Pokémon Silver/Gold Getting DS Remakes

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

Negative_Creep

Re: Pokémon Silver/Gold Getting DS Remakes

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat May 09, 2009 6:35 am

Pokemon Stadium battles would be wicked, although with grinding sessions the process might get long and monotonous after a bit..

Imagine if the game ended up taking place in a 3D real world too.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sat May 09, 2009 12:29 pm

It would be sweet if they made it 3D. But pokemon has always been behind graphics-wise, so I doubt it. And 3D on the DS CAN look pretty good, just try GTA or CoD. Yes, 3D models would be nice.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat May 09, 2009 12:36 pm

I doubt they will change the battle system, but I really wish they would. I want a pseudo real-time battle system, where instead of the speed stat making the pokemon ALWAYS go first, it makes a small recharge bar go up. When the bar reaches the top, you make your move. The faster the pokemon/higher the level, the faster you would have to think about your next move, so it would scale throughout the game very well. The show has always been about who can use moves the faster to match their opponenet, and while an actual real-time battle system would suck, an attack bar based update would be lots of win.

That said, I really hope that they use the art style from the Pokemon Ranger games. They games may sorta suck, but the art direction is fantastic, and feels like what would have happened if they had not decided to use crap 3D for D/P/P. If you have not seen it, google it up, you will b e surprised.

Excellent

Biased

Post by Biased » Sat May 09, 2009 3:37 pm

I've been saying FOREVER that they need to re-engineer the Pokemon battle system and graphics. Being in full-action control of the Pokemon during the battle would be cool too but I always thought about how cool it would be for the attacks of different-element Pokemon to be executed differently, like with button strokes or timed sequences (certain moves would be executed with different combos). I also like the idea of two Pokemon of the same element or type being controlled the same way, but I suppose then that it wouldn't be too easy to master the control of all of the different types. Anyone agree (or have any idea what I mean)?

They also need to get rid of the random garbage game boy garbly noise for the Pokemon calls whenever you throw one out. How hard is it to have them act and sound during battle like they do in the anime?

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat May 09, 2009 4:03 pm

They had an interview about the sound thing, they said they do it so you can project your own pokemon onto the ones you have caught.

I was thinking: With my attack bar idea, you would have so many options. For example, you could attack right away, or wait a second till your opponent goes, then use it for a defensive move as fast as you can. It would make battles so much more dynamic. Also, I REALLY, REALLY want voice control. "Pikachu, I choose you! Use thunderbolt!"

Then, your opponent, who has wisely waited: "Charizard, use dig!"

:mrgreen:

Excellent

Crimson_X

Post by Crimson_X » Sat May 09, 2009 4:29 pm

I can't wait to get a whole team of typhlosions :D

Will they be released in America?
My Old Sig is to big now :(

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat May 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Probably October, 2010 for us.

Mark dem words. ;)

Excellent

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID: cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sun May 10, 2009 11:37 am

palmertech wrote:Probably October, 2010 for us.

Mark dem words. ;)
I read somewhere that it will be in August for the Japanese version and late March to May of 2010 for us. Just about the time I'll be graduating! :D

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun May 10, 2009 12:01 pm

The official release says Japan gets it this fall, with no mention of US release. :( My bet for that date is based on how long it took for us to get Diamond and Pearl, and another thing: They said this will be a 10th anniversary edition. It would seem likely that if they are matching up the Japanese release to the release 10 years ago, they will do the same for the US. :(

But please, prove me wrong! Where did you read that?

Excellent

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun May 10, 2009 1:02 pm

I think the button combo idea is dumb, but I like the attack bar and voice commands. Maybe give the pokemon some degree of AI but you can order them around with the microphone but they might not follow?

DK

Post by DK » Sun May 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Don't think it'll be 3d
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/10/first ... #continued" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun May 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Wow, those people are like "OMG look it's the same thing we've had before except for DS with notalotbetter graphics!"

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Well, they do work for Nintendo. :wink:

The REALLY sad thing is that they have no "standing" sprite for the Chikorita, so it is walking even when it should be standing. :lol: Obviously, the game is far, far from completion.

Excellent

Biased

Post by Biased » Sun May 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Another cool thing would be manipulation of environment and a use for switching Pokemon out instead of having a singular powerhouse starter. If you were on rock-hard ground and you wanted electric attacks to be more effective or useful at all it would be necessary to hit the ground or your enemy with a water attack, switch Pokemon, and then use an electric attack for the added damage.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun May 10, 2009 7:35 pm

There are so many cool ideas for Pokemon, but Nintendo probably won't risk it because it's the only thing that's making them any money.