Confirmed: New PSP in two weeks!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Re: Confirmed: New PSP in two weeks!

Post by Kurt_ » Sun May 24, 2009 12:59 pm

This is clearly geared towards people who have never owned a PSP. And it's a little late for that, don't you think? I mean, nobody with games would buy this because it has no UMD drive to play the games they already have, they have to buy them again. The firmware will be as hack-proof as possible, so no hacker is going to buy this either.

I say it's one last stab at some money before they announce the PSP2
Hey, sup?

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun May 24, 2009 4:18 pm

How will this support UMD games and movies (who buys UMD movies anyway?!) people already have? Will there be some kind of download system? Will they let you use an older PSP to copy them to a memory stick? Or will they just pull a Nintendo and make you buy them again? :lol: :P

Why did they even bother with this? Seems like a waste to me.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sun May 24, 2009 7:55 pm

bicostp wrote:Why did they even bother with this? Seems like a waste to me.
its because people will buy it. they see it in stores and say "shiny!!!!!!!!! must have!" :roll:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Sun May 24, 2009 10:49 pm

samjc3 wrote: its because people will buy it. they see it in stores and say "shiny!!!!!!!!! must have!" :roll:
But they turn off buyers like me, who have the new and old PSP ever since they came out and they render their entire libary of games useless.

I agree Bicostp, this is a waste of money. Why does every single game company killing themselves? Nintendo started to appeal to little kids more than their usual gamers, and Sony has done this! I hope Microsoft doesn't kill itself as well.
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun May 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Do we have any concrete proof this is not a "PSP2" of sorts? Higher specs, etc? It would seem that if it were, they could get out of this whole mess, and while no backwards compatibility would kinda suck, Nintendo is really the only company to pull it off.

And Steam has sales, ya know. ;)

Excellent

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon May 25, 2009 11:14 am

I'd buy it for PSPSteam. :P If that existed.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 am

ShockSlayer wrote:I'd buy it for PSPSteam. :P If that existed.

SS
it might, if it gets uber hacked. and it will get hacked, it will just take awhile (probably. they thought the iphone would take a long time, and zibri did it in a day :lol: )
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 am

Just to clarify: Zibri did not do anything. At all. He used to be a member of the iphone dev team, then ran away with all the beta code, still full of glitches, and passed it off as his own work. Ever wondered why he never did anything else of importance? :wink:

Excellent

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:02 pm

palmertech wrote:Just to clarify: Zibri did not do anything. At all. He used to be a member of the iphone dev team, then ran away with all the beta code, still full of glitches, and passed it off as his own work. Ever wondered why he never did anything else of importance? :wink:
so thats why he is gone. i figured 1 day was really fast, but maybe someone will do the same from the sony dev team :P
AfroLH wrote:

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO

Post by GoldenfrankO » Mon May 25, 2009 3:43 pm

This isn't confirmed yet... There is no work about it on Sony's website, and there aren't any pictures yet.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm

GoldenfrankO wrote:This isn't confirmed yet... There is no work about it on Sony's website, and there aren't any pictures yet.
Yep, until I can walk into Walmart and buy one (or at least preorder/see an ad), I call crap.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Mon May 25, 2009 9:50 pm

DJ711 wrote: I agree Bicostp, this is a waste of money. Why does every single game company killing themselves? Nintendo started to appeal to little kids more than their usual gamers, and Sony has done this! I hope Microsoft doesn't kill itself as well.
Microsoft won't so much kill themselves as much as abandon consoles and push the PC more. Most likely. Then again they might keep pushing with the XBOX, though that is looking less and less likely. In my opinion the video game industry is dying. I'd say that PC is the future of gaming, but everyone knows how biased I am.
palmertech wrote:Do we have any concrete proof this is not a "PSP2" of sorts? Higher specs, etc? It would seem that if it were, they could get out of this whole mess, and while no backwards compatibility would kinda suck, Nintendo is really the only company to pull it off.

And Steam has sales, ya know. ;)
I doubt that it is a PSP2, that would have been ultra-hyped.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun May 31, 2009 2:16 pm

The internet says that the new PSP is called "PSP GO". And that, there will also be a PS3 slim.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/30/sony ... usly-a-go/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun May 31, 2009 2:45 pm

It's just another PSP Model, called PSP Go! It's ugly and I'm not buying it.

EDIT: Didn't see HD-C's post since he's on my ignore list :lol:

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sun May 31, 2009 2:49 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:And that, there will also be a PS3 slim.
*waits anxiously* :P
AfroLH wrote: