New DS Zelda...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

So Many Kinds of Bagels
New DS Zelda...

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:53 pm

eh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSE_rgLrz0A
Personally, I would have liked something on the Wii...and with the cool art style.
I love Wind Waker, and the art style doesn't bother me. I just like the more realistic style about fives times as much.

Well, I don't have a DS, so I won't be getting this. What do you guys think?
Valve is the best company.

Spyder12587

Re: New DS Zelda...

Post by Spyder12587 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Hopefully it'll be good but just because they announced the DS one doesn't mean that a Wii version isn't in the works. Actually, it's the opposite. Miyamoto has come out and stated that Nintendo EAD is working on a new, from the ground up, Zelda game for the Wii. I'm betting there will be an announcement at E3 this summer. Hopefully Pikmin 3 will debut as well.
There is no black or white but rather a million shades of gray...

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:01 pm

Spyder12587 wrote:Hopefully it'll be good but just because they announced the DS one doesn't mean that a Wii version isn't in the works. Actually, it's the opposite. Miyamoto has come out and stated that Nintendo EAD is working on a new, from the ground up, Zelda game for the Wii. I'm betting there will be an announcement at E3 this summer. Hopefully Pikmin 3 will debut as well.
That sounds pretty awesome. You got a source on that? Or was it a video or something?
Yea...I kind of wish that old IGN April Fools joke with the futuristic Zelda was true :(.

But "from the ground up" really sounds good. They've just about squeezed all the life out of pushing blocks around and finding treasure chests.
Valve is the best company.

Spyder12587

Post by Spyder12587 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:05 pm

I think by "from the ground up" they just meant to push the Wii's hardware. Twilight Princess was ported from the Gamecube and as such, not made to take full advantage of the Wii. Let me see if I can find the article I was referring to, it's been a while....

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:19 pm

A train?

I'd like to see how this fits in to the official timeline...
Hey, sup?

Spyder12587

Post by Spyder12587 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Can't find the video or article I was talking about but I found a video interview with Miyamoto where he mentions the Zelda team is always working on their next game.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Wow...um..that looks really lame actually....I think they're starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for ideas now...
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Stupid Plots ruining games.

I want old zelda back, where it was just hyrule, zelda, great sidequests, and little explanation as to what to do (ie lots of exploring)
Hey, sup?

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:39 pm

i am very disappointed now. they couldn't leave phantom hourglass alone, could they?

these games need to stay on consoles and not portables. phantom hourglass was ok, nothing really special. i never really liked the kid-like graphics. i want something more like twilight princess or go back to OoT graphics or something at least.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:13 pm

samus wrote:i am very disappointed now. they couldn't leave phantom hourglass alone, could they?

these games need to stay on consoles and not portables. phantom hourglass was ok, nothing really special. i never really liked the kid-like graphics. i want something more like twilight princess or go back to OoT graphics or something at least.
nothing wrong with having portable zelda games, they have always existed. We can keep the Wind Waker type graphics on the portables and reserve Twilight Princess graphics for the consoles. both camps are appeased. Personally, I'm a Twilight Princess fan, but my friend is a Wind Waker fan. Let him have his wind-waker graphics on the DS and let me have the awesome on on the Wii.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:54 am

Aww, I was hoping for a remake of Ocarina Of Time a la Super Mario 64 DS. And yes I liked the futuristic Zelda as well.

Spyder12587

Post by Spyder12587 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:06 am

I may just be easy to please, but I've enjoyed all the Zelda games so far. I'm a big fan of the N64 ones and A Link to the Past. I wish with the handheld versions, they'd go back to top-down, 2D sprites, traditional style Zelda games. As for consoles, they should just keep on doing what they're doing.

Does anyone else think there should be voice-overs as well? I know Shigeru Miyamoto doesn't want Link to have a voice, which is fine, but that doesn't mean the villagers and characters you interact with shouldn't either.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 am

Voice-overs would be all fine and dandy....but if the game had voice overs....we'd more than likely all be forced to listen to jap voice actors with subtitles, as the peeps who bring it to the states would get lazy and not get english voice actors. If that were to happen, (no english, just subtitles) I'd wind up playing the game muted :/
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Spyder12587

Post by Spyder12587 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:27 am

Hahaha, maybe, but I've found that as far as voice-over work goes, Japanese voice work is much better. There are exceptions, of course, but for the most part I've found that to be true. Now as far as in the game, it'd be part of the localizing process. I doubt they'd leave the Japanese voices unless there was an option to choose English or Japanese.

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 am

I haven't beat Phantom Hourglass, but am I the only one who doesn't like the controls on anything that Nintendo does anymore. Twilight Princess wasn't all that bad, but it still got boring and made me want to switch to the Gamecube version. As for the DS I really, REALLY hate the touch screen only controls. They suck.