Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

Locked

Should Triton stay a mod on bemheck, or should he resign

Poll ended at Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:01 am

Yes, Triton should remain a mod
67
76%
No, Triton is unfit to moderate
21
24%
 
Total votes: 88

User avatar
Triton
Moderator
Posts: 7396
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:33 pm
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:01 am

The question of whether or not I am suitable material to be a benheck moderator has been raised by Bacteria and a few other members here, so as I said I would I am making a poll to ask YOU the forum users a simple question: Should I stay on as a member of the Benheck forum Mod team, or should I resign my position? I ask you all to consider the facts of the situation, think carefully and make an informed decision before you vote in either direction! for your benefit I will be posting the entirety of the PMs that went between Bacteria and myself in regards to the LOTWRDB logos as well as a few other relevant posts, the quoted posts have not been edited by me in any way whatsoever and are posted simply to give you a fair look at the situation.

The following quote is courtesy of bicostp!
bicostp wrote:
Life of Brian wrote:I double-checked some dates, and I would like to clarify that we moderators first started discussing the anti-bacterial sigs on May 9 and bacteria began his forum-blast on May 17. We were given eight days. So, the lesson here is if things aren't resolved within a week (even though we were still debating the best course of action) then the gloves are off.
Remember, it was recommended that he PM the people with the images in their sigs, requesting its removal. This suggestion was rejected with hostility, dismissing it as "a sign of weakness" and "crying to the mods". I think we might as well just post the entire exchange for the world to see. In quote boxes. In the order they were sent. It's a wall of text but you'll know what was actually said. These are verbatim quotes from both parties and have not been edited in any way.
May 9 - Bacteria wrote:Tut, tut. Just noticed you have that childish "don't like bacteria" logo in your sig (might have been there a while, not sure, i'm not that observant). Big whoop. I don't care if you like me or not, it will rebound anyway. I had had respect for you before though, which is the pity, and the reason for this PM - i'm not bothered to acknowledge anyone else, just you, because I had held you in esteem at one time, previously. You and I have not had harsh words in the past, so I assume you are just getting on the bandwagon as there is no other logical reason; anyway, that's fine, i'm genuinely not bothered. It's a compliment really if you think about it, all be it trivial - members who are not seen as having strong "presence" are just ignored or put down - who else has ever had an anti-fan club here? - think about it - infamous is famous, and a sign of strength. I have heard from various people over the last months that you mods see me as a threat (whether real or not, perhaps its because I speak the truth and use reasoned debate); ok, doesn't mean it is right, but I can see why - so, on that logic, it is surely more sensible to keep me on side?? There are precious few members here anyway with any substance left; this site is dying anyway; so how about being a big man and removing that silly logo in your sig?
May 9 - Triton wrote:To ease your mind a bit, no I do not have any personal grudge or vendetta against you, the reason that childish logo is in my signature and has been for quite some time, Is primarily your attitude and behavior on the forum. I respect your abilities as a modder and portable builder and Its impressive to see how your cases and techniques have improved since you have been active on these forums! But the way you post and how you sound in said posts tends to rub some of the people on the forums (myself sometimes included) the wrong way. A lot of your posts come off as having an air of superiority to the people you are responding to. Or as being self aggrandizing, self promotional, and self important. You are a smart talented individual among a fair amount of similarly intelligent, talented people. It comes as no surprise that people such as ourselves don't like to be talked down to, I'm sure you don't mean to sound that way but that's how some of your posts come off. In addition, your fairly shameless promotion of your intoplay cases is skirting on blatant advertisement, people have been banned in the past for advertising things like websites, forums, and services on the forum before. there is a difference between replying to a post in which somebody is asking for possible cases to use and posting in a thread for case ideas, case designs or anything case related when you are trying to sell a product. The former, being a direct request for a product, would be warranted. the latter is simply you trying to hock your wares when an opportunity presents itself.

In response to your claims that the moderators see you as a threat, or that you are in someway famous or infamous. Delusions of grandeur. You may speak your own brand of truth but the mods, myself included, are not threatened, nor do we have any reason to feel threatened by you. Disregarding your well worded, properly typed posting habits (and propensity for verbosity) you are at roughly the same level as shockslayer and other members of the forum who have built several portables. you get a custom title and a sense of pride, accomplishment and no small modicum of respect but that doesnt put you at the same level clout wise as any of the moderators. we do not abuse our power, we act with common sense, we are all mature, reasonable adults whos only goal is keeping this forum civil, active and stable. If anything your continuing requests for a new forum section and your comments about the reference section are more of a thorn in our side than any spammers, flamers, and idiots could ever be. because you dont disrupt the forum, you just insinuate that the moderating team is somehow incapable of doing our job proplerly, or are in some way abusing our power, not listining to what the forum at large wants, or are somehow taking advantage of the people on the forum for our own personal gain. that is not exactly a good way to win people over, intentional or not. and as you can see in that thread, the majority of the posters did not agree with you, so we must be doing SOMETHING right.

our little badges are just a quiet and pseudo polite (read: not blunt and outright) way of saying that your atitude, and by extension your behavior (again, intentional or not) has not made those of us who have the logo very big fans of yours. I personally have nothing against you as an individual. In real life im sure your a wonderful guy but i dont know that person, i just know the bacteria of gp32x and benheck forums. Feel free to respond to this PM if you have any questions or comments as to what i have typed here and I will be happy to elaborate further! Have a nice weekend.

~Triton
May 9 - bacteria wrote:Triton,

Thanks for the reply and for elaboration. Been on my mind since I sent you the PM, I felt I had to send it but didn't take any pleasure in doing so. I felt the place to communicate was via PM, I am sure you agree.

I'm not saying this tit for tat, but I can't think of many people who get misinterpreted in their posts - look at a lot of skyone's posts for goodness sake - sometimes he makes an attack then immediately shuts the thread! I had some very scathing attacks out of the blue a while back from loveablechevy and tibia in posts (accusing me of whatnot), so I stamped on them firmly in defence - that is why they post "the logo"; eurrdue is a hypocryte because he has sent me some "love your work" friendly type PM's in recent weeks yet posts "the logo" - think he has it as he knows no better (he's only 14 after all); dragon(whatever his name is), no idea his beef. I think that is the full list - not many, frankly - I am sure everyone, including you, don't get on with a similar number of people here.

Whilst I take on board some of your comments, including not asking for new forum requests etc (I saw a reasonable opportunity to ask at the time, no more, no point); you have to agree that by showing "the logo" you are endorsing it and with the respect you have on the forum are therefore promoting it. That is what I referred to about moderator behaviour unbecoming. I could take it as victimisation and harassment quite easily and be justifed in doing so and reacting if I see fit quite legitimately - after all, who else is being victimised that way but me? That is why I requested you (and any other mods/admin for that matter) to remove the logo to state you are above such silly things. Let it rest on your conscience and do what you know is right. As to the others with "the logo", I will bide my time and will have my chance.

The comment about "being seen as a threat" has been made to me by about three or four members or so over the last months, as hearsay; not from me I add, I don't see myself as a threat actually to whatever, however it seemed a reasonable opportunity to raise the point in case it was valid; which you answered well. I was trying to think of a reason for you putting on "the logo" when it is in contrast to impartiality and fairness normally associated with a moderator clearly wasn't the case.

As people have posted to my posts and others for that matter, I quote: "this is the internet" - filled with people you never are going to meet or know how they tick, and only have smilies to try and convey an emotion, which often doesn't work anyway. If you knew me you personally you would feel embarrassed about how I have been treated; yet you don't know me or ever will do - I understand that. I have had to tolerate many offensive posts from others and posts designed to rub me the wrong way occasionally, sometimes I react against them strongly - why not, when seemingly unjustified provocation? I had to PM Tibia a while back and tell her to stop her attacks in threads against me or I would war on her, she backed down fortunately - but proves my point I am making. I don't like doing that, it isn't me.

You must also understand on a different, but entirely relevant note; I am not a teenager like most here, or in early twenties like most of the rest here, I am twice or three times the ages of almost everyone here. It is not easy for someone of my age (43) to communicate with teenagers - completely different generation. Consider for your moment if your Father was on the site and how he would do - then you get my drift. I am sure if he was a posted on this site you would think his well-intentioned posts to be like you think of mine. That is why many of my posts and wording get misinterpreted here unintentially - I am not pompous or whatever, although as you say, I do know how to articulate grammar, which is more than most do here. I am a very kind and thoughtful chap with good helpful intentions. Also, please understand that I am always striving to be helpful to other members; sure I might go a little too much on the "advertising" as you put it sometimes, although many post their sites or blogs or links in their sigs, but if someone wants to discuss options about what they could use in a case, it seems reasonable to suggest an option.

In regards to popularity, let me make this point - without making any new portables and just re-making old guides of mine, in 11 days I have had 832 visitors to my Wordpress site. I think that speaks for itself.

Thanks incidentally for your kind words about my abilities as a portabliser and modder, appreciated.

In regards to the Reference forum, the proof is in the pudding - if you don't get many posts from active members to go there, draw conclusions.

Like I said, I leave it to your conscience and ethics about removing the logo and to others that use it; as live teaches, everything has a consequence (not a threat, so don't take it as such). I hope the victimisation will stop though (I don't tolerate bullying) - again, no threat, so don't take it as such.

Have a good weekend,

Still friends??

John
May 9 - Triton wrote:In retrospect I would have to agree that the logo is/was a rather immature (albeit discreet) way for people to voice their dislike of you and your posting habits. In my case I dont have any real problem with you other than disliking the feeling I get from some of your posts atitude and content wise, which may or may not have been intentional, I've removed the logo from my sig mainly because something like that reflects poorly on the rest of the moderating team. The other reason is i dont want to be associated with the people who make their strong dislike for you vocal and public because A) I dont feel the same way they do about you. and B) It would be showing a considerable amount of bias in my case to have an image associated as such. I hope now that i have called attention to the few minor issues i had with your posting habits that both of us can put aside our differences and have an amicable relationship in the future.
That is what I referred to about moderator behaviour unbecoming. I could take it as victimisation and harassment quite easily and be justifed in doing so and reacting if I see fit quite legitimately - after all, who else is being victimised that way but me? That is why I requested you (and any other mods/admin for that matter) to remove the logo to state you are above such silly things. Let it rest on your conscience and do what you know is right. As to the others with "the logo", I will bide my time and will have my chance.
As far as being victimized or demonized on the forum a simple logo in a signature is a very mild way to go about it. even if it is immature and childish. As to biding your time and having your chance, the most action you could take that would be permissible on these forums is to send them a polite PM asking them to remove the logo from their sig. If they comply there are no problems. if they get hostile just forward the PM to one of the mods and we will discuss the situation accordingly

As to my fairness and impartiality as a mod in regards to the logo. it was in my sig for quite some time and frankly i didnt pay much attention to it or give it much thought. at the time only the few other people who had it knew what it meant and it was more of an in-joke than and advertizement of dislike. i will be editing and re-uploading my sig image today without the aformentioned logo because as you said. having that kind of image and what is associated with it b rings into question my impartiality as a moderator. even though i dont let my personal feelings affect my decisions as a moderator, public appearance far outweighs private action! so once again no hard feelings!

~Triton
bacteria wrote:Triton,

Thanks for the reply, appreciated. Thanks for also removing "the logo" too - pleased you saw the logic.

I only appealed to your conscience and sense of fair play because I have respect for you; not for the others we mentioned with "the logo".

Let's put this into context if we may: The people concerned decided they didn't like my manner of posting (so what), they then, without provocation, posted fierce posts in attacks on me / my posting - no PM's no provocation against them, they just "didn't like me" (so what, i'm not a kid, I don't need "facebook friends"). I then go "whoa - WTF", they don't back down, post something rotten again. I then have to shout them down. Crikey - Kurt_ a few months ago on a post called me a "pedo" because I am on this site - I am not the only adult here, Ben is 37 himself; which is why I never post my pics on the "show us yourself" or use AIM or MSN or any chatrooms, period. I do not have to sit and take abuse, so I PM them and tell them in no uncertain terms to stop it immediately; which they do with persuasion. Status quo preserved without flame wars, which is sensible.

Given the above, and the fact I don't care for those individuals, it is not reasonable to ask me to send them a kind PM and ask them if they would be so kind as to remove "the logo" - that is weakness and I have no interest in being weak - especially as I would be having then to "cry to the mods for help" - like I said, i'm not a kid, and the only difference between you and me is you are a moderator.

You, on the other hand, as impartial and a moderator, can legitimately tell them enough is enough and ask them to remove "the logo". If they then refuse, that is up to them.

Victimisation and bullying comes in many forms, including cyber bullying. You might think "the logo" is minor, I don't -it is posted all over every post they make - that is literally THOUSANDS of times on the forum. It IS bullying, and I AM being victimised as it only applies to me.

Regards to the other thing, no, I am a strategist and a good one at that. If the others with "the logo" take umbridge at something someone posts about them; I can call them a hypocryte and back it up with "the logo", etc - if they post negatively about me and have "the logo" I can attack them for blatent bully tactics and hammer them; if they try to bring others on board them they are inciting hatred....see what I mean - fully justified - I can be subtle with my posts like "you take exception to what he says about you so claim you have feelings, what about other peoples feelings, eg mine (see your sig) - hypocryte". Hey, don't want to, but why should I "speak softly" to bullies?

As I said before, noone like everyone. There are some who quite hate the moderators, some don't like you too (fact, not just saying it) - so what, that's life, get over it, etc. I have some I don't like too but don't let them know about it unless they provoke me; guess that's because i'm far older...

I am sure you see the logic of you PM'ing the offenders with a kind e-mail - not weakness from you, or "cap in hand".

No hard feelings at all, mate - you, I have respect for.

BTW - in case you have any thoughts on this, I am NOT interested in being a mod on this forum; so don't think my posts have that motive - they don't. I am, i'm me - "i'm a name, not a number" as Iron Maiden sung in the '80s.

John
At this point the general consensus between the mods was to tell bacteria to PM the people with the images and politely ask it to be removed and then turn those who don't over to us, because it was a personal issue. In fact this was suggested in one of Tritons PMs. However, this suggestion was met with hostility:
Given the above, and the fact I don't care for those individuals, it is not reasonable to ask me to send them a kind PM and ask them if they would be so kind as to remove "the logo" - that is weakness and I have no interest in being weak - especially as I would be having then to "cry to the mods for help" - like I said, i'm not a kid, and the only difference between you and me is you are a moderator.
So he wasn't going to do anything to help himself, didn't want to seem as though he was "crying to the mods" (which would be the obvious reason someone carrying the image in their sig would suddenly get a PM from a mod asking for it to be removed out of the blue), and never suggested another course of action. We never get any names.

Fast forward a week and you all know where it went from there.
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 91#p364191" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This one was posted Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:04 pm on modretro forums in this thread here
Bacteria wrote:My actions on BH were entirely justifyable on the basis that the end justified the means. I was singled out for a hate campaign and the mods did nothing to stop it (come on, it was obvious what the banner was about) until Black Six got involved, and as he said, when he approached the mods himself they were less than enthusiastic to rectify the matters initially. When I fight on a matter of principle or integrity I take no prisoners, simple. The mods on BH have also made a lot of quality modders leave the scene or become less active, for reasons we are aware of. That concerned me. I had been teetering on leaving before PalmerTech told me about this great forum here and wanted me to be involved in it.

I have achieved what I set out to do, plain and simple. If they want to leave me alone and be friends, I am very happy both sides draw a line and be friends - I have won my battle after all: all banners removed, mods forced to do what they should have done ages ago (if they had respect for other people), I have given them a taster of how I was made to feel, got Triton into a corner and a vote of no-confidence. Triton a few weeks ago said to me in a PM "you have no cards to play" - proved him wrong. Now the general BH members can vote him to stay or go.

So, battle is won, victory gained; if they want to forget and move on, so do I. Pity I had to take them all on, but I had no choice. Status quo resumed (apart from the mods there hating me and still reeling from the battle). I am leaving them to reel, I have won my case.


I hope this helps you to decide to stay here ShockSlayer, you are a fantastic member and worthy administrator, we don't want you to go. In saying that, your priority and loyalty should be to this forum first and foremost. You can't afford to be more loyal to a forum where you are just a general member (member only) in preference to a forum where you an Admin (highest rank).

I vote you stay, but have a concern about loyalty and conflict of interest? I was shocked by you considering leaving us.
the following is from the "lets clear the air" thread
Life of Brian wrote:
palmertech wrote:
The mod team had NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT, in fact bacteria came to us, me specifically about the issue. we did our best to address his concerns but he got impatient and childish and pitched a fit about it in public when it easily could have been handled with discretion in a mature manner. Im not going to get into this topic on the forum.
I know I am only getting one side of the story, which never lends to the spread of concrete truth... But while I seem to be mistaken in my belief that there was more than one moderator involved, but I was under the impression that after a few PMs, he was ignored. When I have issues, I do not make threads about them very often for the very reasons you say; Looking childish, impatient, etc. But when you PM mods/admins and they read and ignore your PMs, it can make a guy testy. I will rant on this more further down in this post. ;) Also, I thought that the situation only got resolved because the public thread brought it to the attention of BlackSix, who cracked down on the offenders? Let me know, I would far rather hear from the horses mouth what went down instead of having to rely on one side of the story, and getting the story wrong. Unless you "get into the topic", I can have no real idea of what went on.
I double-checked some dates, and I would like to clarify that we moderators first started discussing the anti-bacterial sigs on May 9 and bacteria began his forum-blast on May 17. We were given eight days. So, the lesson here is if things aren't resolved within a week (even though we were still debating the best course of action) then the gloves are off.
bacteria wrote:It is not surprising that I have lost faith in the mods/admin on BenHeck. They speak with forked tongues.
I thought we were on good terms. I am sorry for the way things have gone, bacteria.
and from the same thread
Bacteria wrote:Perhaps after Triton's vote as suitability to be a quality moderator, quality of posts and respect to others, tolerance of others, etc; and we then have embraced him in the general member ranks, we can vote on other staff here too? ;)
from the customer feedback thread
bacteria wrote:Interesting how the portrayal of "truth" is changed and portrayed as "truth". There are examples, some minor, however this one needs pointing out as it, and the subject referred to (I didn't raise it, just responding):

Point 5:
The mod team had NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT, in fact bacteria came to us, me specifically about the issue. we did our best to address his concerns but he got impatient and childish and pitched a fit about it in public when it easily could have been handled with discretion in a mature manner. Im not going to get into this topic on the forum.
Wrong, I had to persude you to remove your banner. I had no choice but to hi-jack a thread and get this matter raised.

As Bic quoted (a bit of a misquote, but hey) from my PM's to him - didn't think we quoted each other's PM's, but as he did me, here's some from my correspondance with Black Six which you will find revealing:
Black Six wrote:Triton did not (as far as I know) make any of the other mods aware of what you told him, which is a shame because perhaps all of this could have been avoided. I think I'll have to push harder for some changes concerning respecting others on this forum.
Black Six wrote:I wasn't aware there was any active-hating going on, but maybe I'm just missing the posts where it happens. When I found out about it, like I said, I found it inappropriate.
Black Six wrote:Putting on my moderator hat, I suggested action be taken, but other staff members have been slow to respond or support that action be taken.
So, as you see, lies have been spoken. Fine, so what if I annoy the mods here? So what if they don't like me - no reason to act as they do. Truth always comes out in the end. compare these extracts from Black Six against what the mods here are trying to tell you is the truth...

I wasn't going to take him up on this, however, as Triton put it - I quote:
How is this for democratic. If you REALLY have a problem with the way I moderate and conduct myself on this forum, if You want me to i will start a topic in forum 42 with a week long poll asking "Should Triton be a moderator, or should he be fired/resign?" Neither myself or any of the moderators will vote and we will leave it entirely up to the forum as a whole. If the vote is for me resigning I will do so Immediately and have one of the admins revoke my mod privileges.
...Ok, put it into effect - let's have a vote...

BTW - at ModRetro will will not tolerate any hate campaigns or harassment against any members. The fact Triton even had the banner in his sig was a personal endorcement of it which makes him guilty and unfit as a mod - any inappropriate banners like that on ModRetro and the poster will be warned once, IP banned if not pulled into check.

It is not surprising that I have lost faith in the mods/admin on BenHeck. They speak with forked tongues. Read the quotes above...
From the "palmertech in trouble" thread
bacteria wrote:Triton - Not at all, i'm not better than anyone else, far from it - BTW - i'm very chilled out these days. I'm also not the boss on ModRetro, it isn't even my site - i'm one of the moderating team. If you read my many posts there you would realise that and not be so bitter - also, we work more on democracy over there. Where else would three mods/admin respond to attack a simple member like me, has happened here - you bullies! Trying to gang up on poor old defenceless Bacteria! ;)

bicostp - No, my PMs to you in February, as you raised it, was that you had said in the Reference section that you wanted the forum to be comprehensive, I argued that it can't be comprehensive if only some of the systems are represented on this site and not others, so asked for an "other" section to cater for this - seemed to cater to mutual benefit. You PM'ed me at some point to say that you thought this was a good idea and would raise it to the other mods - I didn't hear back, and chased it, nothing back. Triton said later that I was a thorn in your sides by making such requests. Then you wonder why many here think of you guys as we do, sorry. The point is that an "other consoles" section would have opened up other systems - like the Handheld section did. I stopped being "a pain" a while back, if you cared to notice, obviously you prefer to not.

Wrong, I don't play up to being an admin, if having a smiley above my avatar is an abuse of power, you are very silly. I don't even know how to set this up on phpBB - ShockSlayer did it on his and offered to provide this service to others, I thought it nice, so asked him to add one for me - a few other members have a smiley above their avatars too, so don't be so silly!! Anyway, I am sure any reasonable person would have seen I was joking with the comment about having a red name instead of a blue one - sheez! Don't be bitter - see us as a threat or something? ;)

I am pleased you found out about ModRetro from my sig banner, brought it to the open. Also, all publicity is good publicity - thanks for bringing our forum to more people's attention - you have done us a service! ;)

Triton - you were one of the main offenders of the anti-bacteria banner and removed it only after two PM's when I pointed out you were spreading hate and were not being unbiased as you should be as a moderator - you were abusing your power. I got Black Six involved as he seemed to be the only moderator prepared to tackle hate here, and he did so, virtually - he also told me he was shocked by the bahaviour and hate campaign and also shocked by the mods on this. Black Six, I respect you. Spongebuell - I have no issue with you either.

BTW Triton - it was only from my hijacking the thread here to bring the hate stuff to central topic that anything was done to stop it, as it brought the matter to Black SIx who PM'ed me to ask what was going on, and took it from there - it took that.

No, this forum is a very good one and an important one on the net with great topics and some very good members; however quite a few members have left this site because of how things have developed here and how they are being treated (one example is marshallh's obvious dislike of Basement_Modder judging by singling him out in his pic - Basement_Modder is a good member); we have given them somewhere to join instead - better that than leaving the scene altogether, surely, like so many have done - better they join us instead surely (or does that hurt)?

Don't try to make things personal. Be professional.


You want to know why I lost my enthusiasm for this site - look above -
1) mods/admin take any opportunity to have a go at me.
2) Triton personally endorced a hate campaign against me.
3) mods/admin here didn't stop a hate campaign - if it happens on ModRetro the person concerned would only post like that once and get banned. 3) my reasonable request for a new section was not only dismissed (fair enough) but I was told I was being disruptive for asking.
4) only Black Six was prepared to help me, not the other mods (as he said). 5) sure, I am good at self promoting, but I stopped my plugging a while back, as I said I would - your ignoring of this fact says you prefer to ignore the fact.

Now, you can either put your stones away and be friends, or prove my point is still valid.

If I didn't like this site at all I wouldn't post here anymore; you're not going to bully me off it are you??
and my response
Triton wrote:
2) Triton personally endorced a hate campaign against me.
First of all let me make it perfectly clear. I do not hate you, I just dont like you. If its a crime to dislike somebody, well damn, ya caught me red handed.
Triton - you were one of the main offenders of the anti-bacteria banner and removed it only after two PM's when I pointed out you were spreading hate and were not being unbiased as you should be as a moderator - you were abusing your power. I got Black Six involved as he seemed to be the only moderator prepared to tackle hate here, and he did so, virtually - he also told me he was shocked by the bahaviour and hate campaign and also shocked by the mods on this. Black Six, I respect you. Spongebuell - I have no issue with you either.
I had the logo in my sig, beyond that i have done NOTHING, have i ever personally attacked you out of simple malice? have i verbally assaulted you, called you names, insulted you in ANY WAY beyond that simple JPEG image? I know it may come as a supprise to you but *shocker* sometimes people dont like other people. If you had asked me who else had the logo i would have been able to tell you one person, the fact that other people got the logo AFTER i did, and that those people really DID hate you isnt MY fault, i didnt try and recruit people to join the league, nor did i advocate any sort of behavior towards you, positive or negative
BTW Triton - it was only from my hijacking the thread here to bring the hate stuff to central topic that anything was done to stop it, as it brought the matter to Black SIx who PM'ed me to ask what was going on, and took it from there - it took that.
We were in the process of determining the best way to handle the situation, and deciding which steps you should take as well as ourselves.
Triton - Not at all, i'm not better than anyone else, far from it - BTW - i'm very chilled out these days. I'm also not the boss on ModRetro, it isn't even my site - i'm one of the moderating team. If you read my many posts there you would realise that and not be so bitter - also, we work more on democracy over there. Where else would three mods/admin respond to attack a simple member like me, has happened here - you bullies! Trying to gang up on poor old defenceless Bacteria! ;)
For being chilled out as you put it you have singlehandedly caused more drama on this forum than any other person in recent history, either directly or indirectly. and i'm not bitter, i just dont like your smug attitude. I like how you imply that we are in no way democratic when we often listen to the input of members here, Just because we didnt immediately do what you told us to is no reason to say we dont objectively listen to suggestions and decide the best course of action for the forums.

I would like to make a point that My actions here on benheck are as a member first and a moderator second. for all intents and purpouses i am just a regular member just like everybody else, but when the time comes that i need to do something i have the tools available to me to do so, those tools being the fact that i am ALSO a mod. the fact that some of the people who do not agree with you happen to be forum staff is immaterial, while i cannot speak for the rest of the moderation team I personally do not let personal feelings get in the way of me doing my job.

How is this for democratic. If you REALLY have a problem with the way I moderate and conduct myself on this forum, if You want me to i will start a topic in forum 42 with a week long poll asking "Should Triton be a moderator, or should he be fired/resign?" I will NOT vote in that poll and we will leave it entirely up to the forum as a whole. If the vote is for me resigning I will do so Immediately and have one of the admins revoke my mod privileges.
If anybody would like additional information or elaboration please feel free to ask, Also I will NOT vote in this poll, I leave it entirely up to you. I intend to keep my involvement with this thread to a minimum and will aspire to keep all my posts in this thread as neutral and unbiased as I possibly can.

User avatar
cowsgoquack101
Senior Member
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:21 am
Steam ID: cowsgoquack101
Location: Cold, grey Indiana!
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 am

My mind says no but my heart says yes! :D

User avatar
ShockSlayer
Niblet 64
Posts: 5059
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: In my inbox.

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator

Post by ShockSlayer » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:06 am

You've served this community for 5 years, and one little blemish on your record is not nearly enough to warrant losing all that faithful work. I vote yes, and for all three years I've been here I can say nothing bad at all about you buddy! Your a great portablizer, a great bondo master, and a great mod, and I hope to see great things from you!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
nightwheel
Senior Member
Posts: 2017
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:49 am
PSN Username: nightwheel
360 GamerTag: nightwheel94
Steam ID: nightwheel
Location: Kentucky, We are KFC
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator

Post by nightwheel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:16 am

You have been a sound mod for as long as I can remember. So what if you made one major screw up, It's ok. It's not like your whole mod career has been screw ups.

So yes, you are fit to moderate. And why the heck would you even doubt your self in the first place. When you know good and well you are fit to moderate.
Image

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

User avatar
project_failure
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator

Post by project_failure » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:24 am

I vote that Triton should keep his moderator position. This whole incident is childish internet drama. Like Shock Slayer, I too have been on these forums for a long time (4 years?)

Triton has spent countless amounts of time and energy keeping these forums clean. That goes for the whole moderation staff.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

User avatar
bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 3984
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator

Post by bacteria » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:48 am

It is unprecedented to post personal PM's in a public way without the express permission of the parties involved. I never gave permission.

The PM's between Black Six and myself add a different hue to this anyway; however there is no relevance anymore as the matter is closed - see the old thread - I posted nearly an hour before this topic was started in the other thread about peace, Skyone locked the thread as I asked, matter closed, especially as everyone is sick of this anyway.

By bringing up these personal PM's again, (incidentally, i'm never at my best when composing personal PM's when I am annoyed - tend to rant and lose focus) you are asking people to take sides, not though as suitability as a moderator, but on a conflict that has finished and forgotten (especially on the top of this topic "for your benefit I will be posting the entirety of the PMs that went between Bacteria and myself in regards to the LOTWRDB logos as well as a few other relevant posts, the quoted posts have not been edited by me in any way whatsoever and are posted simply to give you a fair look at the situation."). That makes it personal, which isn't what this about. I didn't agree or give permission to quote PM's.

This is tantamount to harassment and is certainly not becoming of a moderator. Why couldn't you have just had a simple poll saying "please vote if you want me to remain a moderator here or not" and left it at that. I would have voted "stay please, let's put the whole thing behind us" on that as I want no more bad feelings or bitterness and prefer to forgive and forget; however due to this, I have to instead vote "go" as I found the post harrassing and caused me distress, and unbecoming. Sorry.
Last edited by bacteria on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Triton
Moderator
Posts: 7396
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:33 pm
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:52 am

It is unprecedented to post personal PM's in a public way without the express permission of the parties involved. I never gave permission.

The PM's between Black Six and myself add a different hue to this anyway; however there is no relevance anymore as the matter is closed - see the old thread - I posted nearly an hour before this topic was started in the other thread about peace, Skyone locked the thread as I asked, matter closed, especially as everyone is sick of this anyway.

By bringing up these personal PM's again, (incidentally, i'm never at my best when composing personal PM's when I am annoyed - tend to rant and lose focus) you are asking people to take sides, not though as suitability as a moderator, but on a conflict that has finished and forgotten. This is tantamount to harassment and is certainly not becoming of a moderator. Why couldn't you have just had a simple poll saying "please vote if you want me to remain a moderator here or not" and left it at that. I would have voted "stay please, let's put the whole thing behind us" on that as I want no more bad feelings or bitterness and prefer to forgive and forget; however due to this, I have to instead vote "go" as I found the post harassing and caused me distress. Sorry.
You were the one who agreed to a poll, the PMs between us we already posted, by another party, in the other thread, i simply wanted to give the people the relavant information so as to allow them to form an unbiased opinion, ive said which threads each quote comes from so they can read them, in context, and decide from there which way to vote, if this upsets you I'm sorry to hear that.

Anyone is free to chime in with their own opinion and thoughs, so long as we can keep it civil!

User avatar
bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 3984
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by bacteria » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:06 am

An unbiased opinion is if all the facts are presented, the PM's between myself and Black Six, which included discussion about you and I and others and the matter, are not shown here but are relevant. Therefore, as not all the PM's and also replies in many post topics are not here, it is not unbiased as you claim. I don't want any of this dug up, it all deserves to be buried.

As stated, I see no mileage in continuing this line of "he said this, he said that" as it will only regenerate bitterness. I thought you wanted to end it?

Even after me saying that your action here caused me to feel harrassment and distress; the fact that I have expressed a wish for the matter to end and also I never approved my personal PM's to be paraded here; you still didn't delete the references. That means the post was not done my accident but intent. Like I said, this is not behaviour from a moderator - I thought causing a member harassment/supporting it was going to be a thing of the past? Dug your own grave, buddy!
Last edited by bacteria on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
project_failure
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator

Post by project_failure » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:07 am

Thanks for defending me but I said to keep it civil, post content removed

-Triton
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

User avatar
bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 3984
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by bacteria » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:16 am

project_failure - you are not polite. The matter before ended, things were patched up and dusted - so don't be an idiot. No, I will not accept being bullied by you or anyone, nor will I stoop to your level. You are trying to stir up matters. This thread is not about me *see, told you the interpretation of this topic was personal* -sigh- -here we go again- -for goodness sake, let's stop this hatred, bitterness and harassment-
Last edited by bacteria on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Triton
Moderator
Posts: 7396
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:33 pm
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:17 am

An unbiased opinion is if all the facts are presented, the PM's between myself and Black Six, which included discussion about you and I and others and the matter, are not shown here but are relevant. Therefore, as not all the PM's and also replies in many post topics are not here, it is not unbiased as you claim.

As stated, I see no mileage in continuing this line of "he said this, he said that" as it will only regenerate bitterness. I thought you wanted to end it?

Even after me saying that your action here caused me to feel harrassment and distress; the fact that I have expressed a wish for the matter to end and also I never approved my personal PM's to be paraded here; you still didn't delete the references. That means the post was not done my accident but intent. Like I said, this is not behaviour from a moderator - I thought causing a member harassment/supporting it was going to be a thing of the past? Dug your own grave, buddy!
By all means post them! I would but even as a mod I dont have access to YOUR PMs, only the interaction i have had with you. the more sides of the story we can get the better. You were the one who agreed and called for a vote. and your comments on this board and the other even yesterday went so far as to say you "have given them a taste of how I was made to feel, got Triton into a corner and a vote of no-confidence.". For somebody talking about a campaign of hate against him How does that sound to you?

If the other mods and other parties agree with you, that I was out of place in making this poll then by all means let them treat me just as they would another forum member, lock or remove this topic and decide (or put to a vote) if i should be disciplined and what measures to take.

I'm signing off for the night, will respond to any messages tomorrow.

User avatar
project_failure
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by project_failure » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:27 am

Yes because someone stating their dislike of you is bullying. It must be so psychologically damaging. :lol:

I had great respect for you until this started. I would expect a person of your age to easily turn the other cheek. Instead you complain about how Triton is bringing up the topic again. He has too in order for everyone to know the situation that called his ability to moderate into question.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

User avatar
bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 3984
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by bacteria » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:30 am

project_failure - Peace was called for and an end to the issue, which I agreed to willingly - bygones be bygones. You obviously don't understand what bullying is BTW. Anyway, enough.


Hey - just noticed, looks like the contents of some of the posts are different now - that ain't fair - changing key parts of post contents - great.

It is easy to edit posts without the post saying you have done so.

I say any mod actively causing a member harassment, distress with no regard for their feelings on a simple powerless member is not suitable to be a moderator, and an abuse of power. I think some of the reasons why I said this have been erased from his posts though, which all of a sudden look shorter. Great.


There is no point in posting comments if important parts "go missing". Over and out.
Image

User avatar
blaze3927
Portablizer
Posts: 1114
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:14 am
360 GamerTag: notjames
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by blaze3927 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:11 am

the main questuon of this thread was is triton unfit to moderate correct?

looking at all the information "provided" it begins to seem that bacteria has been on the recieving end of some crap, and that trton did not seem to act in a "correct" manner, therefore regardless of whose better /good at what, my current inclination is to vote that triton is unfit to moderate. but I dont think It would be a good idea to make that descion with only the given information as I do not have a clear idea of what was what so far.

p.s. who ever got the inclination that bacteria had a sound of an "air of superiority" based on text in a forum?, I've asked some pretty stupid questions/questions before and all the answers I've received from bacteria have no "air of superiority"
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

User avatar
Negative_Creep
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: New Crack City
Contact:

Re: Should Triton Remain a benheck moderator?

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:21 am

Anyone who thinks he's unfit to be a moderator probably hasnt been around BH for that long.

Locked