Windows 7

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199
Re: Windows 7

Post by Triton » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 am

Vista is far from being a turd. If you want a turd, look no further than Windows ME. Now that was a shameless money grab on Microsoft's part. Ugh!
I ran a slimmed down, minimal install (the os was <400mb IIRC) of windows ME on my lifebook (900mhz p3 256mb of ram) for 2 or 3 years without any significant problems whatsoever. it rarely crashed and only got unplesant to use after 2-3 years of rarely defragging, hundreds of improper shutdowns and poor general mantinance, that and the harddrive was failing! its like windows 98 but with better security, better USB and UPnP support and stuff like that

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Triton wrote:
Vista is far from being a turd. If you want a turd, look no further than Windows ME. Now that was a shameless money grab on Microsoft's part. Ugh!
I ran a slimmed down, minimal install (the os was <400mb IIRC) of windows ME on my lifebook (900mhz p3 256mb of ram) for 2 or 3 years without any significant problems whatsoever. it rarely crashed and only got unplesant to use after 2-3 years of rarely defragging, hundreds of improper shutdowns and poor general mantinance, that and the harddrive was failing! its like windows 98 but with better security, better USB and UPnP support and stuff like that
Wow... You had a far better experience with it than I did. I had a fresh install of it on a new computer for less than a month before it started blue screening and giving me kernel errors. I had barely even done anything with it either. This was fairly early on in ME's short life span though. I remember getting rid of it very quickly and putting either 2000 Pro or XP PRo on it and I never looked back.

At least now I know one person that had a good experience with Windows ME! :lol:

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:40 pm

jones wrote:At least now I know the one person that had a good experience with Windows ME! :lol:
FTFY
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:44 pm

jones wrote:
Triton wrote:
Wow... You had a far better experience with it than I did. I had a fresh install of it on a new computer for less than a month before it started blue screening and giving me kernel errors. I had barely even done anything with it either. This was fairly early on in ME's short life span though. I remember getting rid of it very quickly and putting either 2000 Pro or XP PRo on it and I never looked back.

At least now I know one person that had a good experience with Windows ME! :lol:
Windows ME eventually led to the death of my computer.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am

ill admit that it more or less crippled that 20gb hdd BUT the laptop AND the hdd are still working, albeit only 11gb of the hdd are still any good :lol:

J.D

Post by J.D » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:16 am

To be honest, I thought Windows 7 is a piece of snit.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:50 am

I'd rather kill myself than use my Windows ME PC ever again.

Luckily, I fried the power supply.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:16 am

I am using windows 7 right now, and its great, really snazy.

A couple questions though, any idea on how I can extend this taskbar to the second screen? Also, how do I set up the new hdd I just poped in?