Pet Peeves!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

themadhacker
Re: Pet Peeves!

Post by themadhacker » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:47 am

vskid wrote: Now pet peeves:
People that read books or text as they walk, especially the ones that can barely walk normally.
Heh. I have a funny story about that actually. My stupid cousin texts all the time. So one day she gets bad poison ivy all over the face and has to go to the urgent care center. My mom asks here what heppened, and apparently my cousin was walking while texting, and not paying attention to anything around her. She then walks into a tree with a big thick poison ivy vine on it. The vine brushes her face, making it the stupidest case of poison ivy ever.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:30 am

themadhacker wrote:
People that read books or text as they walk, especially the ones that can barely walk normally.
Heh. I have a funny story about that actually. My stupid cousin texts all the time. So one day she gets bad poison ivy all over the face and has to go to the urgent care center. My mom asks here what heppened, and apparently my cousin was walking while texting, and not paying attention to anything around her. She then walks into a tree with a big thick poison ivy vine on it. The vine brushes her face, making it the stupidest case of poison ivy ever.
I've got a younger sister that always texts while walking from where her school bus drops her off to our house. Half the time, she's texting someone who was on the bus with her, just a few moments beforehand. >_> I'm sure this sort of thing has been addressed in this behemoth thread already so I will not rant on it, but this is why I don't like texting.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:06 am

Squintus wrote:
themadhacker wrote:
I've got a younger sister that always texts while walking from where her school bus drops her off to our house. Half the time, she's texting someone who was on the bus with her, just a few moments beforehand. >_> I'm sure this sort of thing has been addressed in this behemoth thread already so I will not rant on it, but this is why I don't like texting.
one of my acquaintance's was texting while walking. she walked into the flag pole and broke her nose. now i laugh every time i see her :mrgreen:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 pm

I don't like people who think that there's something wrong with being a nerd/geek/dork/etc. Look, I'm nerdy, I'm a geek, I like my computer, get over it. I don't tease you about liking skateboarding (much).

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:32 pm

XCVG wrote:I don't like people who think that there's something wrong with being a nerd/geek/dork/etc. Look, I'm nerdy, I'm a geek, I like my computer, get over it. I don't tease you about liking skateboarding (much).
what's wrong with being a skater??
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:10 am

eurddrue wrote:
XCVG wrote:I don't like people who think that there's something wrong with being a nerd/geek/dork/etc. Look, I'm nerdy, I'm a geek, I like my computer, get over it. I don't tease you about liking skateboarding (much).
It's a little out now isn't it? Over here only the real diehards still bother with it, I used to but gave it up years ago.

Still on the subject, I must now find a reason why Topshop sold shirts that I said I Love Nerds, they must of been taking the piss. Yeah I think they were :P

One more thing I don't like, is people who constantly rant about everything, like you talk to them and they are just generally negative about everything, should lighten up a bit imo, especially people who just randomly attack things for like no reason, like "lollol thats crap why do you bother lololol", when nobody asks, and no, thats not in anyones direction here lol

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:44 am

Negative_Creep wrote:
eurddrue wrote:
It's a little out now isn't it?
Not in my town, here we're about a year behind everybody.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:00 am

Find me a place where the trends are 7 or 8 years behind, I want to go play some pokemon cards. :lol:

Excellent

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:07 am

There's still some kids that still play yu-gi-oh in my camp. Granted one of them thinks he is a super sayian...

I think I just killed my main argument
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:10 am

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:20 pm

palmertech wrote:Find me a place where the trends are 7 or 8 years behind, I want to go play some pokemon cards. :lol:
meh, look up Richey Montana. They are 10x behind us. Most of them are...a different way.
wallydawg wrote:

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am

Negative_Creep wrote:
eurddrue wrote:
It's a little out now isn't it? Over here only the real diehards still bother with it, I used to but gave it up years ago.
The hypes dide dwon, but were still out there :wink:

I hate kids, i cant stand them. Epecially ones who act tough and mouth off 'cos they're 'ard' when in reality they're half my height and if it wasnt for the police id gladly stomp them into the ground.

People who say 'sax-a-ma-phone' when they find out i play sax. Seriously getting old now people, its a saxophone.

People who ask questions about my hair

Small minded people who fear and mock anything thats even slightly different from them

This is a weird one, but i cant stand flourescent blue light used to illuminate things, to me its like they've gone "how can we make it look futuristic and cool? i know, blue light!" gah, failing species. But i do like bluey white light, so dont worry it confuses me too :lol:

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:03 pm

What's wrong with your hair?
Is your hair a weird colour?
Why is it all spikey like that?
Why did you do that?
You know your hair isn't normal, right?

???
Small minded people who fear and mock anything thats even slightly different from them
I actually like this. People leave you alone, don't mess with you (or even make eye contact unless they're really bold), and are generally good-natured towards you. Besides, it's one less thing for YOU to fear.
Last edited by Kurt_ on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, sup?

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Remove those " 's at once! :P
that guy whose name escapes me wrote: Especially ones who act tough and mouth off 'cos they're 'ard' when in reality they're half my height and if it wasn't for the police I'd gladly stomp them into the ground.
Agreed.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:57 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:Remove those " 's at once! :P
that guy whose name escapes me wrote: Especially ones who act tough and mouth off 'cos they're 'ard' when in reality they're half my height and if it wasn't for the police I'd gladly stomp them into the ground.
Agreed.

SS
I always used to do that, until this year I got my ass kicked by a senior :( Haven't done it since. That was a major blow to my confidence. I went from the top of mount everest, to the plains of crappy, starving ethiopia.
wallydawg wrote: