Summer Plans

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh
Re: Summer Plans

Post by marshallh » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 pm

vskid: No turbos for now. Getting some new wheels/tires soon (mine are dangerously worn). May TT in the future though

When I bought the car:

Now: (photos are unprocessed)

(t-belt cover was put back on after picture was taken)

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Nice hot air intake. ;) :P (It should have some sort of metal partition to shield it from all the engine heat.) If you want to make the intake flow better, then you should replace the dryer hose with a piece of aluminum tubing.

Have you done anything with the exhaust?

To do this summer:
- Find job (grr economy *shakes fist* curse you for making companies have unrealistic expectations for entry level IT technicians!)
- Build new compy
- Find job
- Not sit around reading the entire internet again
- Actually make some progress with that old truck in the back (stop the rotting, fix the leak in the cab drip rail, weld the exhaust manifold back together, replace the rear brake pistons...)

EDIT: :facepalm: maybe I should have put a ":P" after the 'dryer hose' remark. I know it's the OEM tubing; it's just restrictive. :lol:

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Actually the engine temperature makes very little difference in performance, there is a vent under the filter that you can't see. The design of the filter cools the air as it goes in. That's why it makes an awesome whooshing noise under acceleration :lol: And that isn't dryer hose, it's the OEM intake tube ;)

The downpipe is the next thing I'll replace. Then I'll be able to appreciate my intake more ;)

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 am

The 3000GT/GTO engine bay always looks absolutely jam packed!

What's it like to drive? I almost bought one a few years ago when I was undecided about whether to go for the Supra TT or the 3000GT TT... it ended up being the Supra ("set engines to warp 9!"), but I always thought the Mitsubishi was a good looking car.