Damnit, Square Enix. Why again?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Mario
Re: Damnit, Square Enix. Why again?

Post by Mario » Wed May 13, 2009 7:35 pm

They made a ROM backup, I know it. They must have it.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed May 13, 2009 8:39 pm

So, could this company take the thing you guys made and port it to some current gen console, such as the 360? Could they legally do it, I mean.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu May 14, 2009 6:36 am

ValiantVenality wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:Their games are crap anyway, probably annoyed that someone might actually do something good with a series of their own for a change.
WOAH, woah, woah there. I'm just as mad as the next guy about them taking this game down, but you cant say that all of their games are crap. Do the Final Fantasy and the Kingdom Hearts series ring a bell?

VV
Yeah, FFIV and VI are probably the only two out of the amazing bunch, FF13 looks like it could be epic, but I don't rate SE that highly.

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Thu May 14, 2009 10:17 am

ValiantVenality wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:Their games are crap anyway, probably annoyed that someone might actually do something good with a series of their own for a change.
WOAH, woah, woah there. I'm just as mad as the next guy about them taking this game down, but you cant say that all of their games are crap. Do the Final Fantasy and the Kingdom Hearts series ring a bell?

VV
Yah they are crap. What are you going to do about it? Mash your keys on your keyboard harder?
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Thu May 14, 2009 12:14 pm

This whole SE thing is a load of bullcrap. If they wanted to kill the project, they should of done it long time ago.

Look, I'm a member on MFGG (Mario Fan Games Galaxy). Which is most likely one of, if not the biggest Mario Fan Game Site. And Is most likely the oldest surviving Mario Fan game site on the web. (And thats not including what MFGG was called before it changed names and stuff.) And we are heavily active. Some games that came out of MFGG from members have made their way into some mainstream media. Heck at one point, Charles Martinet the voice of Mario joined. So I'm pretty wel certain Nintendo knows of MFGG. But hasn't done anything about stopping us. Make me think Nintendo doesn't really care about fan gaming too much unless a person is going to try and make money off of it.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu May 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Excellent

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:49 pm

palmertech wrote:sad but true comic
its depressing. anything new on the avatar front?
someone should draw an artistic pic of you, that says palmertech in some cyrillic language! 8)
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Thu May 14, 2009 8:10 pm

The unabomber with a twisty stache and a santa hat. My next avatar, but you can take it. :D
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Thu May 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Here a frog for ya:

And it's not a derivative work. It came from a info page about frog anatomy I was using for school a while back. I decided to nab it since it look cool when I saw it.

J.D

Post by J.D » Thu May 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Damn. I loved Chrono Trigger. Those greedy Japanese (video game company) bastards. I should egg Nintendo when I go to Kyoto...

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:06 pm

J.D wrote:Damn. I loved Chrono Trigger. Those greedy Japanese (video game company) bastards. I should egg Nintendo when I go to Kyoto...
Holy crap man, your username is my initials! When I visit California this summer I'll be sure to visit Square Enix.
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Thu May 14, 2009 9:21 pm

J.D wrote:I should egg Nintendo when I go to Kyoto...
WTH, this has nothing to do with Nintendo excpet for being a rom hack of a snes game. This totally SE doing, not Nintendo's.

And did you see my post Mario fan games?

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Tue May 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Interesting update: Turns out that this entire mess is the fault of a gamefaqs user who made a bunch of email accounts and told SE that Crimson Echoes was hack of the DS ROM, and that they planned on selling it. SE, being the bunch of idiots they are, simply sent a C&D. The gamefaqs guy "did it for the lulz". :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hopefully, this can be reversed now. Not gonna get my hopes up, but apparently the main team has been contacted by Square, but is deleting anything outside the IRC channel that says so.

Excellent

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed May 20, 2009 12:30 pm

That's interesting...so this is result of a lone douchebag? If it can be reversed, awesome...and the person who started this mess should be hunted down and beaten with lobsters...and it can't...well...that person should still be hunted down and beaten with lobsters.

Hey, if you're still in the market for a new av....here you go!

..I was board :lol:
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Wed May 20, 2009 12:37 pm

I am hopeful about it being reversed, a BUNCH of posts on the forums are getting deleted, but from what I can gather in the IRC channel, it is because there may be a sort of "behind the scenes" agreement. SE wants to claim it protects its IP, but they can say they did, and just say under the table that they will not sue if it gets leaked via torrents, and just make some vague legal threats to the torrent sites. :P

Also, I am loving that avatar... Any way you could add in an epic cape? :lol:

Excellent