"Art" (Possibly large images, 56k beware!)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Shakespeare
"Art" (Possibly large images, 56k beware!)

Post by Shakespeare » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:29 am

Does anyone here draw or something to that effect? Post it here. I'm curious as to how many people on these boards have an artistic side to 'em.

No, in this case, your portable doesn't count as "art" (even though they do tend to be beautiful). :P

As for me, I don't consider anything I do to be "art". Still, I'll throw it out there.

This is a link to my DA gallery, to save bandwidth.

Made this an hour ago. The thing in the bottom-right isn't mine (obviously). If you're familiar with smile.dog, that's it. I've just edited it slightly.

what is this i don't even

AfroLH

Re: "Art" (Possibly large images, 56k beware!)

Post by AfroLH » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:30 am

I dont have anything on the computer, and I don't have a scanner.

But I can tell you my art style...
I kinda draw like the art style from Jet Grind Radio.
That cell-shaded look is so awesome.

Valium

Post by Valium » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 am

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:44 am

I drew a 32 page comic of me kicking ass with a soldering iron. as a stick figure.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

robm

Post by robm » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:53 am

That's a GREAT illustration from 300, Valium... very nice.

I don't do freehand, but I have a love of various forms of 3d art, if it counts. I started out in terrain-generation software, which is incredibly easy to use once you get used to the respective program's interface, and thus I consider them my least-talented work, as programs like Terragen, Vistapro, and Bryce are rather automated. I've since moved on to Lightwave, 3d Studio Max, and TruSpace (out of nostalgia more than anything.)

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Shakespeare wrote:Does anyone here draw or something to that effect? Post it here. I'm curious as to how many people on these boards have an artistic side to 'em.

No, in this case, your portable doesn't count as "art" (even though they do tend to be beautiful). :P

As for me, I don't consider anything I do to be "art". Still, I'll throw it out there.

This is a link to my DA gallery, to save bandwidth.

Made this an hour ago. The thing in the bottom-right isn't mine (obviously). If you're familiar with smile.dog, that's it. I've just edited it slightly.

:o

Dude......

(Looks again)

Dude......

I must have you designing logos for my metal band....OR atleast album covers....
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:08 pm

I'm always up for helping out with projects and whatnot. Drop me a PM if you ever want anything whipped up. :3

Oh, and here's one I didn't put in my DA:

What I like about this one is that it's based off a picture of a capacitor. Those parallel lines are its leads.
what is this i don't even

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Shakespeare wrote:I'm always up for helping out with projects and whatnot. Drop me a PM if you ever want anything whipped up. :3
I might just hit you up when I start my new experimental band. :D

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:29 pm

you've got to start somewhere, I guess.. this is something I did a couple years ago.

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:58 am

I used to draw large epic battles with stick figures back in middle school. I'll have to dig those up...

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:27 am

Squintus wrote:I used to draw large epic battles with stick figures back in middle school. I'll have to dig those up...
I do that! I also draw side-view ships and subs and tanks and even bases. But they all look like crap.

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:12 am

robm wrote:That's a GREAT illustration from 300, Valium... very nice.

I don't do freehand, but I have a love of various forms of 3d art, if it counts. I started out in terrain-generation software, which is incredibly easy to use once you get used to the respective program's interface, and thus I consider them my least-talented work, as programs like Terragen, Vistapro, and Bryce are rather automated. I've since moved on to Lightwave, 3d Studio Max, and TruSpace (out of nostalgia more than anything.)

How intensive of a computer do you need to do stuff like that?

robm

Post by robm » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:44 am

Hmm, the stuff I posted, or Lightwave/3d Studio Max?

The programs I used for what I posted there were Bryce3d, Terragen, and Vistapro. None of those really need much in the way of system resources; in fact, you don't even need a 3d card for them. I rendered those on a 1.2ghz machine with 512 megs of RAM and a 128 meg nVidia video card.

On the other hand, Lightwave and 3d Studio Max require some heft. Lightwave has proved to be problematic for me, because my system just isn't enough to run it comfortably - I can get things rendered, but my video card isn't good enough to deal with the GUI. It just craps out. Therefore, I must upgrade my system.

3d Studio Max isn't too bad on system resources, really, but does require more than, say, Bryce3d or Vistapro. Vistapro is great for quick, cheap, and easy terrain generation and manipulation. Like most modern terrain generators, you can also download terrain information from government websites and import them, so that you can render the Grand Canyon (for instance.) It takes almost no real system resources, but, of course, the better the system the quicker the render.

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:56 am

Have you tired Maya??
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs