Confirmed: New PSP in two weeks!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
Confirmed: New PSP in two weeks!

Post by HotDog-Cart » Fri May 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Hey guys. Theres a new PSP coming out.

Features include:

No UMD Drive,
and Compact Slide design where the controlls slide under the screen when not in use.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34376/How-wil ... he-new-PSP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check er out.

lazer_174300

Re: Confirmed: New PSP in two weeks!

Post by lazer_174300 » Fri May 22, 2009 4:49 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Hey guys. Theres a new PSP coming out.

Features include:

No UMD Drive,
and Compact Slide design where the controlls slide under the screen when not in use.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34376/How-wil ... he-new-PSP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check er out.
Awesome. Too bad it probably wont run CFW with a pandora battery since they can't get the 3001 to run it now. :/ That's why I still love 1001/2001. :D
We.herd.you.liek.over.9000.so.we.put.an.all.your.base.are.belong.to.us.in.yo.car.so.you.can.belong.to.shoop.da.whoop............. while you drive. withabaseballbat

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Fri May 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Crap. Need I say more? Instead of integrating improvements THAT PEOPLE WANT, like a touchscreen, or two sticks, or TV out that works, they make it download-games-only, and make it crappy and small.

Nah, I'm just pessimistic.

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Fri May 22, 2009 6:40 pm

pessimistic? more like realistic, remember the PSP 3000? its new and improved? features was a different home button and a crappier screen
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Fri May 22, 2009 7:11 pm

This new slide design is going to make the psp even MORE uncomfortable :roll:

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat May 23, 2009 12:14 am

No PSP will ever be "new". They're pretty damn old.
Hey, sup?

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sat May 23, 2009 8:45 am

I hope it's not a slide design... My thumb will be restricted by the screen when I hit UP and TRIANGLE.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sat May 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Aguiluz wrote:I hope it's not a slide design... My thumb will be restricted by the screen when I hit UP and TRIANGLE.
you know it will be. sony just couldnt stand the idea of people being able to use their stuff. while thier products are innovative and high quality, they just suck at making good interfaces.
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat May 23, 2009 7:58 pm

XCVG wrote:TV out that works, they make it download-games-only, and make it crappy and small.
TV-Out is fine on the 3000. :P It has component and composite, what more do you want from it?

Download only? Sign me up! Real games from big producers on PSP hardware in an Apple App store like enviroment would be awesome to the max, and I would love that. Why give half of your money to the people who make the boxes and ship the game? :(

Also, I want a 3.5" PSP. Or a 5" one.

And remember, I predict that Sony releases an SDK for homebrew people. Just watch, it will happen! It is pretty likely they will disable use of the 3d accelerator, though, to limit competition with commercial games.

Excellent

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:18 pm

palmertech wrote:It is pretty likely they will disable use of the 3d accelerator, though, to limit competition with commercial games.
then we would make hacked drivers or something :D
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat May 23, 2009 9:21 pm

Doubt it, Sony is pretty smart. :lol: I have a few devices that lack accelerator drivers, like my N800 and SmartQ 5 (In da mail), and believe me, if you cou :lol: ld whip them up, it would have happened. :(

This is all speculation, anyways. :wink:

Excellent

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 pm

palmertech wrote:Doubt it, Sony is pretty smart. :lol: I have a few devices that lack accelerator drivers, like my N800 and SmartQ 5 (In da mail), and believe me, if you cou :lol: ld whip them up, it would have happened. :(

This is all speculation, anyways. :wink:
the n8x0 series would probably have the drivers, if there was a larger following for them. they are just an omap2, so the drivers are out there. speaking of n8x0's, im loving it! :D

the psp, however, is probably an EE processor, so no go. :(
AfroLH wrote:

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sat May 23, 2009 10:01 pm

palmertech wrote:Why give half of your money to the people who make the boxes and ship the game? :(
Call me pessimistic but I expect absolutely no drop in game prices, except now you don't get a physical product. I could be wrong, though.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Zeturi
PSN Username:Zeturi_

Post by Zeturi » Sun May 24, 2009 12:01 am

Playing games off the memory card is better on the battery, though, which is why I got custom firmware on mine. Not to mention some fun apps for recording gameplay and taking screenshots.
If the system is download-only though, couldn't somebody just copy the games from his buddie's memory card onto his own? (Not that I'd do it or anything, but... worth mentioning.) :wink:
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Sun May 24, 2009 2:13 am

Life of Brian wrote:
palmertech wrote:Why give half of your money to the people who make the boxes and ship the game? :(
Call me pessimistic but I expect absolutely no drop in game prices, except now you don't get a physical product. I could be wrong, though.
Sounds like Steam: same price, no physical media or pretty artwork to look at. The advantage to this is that basically all of the money used to purchase the game becomes profit for the developers since they don't have to pay extra for said physical media/artwork. (This doesn't necessarily imply an advantage for you, the consumer, however.)

I think removing the UMD drive is stupid, myself. That's taking away more than a significant number of PSP titles, and I very much doubt they'll all make it to the online store for download.

Otherwise, cool beans. I look forward to finding out a bit more.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.