My A.D.D and Marijuana

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Negative_Creep
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: New Crack City
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:54 pm

Skyone wrote:
jperryss wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna use it, fine. But don't pretend that you've run out of options for dealing with your ADD and this is the ONLY thing that can help you.
Very true - it bothers the hell out of me when people use their alleged disabilities as excuses for everything but the reason why they can't beat said problem.
We get it, you don't like drugs. I heard Gio-Goi has a shirt that appeals to you.

User avatar
Kurt_
Portablizer
Posts: 5748
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:32 am
Steam ID: kurbert
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:57 pm

The effect of any drug varies from person to person. That's why you hear that huge list of side effects to viagra or some crap during commercials. Weed has a strange effect on me. Every time I smoke even one bowl, I lose my short term memory, time slows down (One time a sober friend was screwing with me and managed to make the clock in my car stand still for around two hours [my time]). It's not something that I could do in public without dying or something. :P

But hey, if you feel it helps your A.D.D., all the power to you. I suggest a low dosage, a hit or two before class, ONCE daily, and none on weekends. As with any drug, there is tolerance.

And with any drug, I highly recommend against taking it habitually. That's what causes problems. Use it responsibly.
Hey, sup?

User avatar
ValiantVenality
Portablizer
Posts: 655
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:31 pm
Location: Villa Park,California
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by ValiantVenality » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Alright. Heres another thing I'd like to mention. When I smoke, and buy it, I do NOT get like really "bomb ass stuff" as people would call it at my school. I get low grade stuff, which is pretty much called shwag at my school (and everywhere else too =P). I never buy weed, or smoke it just to get messed up. I only buy stuff that will keep me calm, and feeling good. Otherwise known as a headchange. Also, a friend was telling me another way to get high without smoking. You could make TCH pills and ingest them, and you will get the feeling for longer. It is fairly simple to make them, so I might consider trying that. But I would NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER buy TCH pills from somebody. They could be crack for all I know. I'm not that stupid.

@jperryss: Alright dude. No flame wars here. But you dont have to go putting words into my mouth. I was asking if it would be a viable solution to it. I'm not saying its the ONLY thing I could do, I was just asking if it could be an alternative to A.D.D pills. Thats all.

VV
Image

User avatar
Kurt_
Portablizer
Posts: 5748
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:32 am
Steam ID: kurbert
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Then make them. You can just eat weed, actually. That'd probably be a better option as far as medical use goes. It takes a little longer to kick in, but lasts for longer, and doesn't get you as high.

As far as THC extraction goes, google it, I'm sure there's plenty on the subject.
Hey, sup?

User avatar
demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:52 pm
PSN Username: ajsen1gma
Steam ID: demonofaj
Location: NYC (718)
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by demonofaj » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm not one to recommend drugs, but do what you need to if you feel right. Personally speaking, marijuana helped me out through a lot of my 'depressed' times; it helped me bond with my friends better I guess I can say, and took a lot of the pressure of work off. Medically speaking, smoking it is generally less harmful than cigarettes. Break down like this: cigarettes have tobacco, fiberglass and other chemicals for the flavor and such. Marijuana is well just marijuana, you're smoking a plant; sure your lungs can take a little hit, but as Triton said not to the extent of cigarettes. If you see that Marijuana is really aiding you through this, then by all means do it, and if health is a concern to you, invest in a vaporizer. Read up on this stuff, but just don't completely rely on drugs to escape your problems. Dependency can send you out of tune with reality.
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

User avatar
Kurt_
Portablizer
Posts: 5748
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:32 am
Steam ID: kurbert
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:03 pm

"fiberglass"

That right there tells me you're just regurgitating things you heard. They make pipes out of glass because it's the least harmful thing to make one out of.

Tobacco is just a plant too.
Hey, sup?

User avatar
demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:52 pm
PSN Username: ajsen1gma
Steam ID: demonofaj
Location: NYC (718)
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by demonofaj » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Kurt_ wrote:"fiberglass"

That right there tells me you're just regurgitating things you heard. They make pipes out of glass because it's the least harmful thing to make one out of.

Tobacco is just a plant too.
That right there also tells me you don't read up on your stuff. Besides the propaganda, cigarettes actually do have a lot of additives, besides plain tobacco. In Menthol cigarettes, tiny little shards of fiberglass are added to the filter, IIRC, to get a better taste/effect of the Menthol in them.

EDIT: OK apparently SNOPES proved this false, but either way there are tons of carcinogens in cigarettes.
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

jperryss
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:31 pm

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by jperryss » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:53 pm

ValiantVenality wrote:@jperryss: Alright dude. No flame wars here. But you dont have to go putting words into my mouth. I was asking if it would be a viable solution to it. I'm not saying its the ONLY thing I could do, I was just asking if it could be an alternative to A.D.D pills. Thats all.
VV
Fair enough, man. Hopefully your research on the matter extends beyond this message board.
Last edited by jperryss on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jperryss
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:31 pm

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by jperryss » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:58 pm

demonofaj wrote: That right there also tells me you don't read up on your stuff. Besides the propaganda, cigarettes actually do have a lot of additives, besides plain tobacco. In Menthol cigarettes, tiny little shards of fiberglass are added to the filter, IIRC, to get a better taste/effect of the Menthol in them.

EDIT: OK apparently SNOPES proved this false, but either way there are tons of carcinogens in cigarettes.
Yes. Tobacco is bad for you. But most (nearly all) manufactured cigarettes also have a ton of other crap added to the tobacco, which is also bad for you.

User avatar
AfroLH
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: Down da Baya
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by AfroLH » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Most people around where I live "Dip".

That stuff is nasty.

User avatar
themadhacker
Senior Member
Posts: 2670
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: ohio

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by themadhacker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Where is cennar?

This would be a perfect time for him to pop in.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

User avatar
samjc3
Posts: 1086
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:05 pm
Steam ID: samjc3
Location: burning and pillaging!!

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by samjc3 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:59 pm

themadhacker wrote:Where is cennar?

This would be a perfect time for him to pop in.
indeed.

and as far as pot causing schizofrenia, what would that do to me? (i am already a schizofrenic :( ) would my two personas split into four, or what?

as for weed, i dont do it, but i dont care if you do it :?
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

User avatar
Triton
Moderator
Posts: 7396
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:33 pm
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by Triton » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Actually, smoking cannabis at a young age can lead to memory problems, but thats only in between 10 to 15 years old.
short term effects on memory are reduced encoding ability (This is why your memories of things you did when you got high are vague and fuzzy) memory retention (you forget things quickly) and short term memory, most of these effects fade after your not high anymore and at most last a couple weeks, there is generally only longterm damage if you are a long time heavy smoker.

as always if your going to do something, do it in moderation. small quantities (1-2 hits) would be enough to take the edge off so to speak, and make your ADD (and ADHD) less aparent, but in some people (like one of my friends) it just makes him more hyper :lol: of course its not gonna do you ANY good if you smoke yourself into a stupor XD

User avatar
demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 2553
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:52 pm
PSN Username: ajsen1gma
Steam ID: demonofaj
Location: NYC (718)
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by demonofaj » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Triton wrote:
Actually, smoking cannabis at a young age can lead to memory problems, but thats only in between 10 to 15 years old.
short term effects on memory are reduced encoding ability (This is why your memories of things you did when you got high are vague and fuzzy) memory retention (you forget things quickly) and short term memory, most of these effects fade after your not high anymore and at most last a couple weeks, there is generally only longterm damage if you are a long time heavy smoker.

as always if your going to do something, do it in moderation. small quantities (1-2 hits) would be enough to take the edge off so to speak, and make your ADD (and ADHD) less aparent, but in some people (like one of my friends) it just makes him more hyper :lol: of course its not gonna do you ANY good if you smoke yourself into a stupor XD
Personally, no one should be smoking weed at age 11. There comes a point, IMO HIGHSCHOOL, where you think you need it to breeze off some problems, but it's all personal preference, but like I said it's up to you. Marijuana pretty much enhances your senses, and why would you take 1-2 hits? That's dumb, you need like a dime to get the effects of the cannabis and I'm pretty sure this topic is about to get locked for being gray areaish :X
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

User avatar
Kurt_
Portablizer
Posts: 5748
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:32 am
Steam ID: kurbert
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:34 pm

In Canada there isn't anyone who doesn't get high.

No, I kid, but a large percentage of us do.
Hey, sup?

Post Reply