New DS Zelda...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Re: New DS Zelda...

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:59 pm

Perhaps, just maybe, the legend of zelda starts in this nineteenth century (Nintendo already announced that the minish cap was the first one, though). Then, the apocalypse hits, and the world must start over. This is where the legend of zelda kicks in, where link is a sole warrior in a battle to prevent an evil dictator from rising to control.
Hey, sup?

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:07 am

Kurt_ wrote:Perhaps, just maybe, the legend of zelda starts in this nineteenth century (Nintendo already announced that the minish cap was the first one, though). Then, the apocalypse hits, and the world must start over. This is where the legend of zelda kicks in, where link is a sole warrior in a battle to prevent an evil dictator from rising to control.
interesting. I would like to see Nintendo compile a storybook or something interweaving all the games into one (or two with the varying timelines and what-not) saga.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:25 am

Here's some of my Zelda ideas:

Zelda: Modern Warfare- You play a soldier in the Hylian army when the Soviet Union invades. Cold-war atmosphere, lots of spook stuff. Well okay it isn't the worst abuse of two existing brand names (Zelda and CoD).

SGZelda: Go from world to world to unlock the key to an Alteran weapon to defeat the Ori. It's not the worst crossover ever... I think.

Zelda Train Sim: Go around in a train shooting stuff- oh wait Nintendo is already doing that.

If you haven't figured out that these are all jokes then you're dumb.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:34 pm

grossaffe wrote:
Kurt_ wrote:Perhaps, just maybe, the legend of zelda starts in this nineteenth century (Nintendo already announced that the minish cap was the first one, though). Then, the apocalypse hits, and the world must start over. This is where the legend of zelda kicks in, where link is a sole warrior in a battle to prevent an evil dictator from rising to control.
interesting. I would like to see Nintendo compile a storybook or something interweaving all the games into one (or two with the varying timelines and what-not) saga.
Nintendo has said before that they have an official timeline, with all the plot twists, some of them not played out yet. Kinda like the "Halo Bible" that you hear about.

Boy would I like to get my hands on the "Zelda Bible". :lol:

Excellent

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:38 pm

palmertech wrote:
grossaffe wrote:
Nintendo has said before that they have an official timeline, with all the plot twists, some of them not played out yet. Kinda like the "Halo Bible" that you hear about.

Boy would I like to get my hands on the "Zelda Bible". :lol:
It would free up a lot of time for the nerds still trying to make a complete zelda timeline :lol: gotta link to where you heard about it?
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:44 pm

XCVG wrote:Here's some of my Zelda ideas:

Zelda: Modern Warfare- You play a soldier in the Hylian army when the Soviet Union invades. Cold-war atmosphere, lots of spook stuff. Well okay it isn't the worst abuse of two existing brand names (Zelda and CoD).

SGZelda: Go from world to world to unlock the key to an Alteran weapon to defeat the Ori. It's not the worst crossover ever... I think.

Zelda Train Sim: Go around in a train shooting stuff- oh wait Nintendo is already doing that.

If you haven't figured out that these are all jokes then you're dumb.
... Ha?

Arrow-->

Post by Arrow--> » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:49 pm

XCVG wrote: Zelda: Modern Warfare- You play a soldier in the Hylian army when the Soviet Union invades. Cold-war atmosphere, lots of spook stuff. Well okay it isn't the worst abuse of two existing brand names (Zelda and CoD).

is Hyrule near the soviet union? :)

and as for the timeline http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend ... a_(series)
under chronology and history

of course it is wikipedia...

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Arrow--> wrote:
XCVG wrote: Zelda: Modern Warfare- You play a soldier in the Hylian army when the Soviet Union invades. Cold-war atmosphere, lots of spook stuff. Well okay it isn't the worst abuse of two existing brand names (Zelda and CoD).

is Hyrule near the soviet union? :)

and as for the timeline http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend ... a_(series)
under chronology and history

of course it is wikipedia...
There's a lot of different timelines.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Miyamoto stated that there was a timeline document in a 2003 interview, you can look up more on the Zelda wiki.

The problem is that Nintendo HAS posted an official Zelda timeline on their website, but it makes absolutely no sense. :( So you end up with split timelines, parallel timelines, and a huge mess.

Me, I just play each game like it is a fresh adventure. :mrgreen: http://www.livescience.com/health/09032 ... ision.html

Excellent

ninjamonkey

Post by ninjamonkey » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:25 pm

I wish they would take the world of hyrule from Ocarina of Time and the graphics and all. And make a new game in that world and than add an four sword style multiplayer to it. Now that would be sick. I actually sent nintendo a letter giving them that idea in the past. They didn't take it, but I got a signed mini-poster of the twilight princess; it was signed by the team that made twilight princess.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Just a tip, especially for people like you, ninjamonkey: Never send those ideas. All those companies have a policy of throwing away any idea letters without even reading them. Why? because if they make a game based on that idea, they do not want someone going after them for that idea. There was some stupid thing a while back when Apple made a girl cry with a letter that said to stop sending ideas. :lol:

Excellent

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm

palmertech wrote:Just a tip, especially for people like you, ninjamonkey: Never send those ideas. All those companies have a policy of throwing away any idea letters without even reading them. Why? because if they make a game based on that idea, they do not want someone going after them for that idea. There was some stupid thing a while back when Apple made a girl cry with a letter that said to stop sending ideas. :lol:
The guys at nintendo are jerks. Of course they don't care what people ACTUALLY WANT, they just want to make money. And the DSi thing really pisses me off. Look dammit, is this a whole new generation with new games or an upgrade?

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 am

XCVG: Sounds almost exactly like what Sega did with the Sega CD/32X.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:58 am

Yeah, 90% of companies are run by jerkwads. I still fail to see how Shiguru Miyamoto let this happen. Oh and the reason the Wii is selling so much is because of little kids and old people (and there's a few, not a lot, nintendo fans). I've asked around quite a bit and almost everyone in my class has a 360. Those that don't have a PS3 or PS2. I know three people with a Wii, and one of them has a 360 as well.

Motion control is great for some games, OK for others, and sucktastic for some more. The reason the gamepad has been used for >15 years is because it's relatively flexible, being OK for most games. Although it's great for FPS, simulation, and strategy I can't say that my mouse/keyboard has the same flexibility. Platformers, no way. Sports games, meh. There's a reason I have a gamepad. Well actually I bought it for emulation.

Oh yeah and touchscreen control is good if used responsibly. It should not be used for moving or attacking. Typing, interacting, or other stuff like that is okay. CoD 4 for DS is a great example of that. It uses the touchscreen to aim. Also I think Nintendo should have put some sort of analog control on the DS. That's one thing they should have fixed with the DSi but didn't. They should have either made the Dpad analog or added a PSP-style stick.