Terminator 4

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Terminator 4

Post by bacteria » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 am

Saw the film yesterday - I think it's the best Terminator film to date!

Anyone else seen it? I thought it might suck without Arnie, but it didn't! (although they still had to use his catchphrase once and also make one of the Terminators look a bit like him!).

Negative_Creep

Re: Terminator 4

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:12 am

You just... said it, that Salvation is better than Judgement Day :shock:

Roll on weekend, will watch this film finally.

J.D

Post by J.D » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:37 pm

CGI Arnold was the bomb! Better then no Arnold I guess, his face copied on to another guy's body...

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Judgment Day is probably the weakest of the original 3 to be quite honest. Haven't seen the new one yet, but Rise of the Machines kicks all kinds of ass!

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:34 pm

1st Was the Best!!!

limpport

Post by limpport » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Throughout the movie I kept thinking, "why the hell is Batman in this movie?"

And I guess Iron Man will be the most badass Sherlock Holmes ever!

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Terminator 2 is kind of long looking back, T3 is short and to the point.

Terminator 1 is one of the best movies ever made, in my opinion. New movie is OK...

-Ben

J.D

Post by J.D » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:06 pm

benheck wrote:Terminator 2 is kind of long looking back, T3 is short and to the point.

Terminator 1 is one of the best movies ever made, in my opinion. New movie is OK...

-Ben
Weird. I've never seen Ben online before.

MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:40 am

Seriously, you guys *like* T3? It has to go down as one of the worst sequels in history... 'funny' lines from a Terminator???

Arnie is clearly not one of the best actors ever, but at least his role as Terminator in the first two films had 'presence'... he just looked old in the third. Compared to the menacing Robert Patrick as the T1000 the female Terminator was just rubbish.

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:30 am

No, Arnie isn't a "great actor", we all know that, however he is probably the best actor around for a Terminator type action film. Most actors are not method actors, like Dustin Hoffman, or similar, they just "act like themselves" these days. T3 I enjoyed, thought the female Terminator was quite good and added interest to the film.

The effects in T4 are awesome.

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:45 am

Great film, cgi was a bit noticeable at one stage (unrealistic in the helicopter scene), and the headquarters in the sub :shock:
great sequel for a great series, but my personal opinion is that no1 is the worst of the four
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

bacteria

Post by bacteria » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 pm

blaze3927 wrote:Great film, cgi was a bit noticeable at one stage (unrealistic in the helicopter scene), and the headquarters in the sub :shock:
great sequel for a great series, but my personal opinion is that no1 is the worst of the four
The first one will be the worst, it was made in the early 80's and they didn't have access to the level of special effects they needed for such a film at the time.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Good to hear, I was going to see this movie in the next day or so!

Excellent

Valium

Post by Valium » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 pm

I enjoyed T4, not as much as the first two movies though. In the original trilogy, there was always only one enemy, one terminator, one centralized being that you knew was the bad guy. In T4, the enemy is Skynet, and with it, many terminators. It doesn't have the feel of a terminator movie besides the fact that it has Kyle Reese, John Conner, and the T-800's.
Also, in all the flashbacks of the future (what are those called?) of the first two movies, all of the weapons the resistance uses, as well as the terminators, fire lasers! What happened to that in T4?

I hated T3, it really didn't make all that much sense to me. If Skynet sent back a TX, why would John send another T-800 back, that's like trying to put out a forest fire with a super soaker, not nearly enough. And besides, Arnold had purple star sunglasses on, not cool.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Valium wrote:I hated T3, it really didn't make all that much sense to me. If Skynet sent back a TX, why would John send another T-800 back, that's like trying to put out a forest fire with a super soaker, not nearly enough. And besides, Arnold had purple star sunglasses on, not cool.
They explained why in the movie when they're driving down the road in the RV. The T-800 in T3 killed John Connor in the future and was used by Skynet due to the emotional attachment he would have with it because of the events depicted in the 2nd film. After killing John it was captured and re-programmed by Claire Danes' future self to go back in time to protect her not John. So basically it was the only Terminator she had available to send back in time, so that's what she used.