Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
ghosstt
Senior Member
Posts: 1551
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:14 pm

Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by ghosstt » Sun May 03, 2009 5:13 pm

My friend thinks that WoW is the greatest game ever. Ok, that fine by me. But then he goes on about how its the most played game right now, but he won't understand that its not. I just want to show him something to prove him wrong. :lol:

ideas?

(and to keep this from being locked for blogging)

whats your most played game?

User avatar
xtrmgam3r360
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:20 pm

don't have any ideas for your argument but my most played game (on xfire) is FlyFF :D, But i've only had xfire for 2 years maybe (when we got rid of Dial-Up for DSL) and my PC sucks so I do most of my gaming on Consoles.

EDIT: after looking at Lifeisbetterwithketchup's post i realized my most played game (on any system or PC) is Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC :). I have several copies with over 60 hours on each. :mrgreen:
Last edited by xtrmgam3r360 on Sun May 03, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
argelfraster
Posts: 984
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by argelfraster » Sun May 03, 2009 5:29 pm

i read that solitaire is actually the most played game......ever.

User avatar
jjhammerstein
Senior Member
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Southern CT
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by jjhammerstein » Sun May 03, 2009 5:30 pm

I would actually argue that pocket pool is more played.
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO


Death09
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by Death09 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:36 pm

most played game ever?
You could say mario brothers since it sold more copies then there are wow players.

also Tic tac toe who has not played that

User avatar
lifeisbetterwithketchup
Senior Member
Posts: 2180
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:08 pm
Steam ID: lifeisbetterwithketchup
Location: Illinois. Whee.
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun May 03, 2009 5:47 pm

My most played game right now is Team Fortress 2. I don't play it a ton, but I've played for a few hours just about every week since I got it. Most played game ever? Pokemon Silver. :mrgreen:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Twilight Wolf
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 pm
PSN Username: MySegaSaturn
Location: Reno
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by Twilight Wolf » Sun May 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Another "Team Fortress 2" vote from me, but on the PS3... does that count?

If it's only PC games, then "Half-Life."
Image
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

User avatar
jjhammerstein
Senior Member
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Southern CT
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by jjhammerstein » Sun May 03, 2009 5:50 pm

No one got my joke. :(
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO


User avatar
ShockSlayer
Niblet 64
Posts: 5059
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: In my inbox.

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun May 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Probably Super Smash Bros Melee.

As far as your arguement goes, you should be able to easily present the Wii's sales, followed up with Wii sports(isn't it included with every wii?). Or some Xbox 360 title, like Halo or something.

I got the joke...:P

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Twilight Wolf
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 pm
PSN Username: MySegaSaturn
Location: Reno
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by Twilight Wolf » Sun May 03, 2009 5:54 pm

"Wii Sports" is included with every Wii... except for the ones in Japan, oddly enough. I think I remember reading that that was the best-selling game of all time because of that.
Image
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

User avatar
ghosstt
Senior Member
Posts: 1551
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:14 pm

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by ghosstt » Sun May 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Ya. His counter-arguement is that sales don't mean plays. (Which I don't understand at all) Wow only has 11.5 million in sales, but he's saying that RIGHT NOW, it's the most played game. (As in more people are playing it now) And he doesn't consider Solitaire, I already tried.

User avatar
vskid
Senior Member
Posts: 6314
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 am
Steam ID: vskid3
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by vskid » Sun May 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Does anyone know how to find out how many people are playing WoW at a given time? Would make it a lot easier to compare if we knew what we're comparing to. Halo 3 currently has about 180,000 players online, and games like Gears of War and COD probably have similar numbers.
Image

User avatar
AfroLH
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: Down da Baya
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by AfroLH » Sun May 03, 2009 6:36 pm

The Game is the Game with the Most players.

And also the most losers :?

User avatar
palmertech
Senior Member
Posts: 3225
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:40 am
Location: California, land of the homeless and hippies
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by palmertech » Sun May 03, 2009 7:25 pm

"WoW is the best game ever because it has the most players!"
Image

"So JUST because WoW has more players, you think it is the best game ever?"
Image

"Yes."
Image

"And you claim that the more people play it, the better it becomes?"
Image

"Precisely."
Image


"Did you know that the average WoW player spends 14 hours a week?"
Image

"Yes, of course."
Image


Did you know that Runescape has 8.5 million players, and they spend an average of 17 hours a week?"
Image

"Ha! So?! How does that fact infringe on the fact that WoW is best? It is still the most played!"
Image


"Ah, but you miss a large factor: Partially due to power levelers and hardcore players, and partially due to the powerleveling and gold farming market... There are an average of 1.4 accounts per player for WoW, and only 1.1 for Runescape!
Image


"Which means... Runescape is played more than WoW!"
Image


"BUT BUT BUT BUT... Runescape is FREE! IT DOES NOT COUNT!"
Image


"O RLY? Explain to me, then! How can a FREE game be more popular than WoW, where you have to hand over enough to buy a daily espresso?"
Image

"PPHSHSHHSHSHS! No! WoW is best! I cannot be wrong!"
Image


"Take that! Eat my debate skillz, WoWFag!"
Image

" :headexplodes: "
Image


"I aknowledge your superiority. Not only do you beat me in this pointless, prizeless battle of wits over an MMO, you are also far smarter than I could ever hope to be. In addition, you are more handsome and attractive to females than any other male. You are also not at all fat."
Image




That is what you do. You will win.
Image

Excellent

User avatar
AfroLH
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: Down da Baya
Contact:

Re: Help me win an argument! (and talk about this)

Post by AfroLH » Sun May 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Epic Win!
Last edited by Skyone on Sun May 03, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote humongous posts!

Post Reply