire! Watch!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pjoRZNzC0
Andrew wrote:{I was so happy} I was singing in my head!
me wrote:What song?
Andrew wrote:All of them