The Nokia N-Gage -VS- Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

In a battle to the bitter end, WHO WINS?

Nokia N-Gage
21%
Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine
79%

Total votes: 57

benol

Post by benol » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:55 am

benheck wrote:The Analytical Engine was never built, well I think one part was, the "Mill" or the printer or something.

I had an idea for an April Fool's Day portable, can't remember what it was... I don't think it was the Analytical Engine, damn, wish I could remember. It would have been funny. I think it required a backpack.

-Ben
You said a Sega Saturn portable would require a backpack in a podcast (I think it was Sonic Boom) once.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:08 am

benol wrote:
benheck wrote:The Analytical Engine was never built, well I think one part was, the "Mill" or the printer or something.

I had an idea for an April Fool's Day portable, can't remember what it was... I don't think it was the Analytical Engine, damn, wish I could remember. It would have been funny. I think it required a backpack.

-Ben
You said a Sega Saturn portable would require a backpack in a podcast (I think it was Sonic Boom) once.
I have a potable anylithical engine, and its solar powered with a led display... It's a algebraic CALACULATOR
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:10 pm

That's some great spelling :P

DK

Post by DK » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:12 pm

typamc95 wrote:
benol wrote:

-Ben
I have a potable anylithical engine, and its solar powered with a led display... It's a algebraic CALACULATOR
Lame joke, sorry, Babbage fan. And I think Babbage built a small version of it, which worked, but he decided to redesign it but ran out of money then died :(

Extreme_Jesus
Location: Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:26 pm

DK wrote:Lame joke, sorry, Babbage fan. And I think Babbage built a small version of it, which worked, but he decided to redesign it but ran out of money then died :(
He never finished the difference engine either, although he did design completely (they built a while ago and it worked). He gave up work on the Difference engine to design the Analytical Engine which was much more like a computer where as the difference Engine was just a Calculator

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:46 pm

I'd say the N-Gage would die a horrible death, good thing too becuase I don't like my tacos to be alvie when I eat them.