What does your Username mean?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Taiben
Re: What does your Username mean?

Post by Taiben » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 pm

DJ711 wrote:That's a pretty cool story. As a writer myself I've never thought of that. What kind of stories does he write?
Only works with some names though. Our friend Amy got stuck with Yam. lol

Mostly medieval fantasy but I think the next storyline is gonna be more cyberpunk apocalypse themed.
copulate all you goddamn smartasses.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Samuel Joseph Councilman
Samjc
The 3 was random.

Samjc3. Its got a nice ring 8)
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Taiben wrote:
DJ711 wrote:That's a pretty cool story. As a writer myself I've never thought of that. What kind of stories does he write?
Only works with some names though. Our friend Amy got stuck with Yam. lol

Mostly medieval fantasy but I think the next storyline is gonna be more cyberpunk apocalypse themed.
Ah I write espionage, horror, and Vigilante novels. Tell him to pick up a copy of writers market novels and short story edition it will help him get published
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

mmoshkowich
PSN Username:mikedacat

Post by mmoshkowich » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:49 pm

my whole family uses there first initial and part of our last name so
ex: Michael Moshkowich
mmoshkow
but mmoshkow seemed to short and sounded stupid so I just put my whole last name.

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Another upside to my username is that Afro starts with an A and so does my first Name
So every one of my Initials is capitilised in my username

AfroLH

sgtpepper

Post by sgtpepper » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:50 pm

DJ711 wrote:I'm also wondering how you have 400 more posts than me. Am I really that inactive?
You think that's ridiculous? I've been here 3 years and he has more posts than me :P
 My iBook's modded logo!
Jobs vs Gates Google Fight!

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 pm

sgtpepper wrote:
DJ711 wrote:I'm also wondering how you have 400 more posts than me. Am I really that inactive?
You think that's ridiculous? I've been here 3 years and he has more posts than me :P
Really? wow.
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

Squalid
360 GamerTag:squalid9

Post by Squalid » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:59 am

sgtpepper wrote:
YOU think THATS ridiculous? I've been here 4 years and everyone's got more posts than me!

:)

EDIT: oh and my username came from a videotape box of a Bottom Live video "Sick, Squalid and Funny" was one of the reviewers...review.

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:01 am

My friends brother used to call me General Nonsense and so the Nonsense thing has kinda stuck so I use some form of nonsense for forums and games.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:26 am

My first name is Brian, and there is a Monty Python movie called "Life of Brian". Simple enough. Since portablizing has become my hobby/obsession, it seemed pretty appropriate.

However, many of you young 'uns don't realize that my current username isn't the one I joined the forums with. My original name was joedog86, which was a username that I came up with for my very first email account back in '98. I had a dog named Joe, and I was born in '86 - I know, not very creative. However, Joe died a while back and I requested the name to be changed. I've ceased using that name for anything new I sign up for. I haven't changed it for my Instructables or YouTube accounts because I'd lose content that I posted.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:23 am

samjc3 wrote:Samuel Joseph Councilman
Samjc
The 3 was random.

Samjc3. Its got a nice ring 8)
What an awesome last name.
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:25 am

Life of Brian wrote:My first name is Brian, and there is a Monty Python movie called "Life of Brian". Simple enough. Since portablizing has become my hobby/obsession, it seemed pretty appropriate.

However, many of you young 'uns don't realize that my current username isn't the one I joined the forums with. My original name was joedog86, which was a username that I came up with for my very first email account back in '98. I had a dog named Joe, and I was born in '86 - I know, not very creative. However, Joe died a while back and I requested the name to be changed. I've ceased using that name for anything new I sign up for. I haven't changed it for my Instructables or YouTube accounts because I'd lose content that I posted.
I knew you were joedawg because it was your youtube account.
Which also is what got me into portablizing :mrgreen:

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:20 am

Tibia, the original Latin word, has two meanings: shinbone and flute. I collect bones and skeletons, and I've been playing the flute for about 18-19 years. It's also a type of pipe that's common to most pipe organs, and I am a huge pipe organ freak. I've also got a fair bit of fluency in ecclesiastical Latin. Unfortunately, it's not enough of a vocabulary to really converse in.
Last edited by Tibia on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 am

Tibia wrote:Tibia, the original Latin word, has two meanings: shinbone and flute. I collect bones and skeletons, and I've been playing the flute for about 18-19 years. It's also a type of pipe that's common to most pipe organs, and I am a huge pipe organ freak.
Did you know it is also the name of an RPG?

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:25 am

I'd heard that it was, but I don't do much on-line gaming. I think I checked it out once and signed up for an account, but it didn't really interest me.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.