Pet Peeves!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

themadhacker
Re: Pet Peeves!

Post by themadhacker » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:57 pm

That. Right there. What a totally stupid way to discriminate. Who the hell cares? Let them believe what they want to believe. Yes, there is a vocal MINORITY that is less than one percent who make us all look bad. I am so frigging sick of the automatic prejudice against every damn religion under the sun, though. Let people have their beliefs, and quit judging them because crap LOUDMOUTHS THAT YOU WOULD HATE WHETHER THEY WERE RELIGIOUS OR NOT cant shut their yaps.

I could not at all have worded what you said right there any better myself. that reminds me. you seem to act a lot like me at times. That is why you are one of my friends here.

I think that I now hate jjhammerstein for hating religious people. What you said, jj, really offended me, especially since I am a religious person.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:04 pm

This is why I do not talk about religion on the internet much. All it does it make people hate you, or make people like you for the wrong reasons.

Excellent

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:11 pm

Tibia wrote:
jjhammerstein wrote:I hate religious people.
That. Right there. What a totally stupid way to discriminate. Who the hell cares? Let them believe what they want to believe. Yes, there is a vocal MINORITY that is less than one percent who make us all look bad. I am so frigging sick of the automatic prejudice against every damn religion under the sun, though. Let people have their beliefs, and quit judging them because crap LOUDMOUTHS THAT YOU WOULD HATE WHETHER THEY WERE RELIGIOUS OR NOT cant shut their yaps.

Man, I was kidding about the jews. Lighten up! :wink:

And many wars were fought solely over who's religion is right. I hate all religions. (Not the jews, though, they're people.) I strongly believe religion leads to war. It has happened MANY times during the past. Here's a few from history (I'm techincally a catholic, so my knowledge lies there): Christians vs. Romans, Christians vs. Muslims, Christians vs Jews/Muslims/Minorities (WWII), Muslims vs. Hindu... should I go on?

Some may argue that religion does more good than bad, to which I argue: People are both innately good and innately evil, some are born with a larger intent to do good. These people, with or without religion, will find that helping others makes them feel all fuzzy inside, and will find their own individual way of life that is equally satisfying, and possibly better than a mass-religion.

------------

More off-topic now:

Why?
- The church was warped by a lust for power centuries ago.
-The church needs money to run. No matter how much they say they donate, they NEED this to pay taxes on their large church lots, food and entertainment for the priests, etc, etc.
- They tell you to believe what they feel is right, not what YOU feel is right. A prime example: The pope telling Africans with aids not to use condoms. Which brings up another point
- The pope is no longer infallible. It used to be that anything he said regarding doctrines and such was absolutely 100% right, straight from God. Like hell.

Finding your own inner peace does not require money to survive, is never warped by anything but your own thoughts and feelings, is always 100% agreeable with you, and can truly bring you peace, without making yourself blind to the things that go on around you.

That's what I believe religion is. Blinders to the real world. Things like "When you die, you go to a place where everything's happy-la-la, and everything's great.", and "If you're not Catholic, you're going to suffer for eternity after you die". I don't think Jesus ever said that second one. My inner-beliefs are that when you die, you decompose. That's it. The human is a network of billions of individual organisms, that all rely on each other symbiotically. When a human dies, his consciousness dies. What makes him human becomes null and void. So my belief is that you should make the most of your life while you're alive, and not sit around waiting until you die.
Hey, sup?

AfroLH

Post by AfroLH » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:15 pm

tl:dr

jackfb13

Post by jackfb13 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 pm

Kurt_ wrote:
Tibia wrote:
jjhammerstein wrote:I hate religious people.

Man, I was kidding about the jews. Lighten up! :wink:

And many wars were fought solely over who's religion is right. I hate all religions. (Not the jews, though, they're people.) I strongly believe religion leads to war. It has happened MANY times during the past. Here's a few from history (I'm techincally a catholic, so my knowledge lies there): Christians vs. Romans, Christians vs. Muslims, Christians vs Jews/Muslims/Minorities (WWII), Muslims vs. Hindu... should I go on?

Some may argue that religion does more good than bad, to which I argue: People are both innately good and innately evil, some are born with a larger intent to do good. These people, with or without religion, will find that helping others makes them feel all fuzzy inside, and will find their own individual way of life that is equally satisfying, and possibly better than a mass-religion.

------------

More off-topic now:

Why?
- The church was warped by a lust for power centuries ago.
-The church needs money to run. No matter how much they say they donate, they NEED this to pay taxes on their large church lots, food and entertainment for the priests, etc, etc.
- They tell you to believe what they feel is right, not what YOU feel is right. A prime example: The pope telling Africans with aids not to use condoms. Which brings up another point
- The pope is no longer infallible. It used to be that anything he said regarding doctrines and such was absolutely 100% right, straight from God. Like hell.

Finding your own inner peace does not require money to survive, is never warped by anything but your own thoughts and feelings, is always 100% agreeable with you, and can truly bring you peace, without making yourself blind to the things that go on around you.

That's what I believe religion is. Blinders to the real world. Things like "When you die, you go to a place where everything's happy-la-la, and everything's great.", and "If you're not Catholic, you're going to suffer for eternity after you die". I don't think Jesus ever said that second one. My inner-beliefs are that when you die, you decompose. That's it. The human is a network of billions of individual organisms, that all rely on each other symbiotically. When a human dies, his consciousness dies. What makes him human becomes null and void. So my belief is that you should make the most of your life while you're alive, and not sit around waiting until you die.
Wow...
My thoughts exactly.

Add to my list, people who are religious only not to go to "hell".

Shoot me an invite!

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:11 pm

I hate it when people post there afternoon projects crap in the news.
I hate people who act like they're better than everybody else, on internet message boards :roll:
I hate it when people say "peoples" instead of people.
I have a bunch more.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:24 pm

People who don't understand audio quality. Examples:

People who listen to their music with one earbud even when alone.
People who only own earbuds.
People who own bad headphones (Skullcandy, I'm looking at you here)
People who listen to their music from their cheap T-mobile crap through the distorted speaker from their belt holster.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:33 pm

People who can't write "you're" but only your, among other things.

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm Brian, and I'm a grammar nazi :( (Hi, Brian)
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:37 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:People who can't write "you're" but only your, among other things.

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm Brian, and I'm a grammar nazi :( (Hi, Brian)
Hello Brian, I'm Jared. I am a puctuation nazi and maybe your worst enemy when my brain stops functioning later at night.

Edit: I caught that just in time; if you didn't see it don't worry about it
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

Taiben

Post by Taiben » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:42 pm

Wow. So much hatred here. Why cant you guys just let people do their own thing? No one wants anyone to believe in something they don't they just don't want to be hated because of it. Hating someone because of something they quietly belive is stupid. :?
copulate all you goddamn smartasses.

jleemero

Post by jleemero » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:36 am

Taiben wrote:Hating someone because of something they quietly belive is stupid. :?
Have you not read a single post past the first 5 words?

I haven't seen a single "I think Christians/Catholics/Jews/Muslims/Buddhists/* are stupid" in this whole thread.

It's not what people "silently" believe, it's what they do and how they act, and the impact and influence their beliefs have on others.

You can silently believe whatever you'd like, regardless of logic, science, or fact at all, and you know what, that's fine.
But don't you dare try to influence another person, and don't you dare let anyone else tell you you're wrong, because you should believe what it is you want to believe, and so should everyone else.

You know what, this thread is just going to drive religious discussion, which is already evident.

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:20 am

• Commercials. They're totally idiotic 90% of the time.
  • The fact that I have issues in turning ideas into speech. Like, I'll plan out something to say to someone, then either totally forget it, stumble horribly over my words ("I-I-I wa -- I was -- I was looking for a game... *stutters terribly when trying to give the title*"), or forget one particular word and have to use a sub-par replacement that doesn't really convey what I mean.
  • Murphy's Law seems to prevail above all other laws in my family.
  • Canker sores. When it pains me physically to smile, it makes me sad.
  • The Wii in general.
I have many more, but this will suffice for now. Give you a look into how my mind works and all that.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

Bustinthejustin

Post by Bustinthejustin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:25 am

I'm gonna add my 2 cents here about religion....

I, personally, am an anthiest, but I have nothing wrong with people who are religious. I only hate it when people try to "convert you", or when they won't shut up about their religion. I also hate people who make fun of others for their religion... This one kid at school LOVES going "you stupid jew" to everyone and everything. He's such a moron.

Pet peeves not related to religion, though:

People who think they're better than everyone else
People who can't take their own advice/hypocrites
Arguing on the internet
Arguing with people who base their facts on opinion
Immature kids (Okay, I'm 13, shoot me. I'm young, but, and maybe I'm arrogant, but I feel a LOT more mature than most kids.) who make kids in general look bad
Lack of effort used when typing

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:01 am

Threads which seem to have reached rock bottom but continue to decline indefinitely in quality.

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:57 am

I hate people who hate people

:wink: