Aspergers Syndrome? Who has it?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

J.D
Aspergers Syndrome? Who has it?

Post by J.D » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:07 am

Yeah...I kinda have it. I hear it isn't too uncommon. What are some effects you have, Asperger People? Whenever I say "Aspergers" people think I say "Assburgers".

limpport

Re: Aspergers Syndrome? Who has it?

Post by limpport » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:30 am

There is a big difference between:

Aspergers Syndrome
and
Assburgers syndrome

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:44 am

EVERYONE on the internet thinks they have Asperger's. Most of the time they're just antisocial shut-ins by choice and need a "condition" to blame for it. :roll:

People that REALLY have the syndrome are hard to find.
what is this i don't even

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 am

I actually have been diagnosed with Aspergers by doctors. Some I guess I'm among those who are hard to find.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

J.D

Post by J.D » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:51 am

Doctors told me, but my Mom didn't want be to get a diagnosis because she said it would effect my school records and blah blah blah. I get 4.0 though, my only effects now days are minor social problems.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:52 am

J.D wrote:Doctors told me, but my Mom didn't want be to get a diagnosis because she said it would effect my school records and blah blah blah. I get 4.0 though, my only effects now days are minor social problems.
I have a slight Learning Disability in Math. But other than that, I have Minor Social Problems too.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:03 am

I have a mild version of it. Diagnosed at work by Occupational Health by a nurse with an Honours degree and was very familiar with the condition. My doctor also is in agreement. An on-line self-test also gave the result too.

People who don't understand about it should look it up on a Wiki. It is one of those conditions though that has some positive traits too, which lend themselves to geeky hobbies well.

Social interaction and how people perceive you are problems with this condition, amongst other things (read the Wiki). They are things you need to adjust yourself as best as you can to be socially positive and acceptable, and how you are perceived by others; there is no magic pill you can take. You can never get on the same playing field as "normal people" but the aim is to get as close as you can. It takes people a few months when I change employers or locations to know me as a really nice guy with good intentions; until then they don't, as I don't "tick all the boxes".

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:34 am

Shakespeare wrote:EVERYONE on the internet thinks they have Asperger's. Most of the time they're just antisocial shut-ins by choice and need a "condition" to blame for it. :roll:

People that REALLY have the syndrome are hard to find.
I've seen a few cases of 'social anxiety disorder' on the internet, just nerds who distance themselves so much they forget how to actually make friends.

I know a person with aspergers syndrome, sadly these days he's become a bit of a pretenious bellend so I just cut all ties with him anyway.
Last edited by Negative_Creep on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:52 am

When I was doing all my psycology tests and such, the doctors informed me that I could have 'borderline' aspergers. But after a few more tests they notified me that it was just ADHD.

Weird.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:07 am

nightwheel wrote:I actually have been diagnosed with Aspergers by doctors. Some I guess I'm among those who are hard to find.
Ditto.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:16 am

I just have Inattentive type A.D.D with antisocial tendancies :lol: as a resuly of getting tested for ADD and learning disabilities i know what my IQ is for real now too, not one of those stupid online IQ tests! according to the WAIS-III IQ test (the so called "gold standard" in IQ testing) I have a verbal IQ of 124, a Full Range IQ of 122 and a working/functional IQ of 114 (the psych told me this number is lower because of my ADD, working IQ is concerned with memory and attention span and stuff like that)

alentris

Post by alentris » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 am

:o I know 2 people with asperger's syndrome, so it can't be THAT rare... Although, I do have tourettes, lol. It makes Science and Math class SO MUCH more fun. Lol, my science teacher tried to give me a detention once for cussing her out, but I just pulled the tourettes card and got off clean :D

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:02 pm

alentris wrote::o I know 2 people with asperger's syndrome, so it can't be THAT rare... Although, I do have tourettes, lol. It makes Science and Math class SO MUCH more fun. Lol, my science teacher tried to give me a detention once for cussing her out, but I just pulled the tourettes card and got off clean :D
do you ever fake it and call someone a crap or something, but say "But I have tourettes"

alentris

Post by alentris » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:08 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote: do you ever fake it and call someone a crap or something, but say "But I have tourettes"
A couple of years ago I called the studyhall teacher a B*tch, and pulled that card, lol. But my tourettes have diminished as I get older, so now I mainly get facial tics, like twitching my eyes and head... Which means no more free rides...

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Triton wrote:I just have Inattentive type A.D.D with antisocial tendancies :lol: as a resuly of getting tested for ADD and learning disabilities i know what my IQ is for real now too, not one of those stupid online IQ tests! according to the WAIS-III IQ test (the so called "gold standard" in IQ testing) I have a verbal IQ of 124, a Full Range IQ of 122 and a working/functional IQ of 114 (the psych told me this number is lower because of my ADD, working IQ is concerned with memory and attention span and stuff like that)
I took the MENSA test in 1986 and was given an IQ of 136 (top 10%).