My A.D.D and Marijuana

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

AfroLH
Re: My A.D.D and Marijuana

Post by AfroLH » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Skyone wrote:100% drug-free here. in b4 CAFFEINE, IBUPROFEN, etc. I don't use drugs. :P

I've found anything that drugs can give me, I can simulate without them.
I-Doser?

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:02 pm

AfroLH wrote:
Skyone wrote:100% drug-free here. in b4 CAFFEINE, IBUPROFEN, etc. I don't use drugs. :P

I've found anything that drugs can give me, I can simulate without them.
I-Doser?
I'm a firm believer that any binaural beats are complete crap, and that any effects that are received are simply in one's head. That being said, the mind is indeed a powerful thing. :P

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Heh, just make sure you know what your doing. My grandma was doing "medical" mary jane for quite a while, and now she's dead. (It's ok, she was crazy from all of her years of smoking, and I still have two more gmas to send me birthday money ;) )
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 pm

+1 to coffee as cure for everything.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Not to fuel anything here, but according to a reliable source, vaporizers are better than smoking. It there are any beneficial properties to be had, then smoking it isn't the best way to use it. Most doctors have begun prescribing the THC in pill form.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:15 pm

weaponepsilon wrote:Not to fuel anything here, but according to a reliable source, vaporizers are better than smoking. It there are any beneficial properties to be had, then smoking it isn't the best way to use it. Most doctors have begun prescribing the THC in pill form.
Source: Manswers?

jperryss

Post by jperryss » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:34 pm

weaponepsilon wrote:Not to fuel anything here, but according to a reliable source, vaporizers are better than smoking. It there are any beneficial properties to be had, then smoking it isn't the best way to use it. Most doctors have begun prescribing the THC in pill form.
I hear brownies work also. :mrgreen:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 pm

It's ok, she was crazy from all of her years of smoking
thats a load of crap. smoking weed doesnt make you crazy even if you are a long term chronic(no pun intended) smoker.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Triton wrote:
thats a load of crap. smoking weed doesnt make you crazy even if you are a long term chronic(no pun intended) smoker.
Naw, but she would start to ramble on about things from the '60s all of the time. She always lived alone after my grandpa, I don't really know what happened to my grandpa, but all I know is she lived a lone for a loooong time, and smoked pot lots. :mrgreen: so in a sense, she was crazy from living alone and talking to her cats all day while she smoked weed.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

jperryss

Post by jperryss » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 pm

To the OP:

The fact of the matter is this: If you were told that smoking crack would help you with your ADD, would you try it? Probably not. But you've probably found that pot is 'acceptable', easy to get, and enjoyable to use. That does not make it the best method of dealing with your ADD.

Anyway...
ValiantVenality wrote:Do you think this is an alternative to taking DANGEROUS A.D.D pills?
If you're gonna word it that way, you might as well just come right out and say:
"I've found a good excuse to justify my use of marijuana, please back me up!"
Seriously, if you're gonna use it, fine. But don't pretend that you've run out of options for dealing with your ADD and this is the ONLY thing that can help you.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm

jperryss wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna use it, fine. But don't pretend that you've run out of options for dealing with your ADD and this is the ONLY thing that can help you.
Very true - it bothers the hell out of me when people use their alleged disabilities as excuses for everything but the reason why they can't beat said problem.

DK

Post by DK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:55 pm

Triton wrote:
Actually, smoking cannabis at a young age can lead to memory problems, but thats only in between 10 to 15 years old. And there is correlation between schizofrenia and high levels of cannavis use. This may be due to the effects of the cannabis or the fact that cannabis attracts people who are more prone to schizofrenia.

Arrow-->

Post by Arrow--> » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:19 pm

eurddrue wrote:... and I still have two more gmas to send me birthday money ;) )
That's not shallow at all

Erlex
Steam ID:Pelican417

Post by Erlex » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:29 pm

DK wrote:Actually, smoking cannabis at a young age can lead to memory problems, but thats only in between 10 to 15 years old. And there is correlation between schizofrenia and high levels of cannavis use. This may be due to the effects of the cannabis or the fact that cannabis attracts people who are more prone to schizofrenia.
There is really no proof of that. Every study will say something different.
I guess on the subject of helping ADD, sounds like a stretch, but whatever works. Just be careful, I have seen several of my friends go to rehab because of hard drugs. They all started on weed and wanted to get more high. Just smoke responsibly and don't be a statistic!

nitro2k01

Post by nitro2k01 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Triton wrote:
Smoking weed doesn't make you crazy out of the blue, but if you have a psychotic or other tendencies, weed (Or any other psychoactive substance) can be the difference between (relatively) sane and crazy. And as it seems, people with thse tendencies tend to seek to drugs for relief.
My blog
ASM Retro <- Gameboy Classic Backlight

Being the sadistic bastard I am, I have covered Frog's left eye with a Santa hat.

Last edited by nitro2k01 tomorrow, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total