Warning of Possible Uber-Loser who may come here and spam

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benheck
Site Admin
Warning of Possible Uber-Loser who may come here and spam

Post by benheck » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:44 am

Folks, I just did something I rarely ever do: I sent a scathing email of utter hate and anger to a potential buyer.

First this guy was named Tom Keeley and wanted to buy my PS2p. He said he sent the money (which never arrived) then started saying I stole it and mentioned legal action. Then, he said "well, if it took it OK, but maybe I could buy it for a lower price"

At that point I told him to shove off. Now he comes back as Lenny James and says he wants to buy the thing because his son has cancer and the medical bills are piling up. He uses this to my symphathy (what little I have) to get me to lower the price. He even tries to get me to send it without payment, which I refuse.

Upon sending the Paypal it's his old name Tom Keeley. Pissed beyond imagine, I emailed him saying (in nothing resembling kind terms) what a loser he ways.

Not only has he wasted my time AGAIN but a friend of mine's mom just died of cancer so when people MAKE UP BS about cancer to try and con me... well... it makes me "shakey and want to punch something" mad. REAL MAD.

So if this guy comes on the boards to troll/spam/say I suck, shut him down HARD. He deserves it. Show no mercy.

Just a warning.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:51 am

That sucks, trying to run a small business and having to deal with an ass hole like that.
Reminds me of the time i was at the gas station, and an old man comes in saying "Hey! that gas was half that price a year ago, I wanna speak to your manager" "The manager isnt here, the prices arent under my control" "this is outrageous, those are outrageous prices!" "i have no control over them sir.", and the guy just runs out. The nerve of some people.

MajorLag

Post by MajorLag » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:04 am

But soundwave, the gas prices ARE outrageous. I mean, at least theres some truth there, unlike Ben's situation, right?
Warrenties were meant to be voided

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:08 am

My point was the old geezer was yelling at the clerk, who had no control over the prices.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:51 pm

hmmm... I think I know who this is. He's been AIMing others before. If you want, we can really take him hard. Just give us his email :twisted:
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:03 pm

Yep, just pm the email to someone and we'll take care of the jerk... :twisted:
Though it sucks that this guy is going after you Ben. :|

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:11 pm

hmm... sucks a lot. I've had a few people do things similar as far as buying things go (I've even had a few people try and convince me that the only way they could send payment to me with paypal was for me to add their email to my account :roll: ), but none have gone lied about something like that.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:14 pm

HK-47 wrote:Yep, just pm the email to someone and we'll take care of the jerk... :twisted:
Why someone, what did he do special :lol:

Sorry, had to throw that in, lets throw some humour into a dark, sadistic noob post (ben aint the noob, the spammer is)

talking about throwing stuff, lets throw abuse at this dumb uber-loser

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

HK-47

Post by HK-47 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:19 pm

Unidentified Assilant wrote:
HK-47 wrote:Yep, just pm the email to someone and we'll take care of the jerk... :twisted:
Why someone, what did he do special :lol:

Sorry, had to throw that in, lets throw some humour into a dark, sadistic noob post (ben aint the noob, the spammer is)

talking about throwing stuff, lets throw abuse at this dumb uber-loser
Death to the someone jokes! :P :twisted:

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:23 pm

I think one of the admins should change someones name! Then they're won't be these jokes :)

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

MM007

Post by MM007 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:30 pm

I was just AIMed last night by a person who wanted to build a PS2p on his own...but his name was Carlos, and he actually sent me pics of his unit.

I don't THINK it's the same person...
Warranty-Voiding fun!

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:43 pm

I don't want people going AFTER him (that'd be harassment), but if he shows up here to "get revenge" then he's fair game.

It's not usually a good idea to send nasty emails to people, especially when you're public like me, but he's earned it. So I'm just covering my bases in regards to what he might pull.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:57 pm

benheckc wrote:I don't want people going AFTER him (that'd be harassment), but if he shows up here to "get revenge" then he's fair game.

It's not usually a good idea to send nasty emails to people, especially when you're public like me, but he's earned it. So I'm just covering my bases in regards to what he might pull.
It's not us that email him, it's people that spam already :twisted:

Anyway, do the IP addresses match the person that started this thread, along with others just like it at the same time?
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:10 pm

Man, Ben. That story is, well, enraging! I lost my grandmother to cancer about 3 years ago, and I do not take kindly to it when people use it as an excuse for free stuff. :(

As for this guy, just give the mods and admins the IP address so we can ban this guy (after the appropriate flaming, of course.) :wink:

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:18 pm

that guy sounds like a Guy i dealt with on Ebay i was sellin my old Track Shoes (they were only used twice due to ineligablity) and some guy said i stole them from him and siad he would contact the athorites if i didnt give them back.
i shut him up when I asked what school he went to and it was out of our district.

oh that guy is a Magit (IM me if you want to know what that means) about lying about cancer, cancer is nothing to lie about my aunt died from cancer
also AIDS isnt ether my uncle died from AIDS to.