Pokémon Silver/Gold Getting DS Remakes

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

jjhammerstein
Pokémon Silver/Gold Getting DS Remakes

Post by jjhammerstein » Thu May 07, 2009 9:12 pm

AWESOME

Palmertech sent me this link, figured I'd post it.

Discuss: Awesomeness, Pokemon, Old Pokemon games that are awesome
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

Mario

Re: Pokémon Silver/Gold Getting DS Remakes

Post by Mario » Thu May 07, 2009 9:19 pm

jjhammerstein wrote:Old Pokemon games that are awesome
AKA All pkmn games for GBO

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu May 07, 2009 9:22 pm

What about Crystal? :wink:

Also, I just wanted to say (Even though nobody argued with me) that "I TOLD U SO!!1".

Behold, a quote from myself made exactly one month ago on this day:
palmertech wrote:
jjhammerstein wrote:I would love a G/S/C remake.
It WILL happen. If you take a look at the D/P/P ROMs, and the Pokemon Battle Revolution ISO, they all have full location data for pokemon traded from the Johto region, which they would only do if they were doing a remake (That is how people knew about Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green soon after Ruby and Saphire; The ROMs contained references to all of them, along with Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.

In addition, there are SO many references and cameos in the DS games. Jasmine, the gym leader in Olivine (The city on the other side of the Eastern Sea in Sinnoh) makes multiple appearances, and you get "SecretPotion", the medicine from the Ampharos sidequest in Gold and Silver, from her.

Then you have the fact that the ship that carries you to the various islands has hidden pointers in the ROM that point to Vermillion and Olivine, and you have a surefire deal. If they just wanted to cover all the bases for ALL regions (Like Hoenn), then they would have made lilycove city data. No dice, though.

Also, Lance, the dragon master from G/S/C, gets some mentions, and the red gyrados from G/S/C gets not only mentions, but is part of the opening intro video in D/P, and there is a red Gyrados event in the code for D/P/P. This seems a lot like how the "Far away island" event where you get Mew, used only in Emerald, is also in R/S.

I could mention all the little other hints, but most are nothing more than mentions/cameos from Johto. I only listed the ones that are significant.

Come on, Nintendo! Make a Pokemon Ranger style graphics remake of G/S/C, using the awesome power of the DSi! Hmm... Then again, maybe the DSi can actually handle decent looking 3D. In theory, it beats the PSP, but gets to render at a lower res.

@Eurddrue: You can basically rule out remakes of those games, Nintendo would not take the massive time and effort needed when they can make MORE money by releasing the VC versions of those games on the wii.

In addition, Rare is owned by Microsoft now. None of the Banjo games will ever come to Nintendo consoles because of that, so give up on that hope now. :(

Excellent

emeraldz
PSN Username:Ktiger41

Post by emeraldz » Thu May 07, 2009 9:28 pm

hmmm this seems to be full of awesome. now bring it on over to the USA. :D

I can remember way back in the day I bought gold and did nothing but play it excessively. Sadly the cart's battery is wank and doesn't save the game anymore. Sucks too I had 3 or 4 alternate color/shiny pokemon I found in the wild which are supa frikin rare....

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Thu May 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Awesome. 8) 8) 8) Planning on buying both of these, day one.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Thu May 07, 2009 9:50 pm

I hope that they aren't DSi only, then I would have to buy my third ds. :? But, now that I have an incentive, I will definitely be fixing my ds :D
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu May 07, 2009 10:31 pm

What about Yellow version Pokemans!!!? :lol:
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Biased

Post by Biased » Thu May 07, 2009 11:02 pm

I may buy a DS just for this. Gold and Silver were the best Pokemon games evar. They were full of greatly improved features over the original versions that weren't overdoing it, and had new Pokemon that weren't as ridiculous as they are today where they just keep making Pokemon and don't care about what they look like or what they're called simply because they need new ones for the new games and the new TV series.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Fri May 08, 2009 9:07 am

If these are DSi only I'm gonna send Nintendo some serious hatemail. I'm already pissed off at them about the Wii and 80% of DS games.

In any case, these look pretty great! But I've already started ShinyGold :(

IMO the best pokemon games was Gen 2.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Fri May 08, 2009 11:03 am

They are not DSi only, the official page says that the game is for Nintendo DS, an according to Nintendo, any games that are DSi only will say so very plainly.

Excellent

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Fri May 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Well I'll sure be downloading these on the release date. Silver Version still remains my favorite Pokemon game ever.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri May 08, 2009 3:09 pm

YES!

YES! I'VE BEEN WAITING!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zealot2009

Post by zealot2009 » Fri May 08, 2009 4:45 pm

@palmertech no a Banjo game can still come out for DS/DSL/DSI or any other nintendo handhelds. Nintendo still owns the handheld part of Rare because MS couldn't buy it as they have no handhelds.

Oh and YES THANK GOD
F**K YEAH NINTENDO MOST UBER POKEMON GAMES AGAIN WOOOOT

Zealot

limpport

Post by limpport » Fri May 08, 2009 6:16 pm

I made a bet with a friend 4 years ago in 8th grade that this would happen. Now they owe $20 (which is now worth $22.97). I'm sure there will be a rise in overclocked DS around the release date :wink:

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Sat May 09, 2009 5:36 am

My favite game when I was little, and even though I've grown I still love it. before all that gimicky crap they threw into generation 3 (for gods sake they call one Slacking!) I'd love to see them push some boundrys, like maybe a 3D battle system, Stadium always had good models for the hardware Although they lacked in the animation, hell even if for the first 251 they just ported them over I wouldn't complain (if they refined the animation and actually had fish flail on the ground instead of that stupid floaty thing they do).

For the sake of it I did some math;

A DS cart can currently store 256MB

Pokemon Stadium 2 is 46.77MB,
there are a little less than 500 pokemon,
now even though the game isn't entirely the models and animations lets use the full size for this sum and multiply it by two for those extra odd 250 pokemon.

So we're at 93.54MB

Now lets plus that to the size of Platinum;

126MB + 93.54 MB = 219.54MB

There it is, proof that a handheld 3D (not neccacarly out of battle, but whos complaining?) pokemon title is more than posible, if the models are too complicated, then they can be simplifyed for the DS, and even then the file size lowers.

But thats my opinion.