Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

vomitsaw
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:36 pm

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by vomitsaw » Thu May 07, 2009 11:36 pm

nightwheel wrote:
vomitsaw wrote:Still waiting for some kind of official announcement from George.
Will this work: http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthrea ... post867590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nuh, already saw that. Need to know what transpired, what it means for DNF, et cetera. Gotta hear it from George. It's like I got hooked on one of those made-for-TV dramas or something, one that ran for 12 years and suddenly comes to a screeching halt. It's gonna bug me until they come out and say DNF is definitely dead or not. But I'm sure they're out getting sloshed right now. ...Time to play the waiting game.
Image

User avatar
project_failure
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by project_failure » Fri May 08, 2009 2:39 am

My child hood dream is dead. The gaming industry is dead to me. What next? is ID going to go down too?
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

User avatar
XCVG
Senior Member
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by XCVG » Fri May 08, 2009 9:04 am

project_failure wrote:My child hood dream is dead. The gaming industry is dead to me. What next? is ID going to go down too?
Nah, they're probably going to end up owned by Valve.

User avatar
robm
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Reynoldsburg. OH

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by robm » Fri May 08, 2009 3:07 pm

They already got own'd by Valve! :lol:

User avatar
Mario
Posts: 1383
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Sunny California

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by Mario » Fri May 08, 2009 6:17 pm

palmertech wrote:
wikipedia wrote:3D Realms was shut down on May 6, 2009 due to lack of funding. 2K Games, in response, stated that they still hold the publishing rights for Duke Nukem Forever, but they stated they were not funding the game.
We should all give money. :)
Image

User avatar
bicostp
Moderator
Posts: 10491
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:47 pm
Steam ID: bicostp
Location: Spamalot
Contact:

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by bicostp » Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 pm

We could probably buy 3D Realms if we all chipped in 20 bucks. (And we could use the change to buy GM! :lol:)

User avatar
ShockSlayer
Niblet 64
Posts: 5059
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: In my inbox.

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri May 08, 2009 6:55 pm

bicostp wrote:We could probably buy 3D Realms if we all chipped in 20 bucks. (And we could use the change to buy GM! :lol:)
:lol:

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
project_failure
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by project_failure » Sat May 09, 2009 1:18 am

ShockSlayer wrote:
bicostp wrote:We could probably buy 3D Realms if we all chipped in 20 bucks. (And we could use the change to buy GM! :lol:)
:lol:

SS
You guys are laughing. I'm seriously down for this. :|
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

User avatar
nightwheel
Senior Member
Posts: 2017
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:49 am
PSN Username: nightwheel
360 GamerTag: nightwheel94
Steam ID: nightwheel
Location: Kentucky, We are KFC
Contact:

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by nightwheel » Sat May 09, 2009 1:41 am

http://www.3drealms.com/news/2009/05/goodbye.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:cry:
Image

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

User avatar
ShockSlayer
Niblet 64
Posts: 5059
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: In my inbox.

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat May 09, 2009 8:04 am

project_failure wrote:
ShockSlayer wrote:
bicostp wrote:We could probably buy 3D Realms if we all chipped in 20 bucks. (And we could use the change to buy GM! :lol:)
:lol:

SS
You guys are laughing. I'm seriously down for this. :|
I was laughing at the GM joke...:P

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
DK
Posts: 1107
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:00 am
Location: None of your business pedo nerds

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by DK » Sat May 09, 2009 8:06 am

Wonder if they'll ever release the source code, maybe a few fans can try and finish it :)
Image

User avatar
Gump-in-space
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by Gump-in-space » Sat May 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Woah, when I saw the name of the topic, for a second I thought somebody had actually died because of the wording "along with its maker." That's too bad, I was kind of hoping they would pull through finally. Also, I laughed at the GM joke.
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

nevermind1534
Senior Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 pm
Steam ID: nevermind1534
Location: Detroit, MI
Contact:

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat May 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Gump-in-space wrote:Woah, when I saw the name of the topic, for a second I thought somebody had actually died because of the wording "along with its maker."
me too
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

User avatar
eurddrue
Senior Member
Posts: 2367
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch
Contact:

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by eurddrue » Sat May 09, 2009 2:27 pm

nevermind1534 wrote:
Gump-in-space wrote:Woah, when I saw the name of the topic, for a second I thought somebody had actually died because of the wording "along with its maker."
me too
Oh Em Geeee! ME TOO!
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

User avatar
palmertech
Senior Member
Posts: 3225
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:40 am
Location: California, land of the homeless and hippies
Contact:

Re: Duke Nuken Forever is officially dead, along with its maker.

Post by palmertech » Sat May 09, 2009 2:34 pm

eurddrue wrote:
nevermind1534 wrote:
Gump-in-space wrote:Woah, when I saw the name of the topic, for a second I thought somebody had actually died because of the wording "along with its maker."
me too
Oh Em Geeee! ME TOO!
+1 post count 4 me
Image

Excellent

Post Reply