The Nintendo DSi

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Bibin
The Nintendo DSi

Post by Bibin » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:19 pm

So, who is getting one? It comes out on April 5th here, so I think I'm going to. I have a DS phat and DS lite I can trade in to reduce my price to a meager 50 dollars, and I might be able to get another DS lite from a friend to reduce the price to -20 dollars.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Re: The Nintendo DSi

Post by eurddrue » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:30 pm

negative $20 dollars? they pay you $20 dollars or just give you store credit? They look awsome, I want to get one, but my money prorities are higher than that.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Arrow-->

Post by Arrow--> » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:42 pm

I'd love to get one but i don't have very much money and I can't trade in my DS because I pealed the stickers off the bottom

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Not gonna bother. The cameras are a useless gimmick to me. The SD card slot is useless, I'd have to buy new accessories, I don't need a bigger screen, and I'd have to buy a new flashcart. Other than the cameras it doesn't do anything that my DS Lite+M3DS Real+Ram Pak doesn't do. And I'm too cheap to buy one.

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:40 pm

XCVG wrote:Not gonna bother. The cameras are a useless gimmick to me. The SD card slot is useless, I'd have to buy new accessories, I don't need a bigger screen, and I'd have to buy a new flashcart. Other than the cameras it doesn't do anything that my DS Lite+M3DS Real+Ram Pak doesn't do. And I'm too cheap to buy one.
You realize nintendo's going to release DSi-only games, right? They announced it like two days ago.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:46 pm

:( that sucks for us who don't want to buy a third nintendo ds.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Guys, the DSi underclocks to run regular DS games. Any DSi-only games are going to be much smoother with better graphics and such as the DSi is more than twice as fast as the DS. Those games will also support WPA! It has four times the ram too.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Flashcards won't work in the DSi; Nintendo made sure of that - something to bear in mind... :wink:

May as well stay with the DS Lite or original DS anyway; let's face it, most games on the DS and Wii for that matter are pants; some are fantastic, but most are mediocre or pants.

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:59 pm

bacteria wrote:Flashcards won't work in the DSi; Nintendo made sure of that - something to bear in mind... :wink:

May as well stay with the DS Lite or original DS anyway; let's face it, most games on the DS and Wii for that matter are pants; some are fantastic, but most are mediocre or pants.
pants?
And flashcards will work, dealextreme sells flashcards that are DSi compatable...
wallydawg wrote:

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:11 pm

bacteria wrote:pants.
Is this another one of those UK expressions? Or were you talking about this game:
That game is terrible, AND pants. :lol:

And there are DSi flashcarts that work with normal DS units and the DSi for less than $20 including shipping. :wink:

I might get one, you can get a pair of replacement screens, top and bottom, for $31 shipped on DX. I will probably buy the set, buy a DSi with a broken screen off ebay, then fix it, and sell the other screen on ebay for profit (Or keep it).

Excellent

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:14 pm

palmertech wrote:
bacteria wrote:pants.
Is this another one of those UK expressions? Or were you talking about this game:
That game is terrible, AND pants. :lol:

And there are DSi flashcarts that work with normal DS units and the DSi for less than $20 including shipping. :wink:

I might get one, you can get a pair of replacement screens, top and bottom, for $31 shipped on DX. I will probably buy the set, buy a DSi with a broken screen off ebay, then fix it, and sell the other screen on ebay for profit (Or keep it).
Holy crap! I never thought of that, although I am thinking of some other ways to get a cheap dsi...*evil smile*
wallydawg wrote:

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:16 pm

bacteria wrote:Flashcards won't work in the DSi; Nintendo made sure of that - something to bear in mind... :wink:

I already own a DSi compatible flash card. It's called the TTDSi, as well as a new Acecard.

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:19 pm

i might think about getting one, if they ever release any games that are actually worth playing :lol:

personally, i think nintendo should just release a true n64p, with a cart slot and everything.
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:34 pm

samjc3 wrote:personally, i think nintendo should just release a true n64p, with a cart slot and everything.
Three reasons that will never happen:

1. Most of their target audience is too young to remember the N64 in its heyday, so it wouldn't be very relevant.
2. New hardware is far more powerful.
3. They wouldn't be able to sell you more copies of your old games again if they did.

;) :P

I could see them releasing a handheld Virtual Console, though.

eurddrue

Post by eurddrue » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:37 pm

bicostp wrote:
samjc3 wrote:personally, i think nintendo should just release a true n64p, with a cart slot and everything.
Three reasons that will never happen:

1. Most of their target audience is too young to remember the N64 in its heyday, so it wouldn't be very relevant.
2. New hardware is far more powerful.
3. They wouldn't be able to sell you more copies of your old games again if they did.

;) :P

I could see them releasing a handheld Virtual Console, though.
4. there would be no more point of the n64 section on benheck forums. But if they did ever release one, it would probably be a lot smaller than our custom made one's (except sifuf's)
wallydawg wrote: